Author Topic: Error when importing a sticker into CAP  (Read 4011 times)

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
Error when importing a sticker into CAP
« on: August 19, 2012, 10:21:06 PM »
I was importing some stickers into CAP for a pattern and one of them gave me an error message.
Your video card does not support the image size. Please resize to a smaller size before importing.
But the image is a 256 x 256 jpg like all the others have been. I've had this happen a couple other times but haven't been able to figure out what's causing it. Has one else ran into this and have an idea what might be causing it and what to do to get it to import?
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Error when importing a sticker into CAP
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2012, 11:00:52 PM »
Hi Grimsoul,

I have run into this "error" plenty of times while trying to play with CAP. Try this:

Load your image into your photo editor. Export as .png. If it allow you to edit the size at this point, do so. = 256Hx256W and then click export or save, which ever your photo editor does.

This seems to work for Hubby and I.

I hope this helps, :)

MrsFlynn
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2012, 11:10:49 PM »
Thank you MrsFlynn. I loaded the jpg file back into Photoshop and saved it as a png and it import into CAP with no problem. :)
Don't know why I didn't think to try that. I guess sense it was going to be the background and didn't have any transparency to I wanted it to be a jpg  and it never entered my mine to try a different file format.
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2012, 12:01:17 PM »
I'm glad I could help!! :)

I'm a .jpg kind of girl myself. So it never crossed my mind to try .png either.  Hubby gave me the suggestion when I ran up against the error. So I tried it and it worked. So now I get what files I want to try to make into patterns, export them as .png and then take them into CAP. Some of the patterns turn out and some of them don't. *Snicker*

MrsFlynn
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline Neashaleigh

• Immortal
  • Divergent
    • The Sims - Houses
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2013, 06:19:14 AM »
Just wanted to say thanks for this. I ran into the same error and was getting frustrated because no matter how small I made the .jpg file, it wasn't "small" enough. The stickers in question were running the risk of fading away to nothing had I kept shrinking them! The .png file worked first time :)
*´¨)
 ¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.• Neasha Leigh

The Sims 3 - Houses
My Sims 3 Studio
My Sims 4 Studio