Author Topic: Please reinstall base game  (Read 31045 times)

Offline trily

• Nooboo
Please reinstall base game
« on: July 05, 2013, 05:38:51 PM »
I decided to update my Sims 3 Supernatural to the newest update, 1.55

but for some reason right when the update was done, I got this error:

"Error number: 0x80040702 failed to load DLLSETUP blahblah blah will now terminate"

And when I tried opening the launcher after that happening, I get an error saying:

"unable to start, please reinstall the base game sims 3"

So now I can't get into the game at all, and my sims game is on my sister's computer (we share a computer) and we both have Sunset Valley towns and one Moonlight Falls town that we worked hard for and if she finds out that I somehow messed up the game, she'll kill me!

I was also wondering let's say, if I bought a new expansion through the Sims site as a digital instead of box, for example Island Paradise , will it somehow fix the "unable to start, please reinstall the base game sims 3" error?

I also have a few questions,

1. If I reinstall the base game wouldn't everything be erased?
2. What if I can't find my base game box with the code and everything?!
3. What about all my families and downloads and everything?
4. And all my peoples' relationships??

Offline DanBrunetu

• The Law Man
  • Townie
Re: This is URGENT
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2013, 06:17:25 PM »
My suggestion is to backup your whole sims3 data (if you haven't done it ).  If you can't find any other solutions to repair the game, the best advice is uninstall and reinstall the game.
p.s : the error: "Error number: 0x80040702 failed to load DLLSETUP..." I saw it in another place and was about a bad Sims3 Base game version .

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline trily

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2013, 06:41:56 PM »
What if I don't have the main box game, I can't find the main box thing for sims 3 in my house? So how can I reinstall if I dont have the code and info?

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2013, 06:43:29 PM »
Welcome to the forum, Trily.  Would you please change your subject to something a little more descriptive of your problem.  "This is urgent" doesn't tell anyone what sort of help you might be looking for, and you're more likely to get help if people can tell what it is you're looking for.

Also, I removed the excess smileys from the bottom of your post.  Thanks for your cooperation, and I hope you'll enjoy the forum.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

brappl

Re: Please reinstall base game
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2013, 08:20:48 PM »

"Error number: 0x80040702 failed to load DLLSETUP blahblah blah will now terminate"

And when I tried opening the launcher after that happening, I get an error saying:

So now I can't get into the game at all, and my sims game is on my sister's computer (we share a computer) and we both have Sunset Valley towns and one Moonlight Falls town that we worked hard for and if she finds out that I somehow messed up the game, she'll kill me!

I was also wondering let's say, if I bought a new expansion through the Sims site as a digital instead of box, for example Island Paradise , will it somehow fix the "unable to start, please reinstall the base game sims 3" error?

I also have a few questions,

1. If I reinstall the base game wouldn't everything be erased?
2. What if I can't find my base game box with the code and everything?!
3. What about all my families and downloads and everything?
4. And all my peoples' relationships??

I am running Windows 7 64 bit.  Had that problem some time ago and retrieved the missing dll here: http://www.mtu.com/kb/kb/index.php?action=article&id=117&relid=1
This is the MTU.Com website and they have an extensive knowledge base which might help you find the missing dll to download if this does not work.

Everything will be lost if you have to reinstall so be sure to copy and paste your game folder (The Sims 3) to your desktop or any other place but not in Electronic Arts folders.  The game folder is in MyDocuments/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3.  There is a folder in there called Saves and that has all of your game data stored.  I always make a complete back up because I have sometimes needed to retrieve data from the other folders. 

If you can not find the box with the registration code you won't be able to reinstall.  Did you register the game?  If you did you should be able to get the code from EA games. 

I  suggest you save your game folder before you do anything. 

Why don't you see if you can fix by installing the missing dll file.   If that does not work, please come back with questions but change the description of your problem as Schipperke suggested.  If the forum members see what the problem is you stand a better chance of getting help faster.

Offline Savuti6

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2013, 08:36:01 PM »

:'(
I have Just found a work around by trolling this site. See the Technical help for a "Factory re-set" I  uninstalled Origin Name my Sims 3 folder to Sims old Saved my current game to desktop and deleted the error logs generated by the  old unsuccessful install and started a new game 1.55 had not properly installed previously, and like you, my launcher was stuck. Follow the directions on this site for a factory re-set make sure you "cleaned" your computer by doing a defrag (Disk Fragmenter) You may need to run as an administrator  Also be sure to keep  your Mods folder and Downloads backed up in a safe place ie Drag to desktop before starting a band new game. In my opinion the help people love to suggest a re-install< I was given the same advise as you were and told to re-install my base game only.. This has caused me big problems in the past as I had one of the original disks with secure rom etc on it and they were "Region Specific" before the Super patch came out. Please don't just take my advice only and do spend time reading through this forum the steps are very clear. Step by step instructions which worked for me. My launcher came back on and I went to my billing history at the store which then game me a prompt to install the latest patch and I was able to eventually install bit by bit my store items, testing the game in between to make sure that there were no conflicts . After shutting down I then placed my current file in saves in my documents and all is working well for me . Extremely grateful for this site!  I am noe enjoying playing with my dragons which EA?Origin informed me was impossible, they would refund me, Although the package was advertised as a world wide release because I am now based outside the US or UK  I would be unable to play. Kudos to all on the Technical Help section of this site ~ Savuti

brappl

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2013, 09:04:36 PM »
I have Just found a work around by trolling this site. See the Technical help for a "Factory re-set" I  uninstalled Origin Name my Sims 3 folder to Sims old Saved my current game to desktop and deleted the error logs generated by the  old unsuccessful install and started a new game 1.55 had not properly installed previously, and like you, my launcher was stuck. Follow the directions on this site for a factory re-set make sure you "cleaned" your computer by doing a defrag (Disk Fragmenter) You may need to run as an administrator  Also be sure to keep  your Mods folder and Downloads backed up in a safe place ie Drag to desktop before starting a band new game. In my opinion the help people love to suggest a re-install< I was given the same advise as you were and told to re-install my base game only.. This has caused me big problems in the past as I had one of the original disks with secure rom etc on it and they were "Region Specific" before the Super patch came out. Please don't just take my advice only and do spend time reading through this forum the steps are very clear. Step by step instructions which worked for me. My launcher came back on and I went to my billing history at the store which then game me a prompt to install the latest patch and I was able to eventually install bit by bit my store items, testing the game in between to make sure that there were no conflicts . After shutting down I then placed my current file in saves in my documents and all is working well for me . Extremely grateful for this site!  I am noe enjoying playing with my dragons which EA?Origin informed me was impossible, they would refund me, Although the package was advertised as a world wide release because I am now based outside the US or UK  I would be unable to play. Kudos to all on the Technical Help section of this site ~ Savuti

Will the factory reset recreate her missing dll file.  That is the reason for the original problem and I believe that dll is with Windows 7.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline trily

• Nooboo
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2013, 12:18:43 AM »
So so sorry, but i'm not a computer expert and all these replies are confusing me D:

Can someone please just explain step-by-step in number order?

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2013, 12:43:21 AM »
Hi Trilly,

This how-to by MoonsAreBlue might help, as it gives step by step instructions on how to do a factory reset.

Factory Reset: Fix Your Game with 1/4 the Time of a Reinstall 
http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,7507.0.html

Hopefully this helps, :)

MrsFlynn
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline Savuti6

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2013, 07:24:08 AM »
So so sorry, but i'm not a computer expert and all these replies are confusing me D:

Can someone please just explain step-by-step in number order?
The factory re-set certainly worked for me . Thanks for sending her the link. Mine was defiantly an Origin problem/conflict