Author Topic: Error Code 13  (Read 6869 times)

Chuckles_82

Error Code 13
« on: May 11, 2011, 06:36:47 AM »
Does anyone know of a fix for error code 13? Or even what specifically causes it? I have a sneaking suspicion it has something to do with my new heroes. I'm on a mission to create my own super-challenge, like a legacy, and I wanted to achieve both 10 misanthropes, and 5 gluttons and drunkards. My way of doing this is, once I get to the point where I can, create all heroes as misanthropes. Then, with my monarch, send them all to the pit until they die. Then replace them with drunkards and gluttons. This is the point where I get the error. I lost a save last night and had to start a quest over (thankfully not much lost). This time I saved before creating my new heroes, then tried again after and got the error. Some of them have the same names, if this may be an issue. My next step, if I ever get there, is to assassinate the monarch quest. Then I can make my final hero to get the drunkards and gluttons achievement. Either that, or maybe I can challenge her to a duel to the death. I haven't tried that yet. Any help with error code 13 would be much appreciated.

Lol@Sam

Re: Error Code 13
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2011, 07:18:18 AM »
I assume you are playing the game on a computer.. if you download windows software update it is said to fix error code 13, or if that fails you can download the 'Error Code 13 Repair' which obviously is made for Error Code 13. You can google it to find it. Also, sometimes Error Code 13 can be caused by spyware and viruses so you can use your security to scan for any just in case that's causing it, but the first to should work. Hope this helps. :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Lol@Sam

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2011, 07:21:56 AM »
Sorry to double post but also I hear of people getting Error Code 13 (while playing the sims 3) who go to edit town using the just continue option then change something and save the game there afterwards. :)

Chuckles_82

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2011, 07:32:59 AM »
Ah yes :) PC with windows 7. Thanks for that. I tried googling it, but the results were too broad, and I couldn't pin down the problem. Probably because I thought it was game-specific. I probably do need to update windows and run a spyware scan (been a couple of weeks, much longer since I updated windows... [edit: hmmm 82 important undates!] ). I never had the error code 13 in Sims 3, but I waited a good long while for patches before buying it.

Lol@Sam

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2011, 03:45:11 PM »
K, I hope it solves your problem. :)

Chuckles_82

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2011, 11:50:07 PM »
Yes, thankfully windows updates seem to have fixed it. No spyware, but then, my antivirus is pretty good. My friend who is a professional computer technician was impressed with how little it left for the anti-spyware he installed for me.

On with the challenge!! Time to finish this quest and then kill off my monarch :D

Lol@Sam

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2011, 06:20:24 AM »
That rocks! Glad you fixed your problem, Chuckles. :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.