Author Topic: Can't Play My Game - Please Help!  (Read 9032 times)

Offline NeeNeePearl

• Llama Wrangler
Can't Play My Game - Please Help!
« on: August 08, 2012, 12:00:48 AM »
So I've gotten my copy of the original sims 3 from JB HiFi, I bought it from a store. And then I bought Ambitions and Pets, again from JB HiFi, a real store. But when I try and play the sims, it opens normally, plays the video, and loads, but then it says "We are unable to verify that this is a valid copy of the sims 3 Pets. Please contact customer service." and it exits the game. I've tried googling this, but everyone says "Don't use a pirated copy" But it's not, I bought it from a store!!! :(

Sometimes ejecting the disk and putting it back in fixes the problem, but today, no luck. I use a mac by the way, in case that helps.

Please help, thanks in advance!
“When it rains on your parade, look up rather than down. Without the rain, there would be no rainbow.” - G.K. Chesterton

The Diamond Dynasty - A Girl From Simasi

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
Re: Can't Play My Game - Please Help!
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2012, 12:31:32 AM »
All I can suggest is going to the EA help site: https://help.ea.com and trying to talk to someone there - sometimes you can talk to someone immediately on chat - or maybe calling the store you bought it from?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Execution

• Occult
  • Rawr.
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2012, 12:42:24 AM »
Do you have the installation codes?

If you do, I'd register all of the codes on Origin, and if Origin accepts them, uninstall Sims 3 completely and then download and re-install via Origin. In this case, you won't be using the CDs -- the launcher probably thinks something's wrong with them. Or, you could download and install Twallan's NoCD mod.

I actually disagree with pallyndrome's suggestion as this usually leads to a conversation like this:
EA support: Well, since you bought it from a store, you should go to their customer support and not ours. *refuses to help whatsoever*
Real Store: Well, this isn't our fault. We don't make the games, EA does. Go to their customer support.
...And that conversation keeps going and going.

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2012, 02:01:50 AM »
I actually disagree with pallyndrome's suggestion as this usually leads to a conversation like this:
EA support: Well, since you bought it from a store, you should go to their customer support and not ours. *refuses to help whatsoever*
Real Store: Well, this isn't our fault. We don't make the games, EA does. Go to their customer support.
...And that conversation keeps going and going.

sure,  whatever works.

Offline Flynn Arrowstarr

• Administrator
  • Immortal
  • Semi-conscious
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2012, 09:55:01 PM »
Do you have the installation codes?

If you do, I'd register all of the codes on Origin, and if Origin accepts them, uninstall Sims 3 completely and then download and re-install via Origin. In this case, you won't be using the CDs -- the launcher probably thinks something's wrong with them. Or, you could download and install Twallan's NoCD mod.

Twallan's NoCD mod is a big help. :)

A technicality, but you need to register the games on The Sims 3 site (http://www.thesims3.com/) as the keys don't validate in Origin. If all else fails, contacting EA support is a good option as they will often register the game in Origin without any problems. I did that recently with Spore Galactic Adventures since it couldn't be registered through Origin or through the Spore website. It took about 24 hours and three or four emails, but they were very courteous.

Flynn
Check out Flynn's Fineries for houses, Sims and helpful articles.

Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2012, 09:59:40 PM »
Because NeeNee is on a Mac she can't download from Origin because it's not available in that format.  So your choice is to contact EA support is your only option after you make sure to register the games at TheSims3.com like Flynn mentioned.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Flynn Arrowstarr

• Administrator
  • Immortal
  • Semi-conscious
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2012, 12:10:52 PM »
Because NeeNee is on a Mac she can't download from Origin because it's not available in that format.  So your choice is to contact EA support is your only option after you make sure to register the games at TheSims3.com like Flynn mentioned.

I didn't know the Origin download wasn't available on the Mac. I'll keep that in mind. Thanks, Ricalynn. :)

Flynn
Check out Flynn's Fineries for houses, Sims and helpful articles.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Execution

• Occult
  • Rawr.
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2012, 02:48:51 PM »
It took about 24 hours and three or four emails, but they were very courteous.

Flynn
As a side note, if you go into a live chat with them it'll happen within five minutes or so.

Offline fortheloveofcake

• Immortal
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2012, 08:00:51 PM »
Up until recently I played on a Mac as well and I would occasionally run into this issue. I would just take out the disc, restart my laptop, and try again. Eventually it worked, usually only needing one restart.

When you live, live with your soul, not with your time.
When you love, love with your heart, not with your mind.
When you want to be something, the world can't define, open up your eyes.

Offline NeeNeePearl

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2012, 06:11:47 AM »
Thanks so much everyone for your suggestions and help! I think for now I'll just keep ejecting the disk / and or restarting until it works. If it really doesn't go away I'll try contacting EA or the store, though I agree with what Execution said,

"EA support: Well, since you bought it from a store, you should go to their customer support and not ours. *refuses to help whatsoever*
  Real Store: Well, this isn't our fault. We don't make the games, EA does. Go to their customer support."

That made me laugh, it's all too familiar! It could still be worth a try though, thanks again for the suggestions. And yes, all the codes are registered on the Sims 3 EA site. :)
“When it rains on your parade, look up rather than down. Without the rain, there would be no rainbow.” - G.K. Chesterton

The Diamond Dynasty - A Girl From Simasi

Offline smartburn

• Occult
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2012, 12:40:23 AM »
I'm on a Mac laptop and I get this all the time. One day when it happened 4-5 times in a row and I was tempted to play frisbee with the disc, I ran across this (it may have been here, may have been the official forums, I don't remember) and it helped a little, meaning that it only happened half the time - yay?  ::) Otherwise, I pretty much do what you do, and blow on the disc and the drive for extra measure every time I eject.  :P

Frey

« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2012, 03:16:47 PM »
If you are confident that your copy of The Sims 3 is valid yet still encounter this error, attempt this workaround:
1. Play the launcher normally, letting the introductory movie play.
2. In the video, when the “young woman” looks at herself in the mirror, simply press the Escape key.

Are you kidding me?  ???

Offline SadieHamming

• Immortal
  • Call me Sadie :)
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2012, 06:56:29 PM »
I don't know if you figured out how to fix it yet, but the same exact thing happened to me. I downloaded Showtime, then started the game. And it told me my disk wasn't valid. So what i did was, I exited. Re downloaded the expansion pack and it worked, more or less. When ever i eject the disk it tells me I need to have the disk, so i just leave it in. Hope this helps :)
Edit: I play on a mac as well.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2012, 11:56:59 PM »
Are you kidding me?  ???

Who are you quoting?  Putting something in quotes with no source is not a good idea.

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2012, 12:18:20 AM »
He was actually quoting the link that smartburn provided.  That advice is exactly what EA recommends for Mac users that are experiencing this.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

anything