Author Topic: Sims not aging.  (Read 43202 times)

Offline Alexandria_

• Watcher
Sims not aging.
« on: October 29, 2011, 09:59:25 AM »
I'm having trouble with my game - the sims have just stopped aging. I have an elder, adult and two babies and none of their ages are moving. Their ages haven't reset, they're just stuck still.
Aging and story progression are both on. I've also tried resetting them, but no luck.
I don't have mods or anything.

I have the base game, WA, Ambitions and Generations.

I know I could use a cake to age them up, but I don't want to be counting the days that they've been an adult, etc. I'd like to play without worrying about that.

Does anyone know how to fix it?

Edit: I am also patched up to the latest patch.

Addict

Re: Sims not aging.
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2011, 09:54:31 AM »
I'm sure I've read somewhere of this problem being a bug.

I've just had a quick google of the problem, and come up with this. I'm not sure if that will age them up straight away, like blowing out the candles on a birthday cake, or if it will start aging again. I would save and backup your save before you try it.

Is it in all of your saves that this is happening?

Addict

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2011, 11:21:34 AM »
I had a problem with aging in one of my decadynasties.  The supposed fix everyone tried to tell me was to move the household.  Not sure you can do that but it might be a good thing to try.   Especially if you notice that the town is still aging around you.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Sportsfan

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2011, 12:05:30 PM »
@addict: that will age them up right away, and although it will age them up it doesn't quite solve the problem that the game isn't aging them automatically.

Addict

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2011, 01:59:27 PM »
Yeah I didn't know whether it would age them up right away or not, scrap my idea then

Offline RunAmokSims

• Immortal
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2011, 03:27:26 PM »
I just had this problem and I solved by going into options, clicking aging off, turning aging back on then restarting the game.

It was horrible for the mother. She knew it was the day her daughter was supposed to age up and nothing happened. Her rest level was in the red and she couldn't go to bed.  I would tell her to sleep, she'd get into bed for a few seconds, get back up and look at the crib. She knew she was supposed to take the baby out of the crib so the "age up" could happen but she couldn't do it. Once I restarted the game she took the baby from the crib, the aging happened and then she could go to bed to sleep.

edit- I forgot to add that using the testing cheats on, trigger age transition did not work either before I went into options. After I restarted the game it did.

Offline Alexandria_

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2011, 08:58:13 PM »
I ended up moving the entire household to a different file, which solved it.
All the other fixes didn't work, unfortunately, though I didn't think of moving house like Rica suggested. If it happens again, I'll have to give that a try.

Thanks everyone for your help.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Alexandria_

• Watcher
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2011, 05:35:58 AM »
It just happened again, in the other file. I tried moving house, but no luck. Are there any other known fixes?

EDIT: I think it happened both times after I sent a Sim to get a tattoo. Has anyone else had problems related to tattoos and not aging?

biggob

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2011, 07:34:29 AM »
First of all HI!! I'm new on this forum! =)

I would like some help as well with aging my twin girl toddlers. I have already aged them both when they were babies to toddlers with a birthday cake.

But now they won't age at all, I've tried the birthday cake again and it said that they weren't ready yet. I've moved house, I've also put the life span to brief and still after a week of game play it says that they age up in 2 days  ???

It's getting annoying now as I want to carry on with the game and it feels like I'm stuck...

thanks Jess x

loveSims

« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2011, 09:00:20 AM »
Have you tried the cheat trigger age transition? If that don't work you can save the family in the bin and start a new game with them. That way you don't loose them.

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2011, 03:33:09 AM »
Did you try "resetsim"? I had an NPC who joined the household and never got tired (energy level remained full), so I used "resetsim" and he became more normal.

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2011, 02:37:37 PM »
It just happened again, in the other file. I tried moving house, but no luck. Are there any other known fixes?

EDIT: I think it happened both times after I sent a Sim to get a tattoo. Has anyone else had problems related to tattoos and not aging?

Other than the old "A tattoo will give a Sim extra days on their lifespan" trick?

Offline Alexandria_

• Watcher
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2011, 09:34:08 PM »
Reset Sim didn't work. And I can use trigger age transition, but that makes the game more of a chore rather than fun. I'd rather it happen on it's own.
Also, this game is kind of like my own version of a legacy. So I don't want to keep taking them back and putting them in a new neighbourhood for each generation - I like the story progression and meeting new sims.

@Seabody
I know about tattoos resetting the life-span - that did occur too. But then it just never moved for any of the Sims.