Author Topic: Can't Join Video Game Developer Career  (Read 6275 times)

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
  • "Sh! Be quiet! The nutters are out to get me."
Can't Join Video Game Developer Career
« on: May 22, 2013, 07:26:05 PM »
I've searched high and low for an answer to my issue I've been having with my game, and it appears that nothing can fix it!

I have two sims I created as housemates. I've played this file for a long time and have a LOT of progress. Both Sims started out in different careers. The sim in question was originally working at the Grocery Store (I like realism, they were saving up to go to University). They scrunched enough money together and both went to University. This Sim got a degree in Business and came home to pursue his lifetime wish of being a CEO of the Mega Corporation. Now that that's said and done I absolutely can't stand how often (and ridiculously hard it is) to hold meetings and have a social life. My Sims also had a wish to go back to school so I obliged them (thinking I could come back and address his career change). My University file was pretty glitched and I barely had them make it back home.
They did get enough credits to earn a degree but they were never called to the Stadium to receive their diplomas. I reloaded four different saves and kept adjusting my settings, removing mods... nothing worked. They just wouldn't graduate. Thankfully though, they were able to go home.

I figured it wouldn't matter much, he still fulfilled his wish to get 2 degrees (even though he doesn't have the physical copy of his degree). I uploaded his resume to start with and found the Video Game Developer career (note: he had NOT quit his job at this point). The minute I hit "Accept" my sim reset to the house with no change. I was stunned. I tried having him quit his job. He reset. I sent him to his workplace and he quit his job. Just fine. I sent him back in to the tower and had him join the VGD career. He reset. I used the newspaper, reset; the computer, reset; I even had him lose his Nerd-i-ness and regain it to have the option pop up again... he reset.
I evicted the house (and lost all of my story-portraying wishes) and placed them back immediately. Still resets. I have bulldozed the entire business building down to the bare ground. I replaced the lot and the buildings on top of it and he still reset. I even moved my sims to a new game and he still resets!
What am I doing wrong?

Is there any way this can be fixed? I'm a desperate woman now... I've worked SO hard on these Sims... they were really just about to settle down, they both rolled wishes to have a child. If anyone has any ideas... I'll try anything.

Just to be specific: when I switched towns I saved them to the Sim Bin AFTER I noticed the glitch happening (I had had no previous save to return to).

Offline Nyxi

• Llama Wrangler
Re: Can't Join Video Game Developer Career
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2013, 07:22:59 PM »
Can he join a different career or is this glitched for all careers?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Logosim15

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2017, 04:03:53 PM »
I am experiencing the exact same problem now... can anybody help? It's so frustrating, I just want my Sim to be a Video Game Developer... :(

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
  • "Sh! Be quiet! The nutters are out to get me."
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2017, 08:54:09 PM »
I have no idea/recollection if I found a solution. I don't think I did, but you can always try saving them to the Family Bin and placing them in a new town to see if that fixes it!

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2017, 10:47:05 PM »
Thank you LivvieLove for trying to help. I'm afraid I'm not going to be much help either. As once your game gets that buggy there is only a couple/few things left to do.

1. Try mods that might fix the issue.
2. Go back to a previous save if you have one.
3. Save the family and create a new game with them.

What mods, I don't know. I'm not really familiar with any that can really save bugged games. As when my games get that bugged I just save the family and start a new game. You may want to ask over at Nraas for advice on saving bugged games with mods. - http://nraas.wikispaces.com/page/messages/Chatterbox
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline kusurusu

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2017, 06:27:09 AM »
Either your blog has 1250+ followers (sell it!) or your sim has already reached a higher level in the developer career (in that case you'd have to use cheats and shift click on the mailbox).

Video Game Developer career splits into two branches at level 3 already and depending on the circumstances your sim might try to join base branch level 4/5 (which doesn't exist).