Author Topic: Updated to patch 1.63 and now my game refuses to run  (Read 6463 times)

Offline petitelasouris

• Nooboo
Updated to patch 1.63 and now my game refuses to run
« on: November 02, 2013, 04:20:31 AM »
Hi everyone, so yesterday I decided to finally patch my game from 1.57 to the most recent update. I'd held off the patch until MasterController mod had been updated (I do love that mod). I backed up my save files and removed my cc before I updated.

Since then, I couldn't get the launcher to open at all, so I was forced to bypass it to try and open my game, hoping the launched was just the issue. Bypassing the launching didn't help either. I haven't been able to load my game past the first loading screen (just prior to the menu). It will sit there for hours with an empty bar if I let it, which I have to see what came of it. It won't crash or stop responding, just sit there trying and failing to load in. I've tried deleting the old cache files, resetting my computer, updating my drivers and running a program that should be able to tell me if there's an error in the games start up (Sims 3 repair utility?). Nothings worked at this point and all the suggestions I've been able to find haven't related to or helped my issue :(

I have most of the eps excluding university life, island paradise, Midnight Hollow and Into the future. I usually run NRAAS Master Controller, Careers and Woohooer but they were all removed prior to installing the nest patch.

Hopefully I've given enough detail to be of some help. It's driving me a little mental being unable to play since my free time is scarce :( Hopefully some one can help, I would really appreciate it.

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
Re: Updated to patch 1.63 and now my game refuses to run
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2013, 05:03:10 AM »
Have you tried doing a factory reset yet? that can often fix problems.

Instructions here
http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,7507.0.html

Also did you do the incremental patch (1.63.4) or the superpatch (1.63.5)? the version numbers differ slightly and the superpatch appears to be the latest version number, for some people reapplying the superpatch after installing Into The Future fixes some issues as the patch on the dvd version is at 1.62, you didn't mention if your copy was dvd or origin download though.

If you can't start the launcher to check you can look at the Version.tag file in your my documents sims 3 folder with notepad and it will tell you the patch number you are currently at.

Link to the manual superpatch download

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline petitelasouris

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2013, 05:39:58 AM »
Thanks :) I'll try those and keep the thread updated. I haven't had to do a factory reset for a long time, I hadn't even though of it. Hopefully it works

Offline MischaMusic

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2013, 09:43:38 AM »
I have had the same problems. How do I try the super patch? Should I try that before a factory reset?
"'Ah, music,' he said, wiping his eyes. 'A magic beyond all we do here!'' -J.K. Rowling (via Dumbledore)

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2013, 04:02:51 PM »
If patching your game with the super patch or a factory reset doesn't work, a complete uninstall/reinstall may help. :)

How long has it been since you've done a complete uninstall/reinstall?

MrsFlynn
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline MischaMusic

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2013, 05:25:39 PM »
How long? Maybe never.  :o So that's what I'm trying. It takes 2 hours just to download one EP. So frustrating!!
"'Ah, music,' he said, wiping his eyes. 'A magic beyond all we do here!'' -J.K. Rowling (via Dumbledore)

Offline ewilson1114

• Nooboo
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2013, 08:06:29 PM »
I have had the same problems. How do I try the super patch? Should I try that before a factory reset?

I would try the super patch and if that doesn't work then do a factory reset. Most problems can be solved by a factory reset; very few require uninstalling and reinstalling.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.