Author Topic: New store content patch - can't use Launcher  (Read 5064 times)

Offline simmum

• Llama Wrangler
New store content patch - can't use Launcher
« on: September 13, 2011, 01:12:15 AM »
I haven't played my game for a couple of days and I've just tried to download Hidden Springs, but as soon as the Launcher opened I got a pop up asking if I want to download the 'new store content patch' and it gives me the options of yes, no or later but it won't actually let me click on any of them and I can't do anything with the launcher. I've closed it numerous times and restarted the computer but no joy, I always get the same message. I've looked on here and saw that someone mentioned the same problem in another thread but they cured it by launching OLS instead but I've tried that and it didn't work. I've also looked on the Sims 3 forum and I've a thread about the same problem but again people fixed it by updating EADM to Origin and also left clicking the 'script error' popup that comes up behind the patch popup as that apparently clears it but neither have worked. Left clicking the script error popup displayed all the pictures and adverts for store content that you get on the Launcher but it didn't clear the patch pop up and still won't let me click anything on it.  :(

Has anyone else experienced this and has got any other fixes for me please? It know means I can't download Hidden Springs and if I don't get it fixed I won't be able to download Pets when it comes out as I can't buy physical copies where I live (China).

Offline simmum

• Llama Wrangler
Re: New store content patch - can't use Launcher
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2011, 02:13:24 AM »
Hi all, I'm so sorry, it looks like I've resolved it! I decided to try restarting again and then it worked. Now I don't know if it was because it was a restart after I'd updated EA Download Manager to Origin or if it was simply coincidence but I quickly clicked later on the patch popup and it actually worked this time! It still comes up with the 'script error' message but just clicking 'continue' works and doesn't cause any problems that I can see. Let's just hope it's resolved properly!!

Sorry for taking up a posting Carl and Pam  :-[

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.