Author Topic: Problem satisfying this one Architect client  (Read 27342 times)

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
Problem satisfying this one Architect client
« on: April 22, 2011, 03:34:12 PM »
I'm trying a Architect and have done a few jobs with good results until this one client I just can't figure out what I'm doing wrong for her.

The job is to make her a Book Nook with a stereo, sofa, coffee table, living chair and 2 bookcases.
I built a room onto the house for this added the required items and added some windows and some extra decorations for finish the room off.

When I turn the job in she looks the room over and gives me the message:
I cannot live in the squalor! You need to at least give me enough to live with before I let you finish!

I've tried redoing the room several different ways. More windows, fewer windows, fewer but more expensive items, more but less expensive items , bigger room and smaller room and can't figure out what she wants.

If it helps her traits are Grumpy, Frugal, Coward, Perfectionist and Family Oriented and shes a best friend.

Any advise on how to handle this one?
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Problem satisfying this one Architect client
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2011, 04:12:10 PM »
Sometimes it's pathing issues.  Are you certain everything is accessible and that the addition isn't blocking something else?

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2011, 04:25:32 PM »
As far as I can tell you can get to everything. I had my sim go in and test out the chairs and everything and I don't see anything that it could be blocking.
Where I built the room at there as a ball on the ground that I moved to a different location. Could she be upset that I move the football?

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2011, 04:52:18 PM »
Where I built the room at there as a ball on the ground that I moved to a different location. Could she be upset that I move the football?

I wouldn't have thought so.  If you're certain everything is accessible, could it be something you deleted that the client wants back?  It's quite a while since I've done this profession.  I do remember that sometimes my Architect would get negative reviews for no reason that I could determine, and I wondered if it was just kind of a random thing in the game.  Sometimes the client's traits are a factor, though, and maybe this is just your client's Grumpy trait manifesting itself?  If it helps any, my Architect seemed to get more negative reviews the higher he got in his profession, which made no sense to me at all.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2011, 05:48:23 PM »
Did you spend all the money? Basically, the client needs money to live and if you spend all her money, then she won't have any left. Simple maths. Was it that?
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2011, 05:59:20 PM »
Did you spend all the money? Basically, the client needs money to live and if you spend all her money, then she won't have any left. Simple maths. Was it that?

I've tried it spending all the money, going under budget and going over budget. I wouldn't have thought nothing of it if I just got a bad review but it doesn't let me finish the job to get a review one way or the other.

But maybe I'm just not going enough under budget. I'll give that a try.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2011, 06:04:10 PM »
Usually, to save money, I do not build new rooms, but put the required items and a few decorations in an already existing room. That helps and the client is satisfied anyway.
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2011, 06:37:09 PM »
Usually, to save money, I do not build new rooms, but put the required items and a few decorations in an already existing room. That helps and the client is satisfied anyway.

I do that most of the time but this house was kind of small and already full of stuff I couldn't find a good place to put everything she wanted.

But you were right about the money. I went back and did it with cheaper items and just spent a little over half of the budget and she was finally happy. :)

Thank you

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2011, 04:27:08 AM »
You're welcome, Grimsoul. Glad I could help. :)

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2011, 01:04:21 PM »
Took another job with this client ,Stella Striker, and having a time making her happy again. I'm starting to not like her. I think if I see another job come up for Stella I'm just going to ignore it.

Another question, Do you ever get jobs remodeling apartments in Bridgeport?
There's not that many houses there I find I'm doing the same half dozen or so houses over and over.

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2011, 04:14:57 PM »
Took another job with this client ,Stella Striker, and having a time making her happy again. I'm starting to not like her. I think if I see another job come up for Stella I'm just going to ignore it.

Another question, Do you ever get jobs remodeling apartments in Bridgeport?
There's not that many houses there I find I'm doing the same half dozen or so houses over and over.

You better ignore her and those apartment jobs. :D It's difficult to renovate apartments, because, first, there is the place problem, and then, if you delete some existing items, the client will complain. Ignore those and you're fine. ;)

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2011, 05:15:40 PM »
You better ignore her and those apartment jobs. :D It's difficult to renovate apartments, because, first, there is the place problem, and then, if you delete some existing items, the client will complain. Ignore those and you're fine. ;)

I don't doubt it's pain to renovate an apartment. I was just wondering if any jobs ever came up for them. I've made to level 6 and have only had houses come up.

Where it's seems to always be the same few houses I've renovated them so much adding on rooms and floors that they look nothing like the started off as.

Offline eastbankbabs123

• Llama Wrangler
  • Don't do anything I'd do.
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2011, 09:48:14 AM »
Frugal: money saver. Don't spend all of the money for them. Noramlly I don't look at the traits. Shows how devoted I am!

"I have to many friends I can't even remember some of their names" -Paris Hilton

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2011, 12:43:01 PM »
Frugal: money saver. Don't spend all of the money for them. Noramlly I don't look at the traits. Shows how devoted I am!

I've tried that. I've had other Frugal clients and haven't had a problem with them. I just stay about 15% under budget and everything is fine.
There's just something about Stella that no matter what I try she's never happy.

She's also the only one I've had that won't let job be finished. Anyone else I either get a good review or bad review and the job is over.
With her I get no review and the job stays active for several days. A few days later she'll offer another job and it's the same way again. I've tried 5 or 6 jobs for her and tried everything I can think of to please her and only did it once. And I don't know what I did right that time.

It's a shame I can't figure her out too. Usually the jobs she offers are job types I've never done before and need for the portfolio.

Offline CSquared2

• Watcher
  • Got nooboo?
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2011, 09:38:29 PM »
I've always used tons of knicknacks, pictures, vases, plants, toilet paper, whatever I can still afford.  It seems to make a huge difference.  Also, be sure you haven't deleted something the sim family needs.  I know I did a job for Simis Bachelor and he went on for days before I figured out I'd miscounted the beds and accidentally left the family with one too few.  I replaced it and he finally let me finish the job.