Author Topic: My Sim wants to move… to a penthouse?  (Read 54010 times)

Offline Gameactive

• Testing Cheats Enabler
  • Townie
  • “But making clichéd Sims is my specialty…”
My Sim wants to move… to a penthouse?
« on: July 30, 2012, 01:33:41 PM »
Okay, I’m confused.

In Bridgeport, my Sim got a wish to “Move into a Penthouse” for 4,500 happiness points. She already lived in a house instead of an apartment, so I don’t know why the wish rolled, other than just her 3-star celebrity status. And I didn’t want to move her, but that hefty load of happiness made me make a backup file and try it anyway.

So, I clicked the computer and told her to move. Most of the apartments were unselectable, likely because Story Progression already filled them in. But I don’t know what the game means by “penthouse”. Do they just mean any residential building that wasn’t classified as an apartment? Because like I said before she already lived in a house. (A mansion with no other people, by the way.) Or is there something I’m just completely missing?
“When life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back!” - Cave Johnson, Portal 2
“You ought to upgrade to Windows 7!”, they said. “It’ll help your games run so much better!”, they said. If I see them again, then they had better know how to stabilize an on-the-fritz copy of The Sims 3 that was working just fine on Windows XP.

Offline folcon

• Immortal
Re: My Sim wants to move… to a penthouse?
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2012, 01:56:56 PM »
A penthouse refers to the appartment on the top floor of an appartment building. 

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Gameactive

• Testing Cheats Enabler
  • Townie
  • “But making clichéd Sims is my specialty…”
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2012, 12:13:10 AM »
A penthouse refers to the appartment on the top floor of an appartment building.
Well, that seems stupid. She moved out of Powell House (or whatever that $~4500 starter apartment in BP is) about two in-game weeks earlier. Why the heck would a celebrity want to move back to a place like that when they have a 40×40 mansion named after a tea sweetener?
“When life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back!” - Cave Johnson, Portal 2
“You ought to upgrade to Windows 7!”, they said. “It’ll help your games run so much better!”, they said. If I see them again, then they had better know how to stabilize an on-the-fritz copy of The Sims 3 that was working just fine on Windows XP.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2012, 12:52:59 AM »
A penthouse probably also has to be one of the expensive apartments on the top floor.  I don't think moving into a junky place will fulfill the wish.  As for why, some Sims (and people) just prefer the penthouse view.  Like Lisa Douglas.  Ok, if you know who that is, you will seriously date yourself.  ;D
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2012, 02:39:46 AM »
There are 3 penthouses in Bridgeport: Aria Trill's, The Jones's and the loft apartment near Waylon's haunt. I've played in all of them and they are the only apartments where when you click on the mailbox you get "get mail from XXX penthouse". I believe it's because they are the one's with a terrace.
I remodeled the loft into a 3 bedroom apartment; but, sometimes my sim still gets the wish to move into a penthouse. And she's living in the best penthouse in Bridgeport.

Offline Swirl-Girl

• Squirt
  • Watcher
  • Sends more than 20 PMs Per Hour
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2012, 09:20:18 AM »
The Penthouse wishes are really annoying. I always get them living in huge luxurious mansions decorated with their favorite color.

Squirt's Super Submissions
I love Constructive Criticism!
"Krabs are so cheap, they can't even pay attention!"

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2012, 02:35:32 PM »
Living in a penthouse has it's advantages. I live in a so-called penthouse (6th floor with terrace), and the view is spectacular. That is what the sims want in a city.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.