Author Topic: Game won't save!!  (Read 44292 times)

Offline debbiedingle

• Nooboo
Game won't save!!
« on: July 14, 2013, 03:11:56 PM »
I am currently playing on season which I have not long bought and love. Only problem is it just wont save anymore. I have saved my game many time before on seasons but it has just stopped saving for no known reason. I have tried time and time again to save my game on all the different save options bit for some reason it just won't save!
Someone please help. I am getting sick of losing all my hard work.
 :'(

brappl

Re: Game won't save!!
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2013, 03:42:46 PM »
I am currently playing on season which I have not long bought and love. Only problem is it just wont save anymore. I have saved my game many time before on seasons but it has just stopped saving for no known reason. I have tried time and time again to save my game on all the different save options bit for some reason it just won't save!
Someone please help. I am getting sick of losing all my hard work.
 :'(

I have a few things you can try:

1. Look in you Saves folder.  If there is a file in there with the extension .bad, that can be the cause.  Delete it.
2. Make sure you do not have any thing in the CurrentGame.sims3 folder
3. Remove your Saves folder (put it on the desktop).  Start a new game (a new Saves folder will be created) and see if that saves.  If it does, one of your Saved games is corrupt.  Put your other games back in one at a time and test each one to see if they will save now.

4.  This is directly from SimWiki and is a handy way to save your game before you actually Quit the game:
In your game folders there is a folder named CurrentGame.sims3
"This contains the data used in the currently loaded Save game, when The Sims 3 is running. During a save procedure this folder would be renamed as you specified and transferred to the Saves folder.

If at any time, the Save procedure results in an error or is stalled, you can simply copy this whole folder into the Saves folder yourself before exiting the game, and rename it to <Current>.sims3 or something that you'll be able to identify later. It just needs to be different from the actual name of the Save that you loaded". (note In your case, you might want to put that folder with your current game on your desktop first.

After quitting the game, ensure the contents of this folder is empty before starting the next game.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2013, 03:45:33 PM »
Welcome to the forum, Debbiedingle.  I removed the poll from your post as polls are used in the forum only for specific purposes.

Also, I'm moving this thread to the Technical Help board as it is not a specifically Seasons issue.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Frey

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2013, 07:30:23 PM »
Do you get any error messages while saving? Like error code 12, 16 or something like that? There are many save errors in the game, and the message you get is helpful to find out why you're having trouble.

Offline enasatine

• Nooboo
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2013, 10:06:48 PM »
This was helpful :) thank you

by brappl
3. Remove your Saves folder (put it on the desktop).  Start a new game (a new Saves folder will be created) and see if that saves.  If it does, one of your Saved games is corrupt.  Put your other games back in one at a time and test each one to see if they will save now.

Offline Raiyoko

• Nooboo
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2014, 10:49:29 PM »
I have same problem too; I tried to save the game and its takes so long to save

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2014, 12:10:25 AM »
Hi Raiyoko,

Have you tried any of these tips in this thread to help the saving problem? If not, go ahead and try them. If you have and they haven't worked. Let us know to see if there is anything else we might be able to do.

MrsFlynn
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Raiyoko

• Nooboo
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2014, 10:06:13 AM »
Ok

Offline Raiyoko

• Nooboo
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2014, 12:20:40 PM »
I fixed the saving problem today by delete the bad file yesterday and then I used Save As for the test run plus its works now; Thank You so much  :)