Author Topic: Sims disappears when I travel  (Read 45095 times)

Ilovecake

Sims disappears when I travel
« on: December 13, 2010, 09:41:31 PM »
I have been playing sims 3 since it came out and playing world adventures since it came out and never had any technical problems until now.

I created a sim in Barnacle Bay and when I select travel to Egypt using my phone, it loads Egypt just fine but my sim is not there. The sim information box at the bottom is empty (no pictures, no life time wish or motives and no needs boxes) The time continues to move and the camera will move around the town but there is no sim to play with. If I save the game in this mode then I lose my sim completely, it loads to Egypt and asks me to create a sim just like when you start a new game.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: Sims dissapears when I travel
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2010, 10:33:35 PM »
Welcome to our Forum!

Yes, unfortunately, this is a known bug in World Adventures.  There's no real solution for it.  You just need to exit the game without saving and load it from a previous save.  It may or may not happen to your again.  There's no pattern to it.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Leto85

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2010, 07:19:30 AM »
You know what helps? Moving your sims to another town.
I know this is maybe not something you are planning to, but if you do I advice you to sent your sims to the three countries first after moving, before you start playing further. In my experience every town could have one bugged country but once you've been there already and your sims do actually travel with you, the bug is denied, or however I should call that.

That is the only advice I can give you. Good luck!

mssux

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2011, 01:30:47 PM »
I got the travel bug recently after the update was applied.  Although I had saved it before going on vacation and I was just unable to go on vacation.  I looked around the net and saw some suggestions but none of these worked.

I did get it fixed for my family in the end though.  I noticed that the issue appeared to be with my vacation home, when I tried to travel to Egypt it took me to the vacation home but I had no family member there.  I tried China (which I hadn't visited and my family loaded fine).  So after trying to sell my vacation home in Egypt and visiting again (which didn't work...it still took me straight to the old vacation home with no family on load) I then went into the saves and renamed my 2 Egypt files to a .old extension.  I tried visiting Egypt again and my family loaded absolutely fine, albeit without the vacation home or any tombs saved.

Perhaps the same will work for you, my family didn't lose the visa levels or anything.  Just the vacation home and Egypt progress...no biggy.

Leto85

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2011, 08:42:42 PM »
@mssux: So the bug sneaks somehow in the save files name? Hmmm, if that's true than that's a great catch! Good work! :D

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2011, 09:31:12 AM »
I noticed that the issue appeared to be with my vacation home, when I tried to travel to Egypt it took me to the vacation home but I had no family member there.

You're not the first person I've seen who has determined that this bug had to do with vacation homes...but are you're the first person I've seen who figured out a fix for it.  That's quite an incredible breakthrough.

Between this and the broken adventure boards, I've pretty much given up on adventuring until (if ever) this bug is fixed.
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2011, 09:55:12 AM »
I fell victim to this exact bug in the current Grandmaster Quan's Challenge and it had nothing to do with my Sim having a vacation home.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2011, 10:04:55 AM »
I fell victim to this exact bug in the current Grandmaster Quan's Challenge and it had nothing to do with my Sim having a vacation home.

You're not the first person I've heard say this, either lol.  This is exactly why I find this bug so scary.  I save before going on vacation and don't travel unless I absolutely have to.
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2011, 07:54:45 PM »
I think I may have lost my dynasty because of this bug.  We were at one of our vacation homes in France.  All was going well, (I regularly check the family tree to make sure everyone is alive and well).  My founder suddenly was bouncing off Sims and voila, she was greyed out and therefor, technically dead.  I have no idea how to save this.  I have an older file, (much older), so I can put it all back together again but it probably has cost me my dynasty after months of work.  In my case I believe it was caused by interaction with the locals.  I knew better than to accept a challenge where you had to talk locals into doing something but had just forgotten it, so take a word from the wise,don't talk to locals no matter what country you are in other than normal Sim cities.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2011, 08:24:36 PM »
I have no idea how to save this.

This bug is a mammoth one — no known cure. A true game breaker. Therefore, you're free to go back to whatever earlier save you have and continue from that point.

Offline makeupinternet

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2011, 02:18:37 PM »
I experienced the travel bug for the first time today, and I had just added the latest patch yesterday. I've traveled a lot before the new patch and have never experienced my sims going invisible until today. So I don't know if it's because of the new patch, or because I bought my first vacation home (in China) during this trip or the fact that I traveled with 3 sims - I've only traveled one at a time before.

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2011, 03:32:46 AM »
Did you place your own vacation home, or buy one already present in China? I haven't experienced the disappearing sim problem. When I buy a vacation home, I put my own made home as the one to buy (I don't like the layouts of the in game homes). My sims spend a lot of time travelling and they gave their children the house deeds.

Offline makeupinternet

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2011, 02:46:09 PM »
Did you place your own vacation home, or buy one already present in China? I haven't experienced the disappearing sim problem. When I buy a vacation home, I put my own made home as the one to buy (I don't like the layouts of the in game homes). My sims spend a lot of time travelling and they gave their children the house deeds.

I bought one of the pre-maid houses in China. I did change it some what, adding new furniture and a new door but that's about it..
I went back to my saved game before the trip, and took the sane trip again without buying a house this time, and the sims have not gone invisible this time, at least not yet  :-\

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2011, 03:47:33 PM »
I bought one of the pre-maid houses in China. I did change it some what, adding new furniture and a new door but that's about it..
I went back to my saved game before the trip, and took the sane trip again without buying a house this time, and the sims have not gone invisible this time, at least not yet  :-\

I've pasted my reply to your other thread here instead, so I remain on-topic. :)

Hmm.. I had the bug on the first time my sim travelled, so I reckon it's not to do with vacation homes.  :-\  After the bug was fixed, my sim did end up buying one on their third visit to Egypt and it was still all good. If you mean that the bug occured when they went back to the country where they got the vacation home, (so it would be their second visit to that country while owning that home) then no, I've never tried that because I lost my file after having to do factory reset a few weeks later.  :(  Does this happen with every file?

Offline cathyknits

• Immortal
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2011, 03:54:54 PM »
If they just went invisible - can you still control them? You'll see plates of food floating through the air, the shower working by itself, lumps in the bed covers with no sim under them, etc. When I've had a sim that was invisible but still controllable, sometimes the problem could be fixed by waiting a while, and then using the "resetsim" cheat.

The two major bugs I was talking about - there's one where you send the sims to travel normally, but when the destination arrives there's no sims to control and parts of the interface are blue instead of green, which can be "fixed" by switching households for a moment in Edit Town before you travel (not a perfect solution because you lose promised wishes, but at least you can travel). There's another one where you travel normally, but when you come back, one or more of the sims is missing and instead of the missing sim's portrait on the left side of the screen there's just a plain green box, which had no known fix or workaround.
Immortal Dynasty: A Bouquet of Blossoms

anything