Author Topic: Downloading sims from the exchange issues  (Read 8277 times)

Offline malteser60

• Occult
Downloading sims from the exchange issues
« on: July 31, 2010, 10:07:23 PM »
I'm having a few problems downloading sims from the exchange and using them in my game. I have downloaded sims from the exchange before and I never had any problems. I've recently done a re-install and I downloaded a couple sims from my page in the exchange. That worked no problem and they all showed up in edit town mode and I placed copies of them in the town (Riverview). Then I decided to populate the town a bit more and went onto the exchange in search for cc-free sims, which I found some, downloaded them and installed them through the launcher as usual. However I can't seem to find them anywhere in edit town. They are in the EA/The sims folders in my documents as saved sims, but I can't see them in the game. Am I doing something wrong?

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Downloading sims from the exchange issues
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2010, 11:06:53 PM »
I believe when you go into create a sim at the beginning of the game, that is where they are.  You have to open up the folder that shows all of the sims and the ones that you downloaded should be in there.  That is where I found mine when I downloaded it and it took me forever to find it, lol.  Good luck, let me know.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2010, 12:33:26 AM »
I have to give a warning about downloading Sims from the Exchange.  It's very risky because of the potential third party content that can seriously mess up your game.  I know you said you look for Sims with no cc, but frankly, you won't be able to tell from the information on the Exchange.  They could easily have third party clothing that's not apparent or disclosed by the creator of the Sim.  There are some items of clothing that just wreak havoc with the game.  Please be careful!
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline malteser60

• Occult
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2010, 06:02:03 AM »
I believe when you go into create a sim at the beginning of the game, that is where they are.  You have to open up the folder that shows all of the sims and the ones that you downloaded should be in there.  That is where I found mine when I downloaded it and it took me forever to find it, lol.  Good luck, let me know.
Thanks for the info. I finally found them. It was in CAS in the pre-made sims section. To be honest I had never clicked on those before, if I'd known just how many other sims there are in there, I wouldn't have downloaded any. It is a pain to use though as you have to go into CAS, then find the pre-made sims, accept them as a household, back into edit town to then place a copy of them. Too long-winded and slow!

I have to give a warning about downloading Sims from the Exchange.  It's very risky because of the potential third party content that can seriously mess up your game.  I know you said you look for Sims with no cc, but frankly, you won't be able to tell from the information on the Exchange.  They could easily have third party clothing that's not apparent or disclosed by the creator of the Sim.  There are some items of clothing that just wreak havoc with the game.  Please be careful!
Thanks for the warning Pam. I noticed one of them came with third party cc clothing and I just uninstalled the clothing. I must admit I have used third party cc before, to my detriment! Guess I should have learned the lesson.