Author Topic: Problem with the family fund cheat  (Read 22136 times)

Offline Janna

• Watcher
Problem with the family fund cheat
« on: February 02, 2014, 11:41:33 PM »
I did a search and all of the previous posts are from around 2010, I didn't find any that have been recent so I started a new thread, hope it was okay to do so.

My problem is that it isn't working.  I do the testingcheatsenabled true cheat, as I normally do for any of the cheats, then the family fund cheat.

First time I did it I added the commas and got zero dollars; then realized they weren't supposed to be there so left them off and tried again.  Tried several times and all I get is the one dollar.

Do the first cheat and hit enter; then control shift c hit enter and get the blue band to type in the rest of the cheat, which is    familyfunds Lombardi 1800000      and push the enter key; and all I get is $1. 

Is there a glitch in this cheat?  I had moved out the daughter and her hubby to start the first stage of a two part story ending.  Didn't think anything about it and clicked for them to be the main family.  They ended with all of the money, $1,820,000 (more than that, but I rounded down).  This left the founder family with zero money.

Planned on giving them back most of their money $1,800,000.

It works for kaching, for motherlode, but not the familyfunds. 

With the family having three witches and them doing the fire blast, a fire on the home lot gets you $300,000 from the insurance.   It wasn't long before I had it back up, stopped at 1,500,000, close enough to what they had had.

I had wanted to take most of the money back from the couple that moved out and leave them with around 25,000 as they had a lot of metals and gems worth quite a bit that I added to their inventory. 

Has it changed and no longer works, or needs to be written in a different way? 

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
  • "Sh! Be quiet! The nutters are out to get me."
Re: problem with the family fund cheat
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2014, 12:04:51 AM »
Well there are a number of reasons that there is an issue, but none that would result in giving you a simoleon rather than all of the money you requested.
There were no periods entered into the cheat?
The only other thing I could think of was the family name could be something different - like if you were in Sunset Valley how they have the "Roommates" Household, therefore the "family name" would be "Roommates" rather than "McGraw" (if you moved out all but Stiles).

I'm not entirely sure though. I would just double check the family name, other than that I'm stuck for what else it could be.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: Problem with the family fund cheat
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2014, 12:51:01 AM »
I'm able to make it work just fine.  I turned on testing cheats then pressed shift+ctrl+C and typed (without quote marks):  "familyfunds Hale-Dreamweaver 25" and it brought my family funds down to $25.  Are you trying to change the funds of a family you control or is it the family that moved out?
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2014, 03:24:45 AM »
I've had this problem before also. For me it was because my household was named after my sims last name. In this case Johnston. After I moved my son out his household was named after his last name. Which was Johnston. So there was now two Johnston households in town. When I used familyfunds cheat he got the money instead of me.

When your daughter got married whose name did they take? If your daughter asked him to marry her then they would have taken her last name so when you moved them out the household would be named after her which means it would be the same as your household. If that is the case then when you used familyfunds they probably got the money instead of you.

The solution for this is to go into edit town and edit the description of the other household and change the name to something different.
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2014, 06:53:15 AM »
I've had this problem before also. For me it was because my household was named after my sims last name. In this case Johnston. After I moved my son out his household was named after his last name. Which was Johnston. So there was now two Johnston households in town. When I used familyfunds cheat he got the money instead of me.

When your daughter got married whose name did they take? If your daughter asked him to marry her then they would have taken her last name so when you moved them out the household would be named after her which means it would be the same as your household. If that is the case then when you used familyfunds they probably got the money instead of you.

The solution for this is to go into edit town and edit the description of the other household and change the name to something different.

Although it might help to edit the description of the other household, I don't think that's the problem.  Janna said that instead of getting the amount stated in the family funds cheat, the family is getting only $1.  Also, any time I have two houses with the same name and do the family funds cheat, both households get the amount indicated.  I've never had it turn out any other way.  Strange that we get different results doing the same thing.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Janna

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2014, 09:02:53 AM »
The family name is Lombardi, but I have for the name of the game IP Lombardi.  As it is a town jump I have always put the name of the town in front of the family name.  A number goes after every save, so could that be a factor?  I start out with IP Lombardi 1 and next save is IP Lombardi 1.1.  I am now at 1.8

As for the familes, they are both in the town, with the same last name.  I will change their name to see if that helps, but they didn't get the increase of funds either, at least not the 1800000.  I was trying to put the funds back into the family I was playing.  I saved the moved family went to main menu and switched back to the original family.

When I saved the game after I moved them out I saved it as IP Ichtaca-Lombardi and the saves are the same as with all games, now at 1.4 for that family.

It is the giving them $1 for the original family that is really confusing me. 

I'm going to create a new family to check and see if maybe it is this family that for some reason has a glitch.  Also check out other towns, see if works in those towns.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2014, 09:28:48 AM »
I don't think the name of the game save is the same as the family name. I use Rain 1, Rain 2, etc., and the family name is still just Rain. In my 4x4, I used WashingtonSV 1, for instance, and the family name was still just Washington for reducing the funds after a move.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
  • "Sh! Be quiet! The nutters are out to get me."
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2014, 11:15:57 AM »
The family name is Lombardi, but I have for the name of the game IP Lombardi.  As it is a town jump I have always put the name of the town in front of the family name.  A number goes after every save, so could that be a factor?  I start out with IP Lombardi 1 and next save is IP Lombardi 1.1.  I am now at 1.8

As for the familes, they are both in the town, with the same last name.  I will change their name to see if that helps, but they didn't get the increase of funds either, at least not the 1800000.  I was trying to put the funds back into the family I was playing.  I saved the moved family went to main menu and switched back to the original family.

When I saved the game after I moved them out I saved it as IP Ichtaca-Lombardi and the saves are the same as with all games, now at 1.4 for that family.

It is the giving them $1 for the original family that is really confusing me. 

I'm going to create a new family to check and see if maybe it is this family that for some reason has a glitch.  Also check out other towns, see if works in those towns.

This might be unlikely, but did you try using smaller numbers in the family Funds cheat? Maybe you were putting too much in on it and therefore it was getting confused and adding only $1. Now obviously many people have made this cheat work with plenty of funds (I've never done more than 100k, personally, so I'm not sure where it caps out).

Offline DeKilte

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2014, 12:56:12 PM »
To settle the family name thing, click the ... in the bottom left hand corner and click "Edit Town"
Click on your family. It should display their "Family Name". If you want to, you can change it from to something more unique like "LombardiII" or something (Try to keep it all one word, the cheat works easier this way). The last name will stay the same.
In the case above you would open the cheat menu and type "Familyfunds Lombardiii 1800000"
If you were to type "Familyfunds Lombardi 1.8 1800000" it would give you only §1.

The max is §999,999,999 for the record.
The Beautiful Stars
(The Bellanova Immortal Dynasty)

Offline Caterina

• Occult
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2014, 04:17:06 PM »
I believe familyfunds "Lombardi 1.8" 18000000 would work too.  Putting quotes around the name does wonders.

Offline Janna

• Watcher
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2014, 08:36:27 PM »
I went to two earlier saves to check it out and it worked fine, did a couple of test games in other towns and it worked fine with them also.  I think it must have been that file? 

I didn't use any periods, commas, quotations marks or anything other than typing 1800000  The only thing I can think of was that file.  I went to the save earlier and played for a bit.  Everything was fine until I did the idiot act not saving before I went to edit town to do some remodeling of a building.   Finished and went to leave and five minutes later I gave up and just ended the game.  It just kept spinning and spinning and spinning and . . .

Oh well, happens.  Didn't lose  much, but still frustrated at myself over it. 

For the family fund cheat, I can only think it had to do with that one saved file.  In my tests, the families that had the same name both of them ended up with the same amount.  Test family of four in SV, moved two out and when I gave 5000 to one the other also received 5000.

The two earlier saves I tested on, when I set it at 50000 both families ended up with the 50000.  So it has to have been that saved file.  So far, knocking on wood, no other problems in that town game.  A small bit of lagging, but not bad enough that I will have to move my family from that town (crossing fingers and toes it stays that way). 

Couple of other games I played there I had to stop playing as it was so laggy (I don't thing that is a real word, but you get what I mean) my sims couldn't do anything.

Thanks for the feedback, at least I know the cheat works. 

anything