Author Topic: Exception Raised Error  (Read 4314 times)

Offline Beezy

• Watcher
  • Corey :)
Exception Raised Error
« on: January 19, 2013, 04:40:16 PM »
I have been getting this annoying thing with my game recently, what happens is that I'm simming, and all of the sudden this window comes up and it says something like: Exception Raised 00000000x00000000362815
would you like to debug it? It doesn't matter if I click yes or no. The game crashes. I lose everything. I have had to reopen the game 5 times because of this. And it happened this time after only 5 minutes. This is getting really annoying. Does anyone know what I should do?

Offline Wai

• Immortal
Re: Exception Raised Error
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2013, 07:48:08 PM »
Corey

I get the impression that your game has been without problems until recently.

Have you installed any new EP's or CC recently?

I have not seen your specific problem myself, however, I would try a "Factory Reset" (see stickies above) first.  It frequently fixes errors as it restores the game to they way it was before the error occured.  It doesn't take long, but, you will need to save backups of any game files you want to keep before doing it.

“In this world, there is nothing softer or thinner than water. But to compel the hard and unyielding, it has no equal. That the weak overcomes the strong, that the hard gives way to the gentle -- this everyone knows. Yet no one asks accordingly.”
 Lao-Tse

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Beezy

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2013, 11:28:32 PM »
Corey

I get the impression that your game has been without problems until recently.

Have you installed any new EP's or CC recently?

I have not seen your specific problem myself, however, I would try a "Factory Reset" (see stickies above) first.  It frequently fixes errors as it restores the game to they way it was before the error occured.  It doesn't take long, but, you will need to save backups of any game files you want to keep before doing it.

No, I installed Seasons a few months ago, but nothing else. No CC or Mods. i've already attempted a factory reset but it still fails to run.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2013, 12:08:39 AM »
No, I installed Seasons a few months ago, but nothing else. No CC or Mods. i've already attempted a factory reset but it still fails to run.

You might be looking at a complete re-install.  If you do, be sure to review the sticky threads that discuss making a back up and how to complete the re-installation.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline sunshine_2406

• Occult
  • Call me Alice :)
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2013, 04:24:30 AM »
Would you be on a mac by any chance? I have this problem myself and I've read it's specific to mac users and a result of either the seasons patch or seasons itself. One of the team on twitter said that a patch to fix it will be in the next few months.
From the moment I fell down that rabbit hole I've been told what I must do and who I must be. I've been shrunk, stretched, scratched and stuffed into a teapot. I've been accused of being Alice, and of not being Alice, but this is my dream. I'll decide where it goes from here.

Offline Beezy

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2013, 01:39:45 PM »
Would you be on a mac by any chance? I have this problem myself and I've read it's specific to mac users and a result of either the seasons patch or seasons itself. One of the team on twitter said that a patch to fix it will be in the next few months.

Yes, I have a Mac.

You might be looking at a complete re-install.  If you do, be sure to review the sticky threads that discuss making a back up and how to complete the re-installation.

I checked The Sims 3 forum, and a ton of people tried that, (They have the same specs I have.) And it didn't work for them.

Offline Odie

• Occult
  • Dutch mommy living in Norway
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2013, 02:34:28 PM »
Then I would try to uninstall seasons for the moment and see if that helps. If that works, maybe wait for a patch before you install it again. Good luck!
Problem? Don't panic! There is always a solution. You just have to find it  :D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

anything