Author Topic: Save error code 12!  (Read 4441 times)

Offline jessJJJ78

• Nooboo
Save error code 12!
« on: February 22, 2014, 02:06:22 PM »
Error code 12!
I just ran into this problem when I tried to save my game today. I was playing on my brother's PC and he said that he had never had this error before and he does have the latest patch installed . Firstly, I tried to just 'Save' my game when Error Code 16 appeared. So I had a look on line and was told to 'Save as' with a different name. When I tried this, Error Code 12 appeared. May I add that I had saved my game about an hour before with no issues.

I have been looking for a while now (my game is still paused waiting to be saved) and apparently the error is mainly linked to World Adventures as the way in which games are saved is different. (I do have World Adventures by the way). Apparently in my 'Saves' folder there should be be a folder that ends in .legacy . But I do not have any that end in this. The only folders I have end in '.sims3.bad'. I am led to believe that this is a corrupted folder. So I cannot try EA's corrupted file fix for my problem. Also, whenever I try to save my game, a new folder appears but it always ends in .bad.

What should I do? Sorry if this doesn't really make sense, I rushed it a bit as I can't keep my game paused for ever.

Thanks. :P

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Save error code 12!
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2014, 06:46:04 PM »
Hi Jess,

I found a link that may help. It gives a lot of tips that maybe helpful. :)

Save Errors (Error 12, 13, or 16)
http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/03/error-save-errors-error-12-13-or-16.html

MrsFlynn
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline AmyPayne816OB

• Nooboo
Re: Save error code 12!
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2018, 10:06:52 PM »
Since Error Code 12 seems to be caused by memory issues, upgrading the system to a 64-bit operating system and 4GB RAM processor could solve the problem.
Check the folder in CurrentGame.sims3, in the 'My Documents' folder. It should be empty when the game starts. If there are any files with the .bad extension, delete them immediately.
Check this website.
https://www.errorsolutions.tech/error/sims-3-error-code-12/