Author Topic: Messed Around with Aging Sliders -- Messed Up my Game?  (Read 3096 times)

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
Messed Around with Aging Sliders -- Messed Up my Game?
« on: August 05, 2011, 07:45:41 AM »
The other day I was looking for a way to make birthdays faster in a game, so I decided to move a few sliders, like the Teen, YA and Adult ones. I believe I set the Teen slider to 7 days or something like that. My teenagers were four days into the life stage already, so shortly after it gave me the notification to get prepared for an upcoming birthday and so on. However, I decided to revert my changes. About two Sim days has passed since this, but the kids haven't aged up. My question is: will they age up all of sudden, without warning? Or will they age up only about a week later? Please help. :-[
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline CSquared2

• Watcher
  • Got nooboo?
Re: Messed Around with Aging Sliders -- Messed Up my Game?
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2011, 08:55:12 AM »
The only time I've ever played with aging was between epic and long lifespans, so my experience may not help much, but whenever I do switch back and forth for whatever reason, the days remaining until birthday change, too.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2011, 09:18:43 AM »
I've had strange experiences with the age sliders, too. My YA stage is set to 40 days but when my sim aged up to YA it said she had 59 days left of her YA life stage instead of 40. ???

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2011, 10:36:35 PM »
I would think that they will age up at the time you've reset the slider to.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2011, 05:18:57 AM »
Ahh, I get it now. Thanks CSquared and Pam, and I'm sorry about that Fez. Actually I did want them to age up soon, but was afraid to use Trigger Age Transition (as I thought it would transition them to Adult life stage instead of YA). Lol. :)
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Offline Figwit

• Immortal
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2011, 03:21:50 AM »
I don't know if this will help but if these characters were created before the Generations patch it helps if you move the age slider all the way up or all the way down and then choose their age.  Maybe it just resets it or something.  This is just something I read on another site and I haven't needed to try it myself.

anything