Author Topic: Sims faded out in Create-a-Sim  (Read 4341 times)

Offline symphonicanima

• Nova Salerix
  • Llama Wrangler
  • Origin ID: symphonicanima
Sims faded out in Create-a-Sim
« on: July 25, 2014, 09:05:28 PM »
I've noticed that whenever I open up CAS, sometimes my sims will suddenly be grayed-out or paled- their faces, body, clothes, everything about them has a sort of pale grayness to them that appears out of the blue, which inevitably leads me to restarting my game. While I use CC and mods, I've removed them from game before to test it and this issue still happens nevertheless. Checking Google has also yielded no answers.

I clear out my DCBackup and .cache files regularly, and my game runs relatively smooth for having a lot of expansion packs and whatnot. I'm not quite sure what to do, so hopefully at least someone else on this forum has seen this issue before and may have advice. Thank you!

Offline KhaineGB

• Immortal
Re: Sims faded out in Create-a-Sim
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2014, 12:18:26 AM »
Try this for me and report back.

Rename your "The Sims 3" folder under Documents\Electronic Arts to something else. I suggest "The Sims 3 (Backup)".

Run the game and see if you still have the issue. This will force it to generate new options files, new caches, everything. If that resolves the issue, try copying your save from the old folder to the new and see if it still persists.

If it doesn't fix the issue, we may need to see if your drivers need updating.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline symphonicanima

• Nova Salerix
  • Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2014, 01:23:48 AM »
I don't have a saved game at all (I tend to build characters than play them) but I'll try. Later though, since I'm pretty dang tired right now.

Offline KhaineGB

• Immortal
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2014, 01:24:38 AM »
Understood there. :)

My basic theory atm is maybe your graphics options have become corrupt. This will basically force a factory reset and will fix things if that's the case.

Offline symphonicanima

• Nova Salerix
  • Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2014, 03:57:53 PM »
Alright, I did the factory reset and so far everything looks okay. (Except my original Downloads folder has nothing in it! So dang it, looks like I'll have to manually reinstall the things I want). It's hard trying to troubleshoot this issue when half the time this appears hours into my game and randomly too.

Well, time to very slowly add in the sims I'm working on and their required CC... let's see if it's something related to that.