Author Topic: Sleeping Glitch  (Read 24919 times)

alphagirlzk

Sleeping Glitch
« on: January 23, 2012, 10:54:14 AM »
My sim can't go to sleep when I click on the bed. I have closed and restarted. Any ideas?

Offline Sims3Clacla123

• Occult
  • I love tea :)
Re: qlitch
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2012, 10:58:45 AM »
First welcome to the forum Alphagril
Make sure your sim is tired. And I think this belongs in the Technical help thread.  ;)
Live. Laugh. Love.Dream Big and Have no regrets

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline CSquared2

• Watcher
  • Got nooboo?
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2012, 06:11:59 PM »
I've never had a sim refuse to go to sleep, even with just a sliver of energy missing.  Simplest idea first.  Have you tried deleting the bed and replacing it?

Offline twallan

• Townie
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2012, 06:24:47 PM »
Have you tried deleting the bed and replacing it?

Next suggestion after that :  Have you tried deleting the sim and recovering them ?

NOTE: The following will work only if you have two or more sims in your active family.

0) Transfer any inventory you want to retain off the sim and onto the lot, or another sim.
1) Use Ctrl-Shift-C to get the command console
2) type in : testingcheatsenabled on
3) type in : moveobjects on
4) Start up the "Build/Buy Mode" on your lot
5) Select the sim, and delete them
6) Close "Build/Buy Mode"
7) Go into "Edit Town"
8 ) Split the problem sim off from the household
9) Then merge the sim back into the family
10) Return to Live Mode, the sim should reappear on the lot somewhere.
11) Use Ctrl-Shift-C to get the command console
12) type in : moveobjects off
13) type in : testingcheatsenabled off

If that does not work, I would suggest exiting without saving, and reloading a game where the sim has not been deleted.

Good Luck. :)

(edit: Added Step (0) )
NRaas Industries.  Saving Sims games from becoming doorstops since 2009.

Forum Rules

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: Sleeping Glitch
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2012, 08:44:43 PM »
Welcome to our Forum, alphagirlzk.

I've seen this before.  I think deleting and buying a new bed might help.  Also, I changed the subject of this thread so that's it's more specific.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2012, 09:09:33 PM »
I've seen this before.  I think deleting and buying a new bed might help.  Also, I changed the subject of this thread so that's it's more specific.

Your bed might be bugged, it happened to me once, like Pam, I deleted it and bought a new one and that solved the problem so I can confirm what she said, try it.

loveSims

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2012, 05:39:55 AM »
Next suggestion after that :  Have you tried deleting the sim and recovering them ?

NOTE: The following will work only if you have two or more sims in your active family.

1) Use Ctrl-Shift-C to get the command console
2) type in : testingcheatsenabled on
3) type in : moveobjects on
4) Start up the "Build/Buy Mode" on your lot
5) Select the sim, and delete them
6) Close "Build/Buy Mode"
7) Go into "Edit Town"
8 ) Split the problem sim off from the household
9) Then merge the sim back into the family
10) Return to Live Mode, the sim should reappear on the lot somewhere.
11) Use Ctrl-Shift-C to get the command console
12) type in : moveobjects off
13) type in : testingcheatsenabled off

If that does not work, I would suggest exiting without saving, and reloading a game where the sim has not been deleted.

Good Luck. :)
This is a very clever trick! I will remember it if a sim gets bugged beyond repair. Welcome to our forum Twallan!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline twallan

• Townie
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2012, 02:23:22 PM »
This is a very clever trick! I will remember it if a sim gets bugged beyond repair.

Thanks, took me a while to figure out an EA Standard approach to doing a hard-reset (I call the "resetsim" approach a soft-reset, as it only corrects a small number of possible issues).

I appear to have missed a step though, where you need to move the sim's inventory prior to deleting them, or you will lose it all.

However, the simplest approach would be to read my signature, but that is not for everyone.

Cheers. :)
NRaas Industries.  Saving Sims games from becoming doorstops since 2009.

Forum Rules

Offline moonlightwitch

• Nooboo
Re: Bed/Sleeping Glitch
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2013, 02:02:52 PM »
The glitch that causes the beds to become unusable is caused by the NPC working in your household.  If you have a butler or Bonehilda who makes your beds, then the beds will become unusable.  You can make the beds usable again buy resetting the beds using the cheat codes, but it will have to be done every time after the NPC makes your beds.  There are 2 workarounds you can incorporate if you don't want to do the resetting constantly:

1.  Give your household SIMS the Perfectionist trait so they will make their own beds every time after they get up.  The downside to this is that you use up one trait, and also this pretty much renders the butler or Bonehilda redundant.     

2.  My personal choice:  lock the doors to the bedrooms where your household SIMS sleep.  This way the NPCs can't get into your bedrooms to make the beds.  If you still want the bedrooms cleaned (beds made, clothes picked up), designate one SIM in your household with the Perfectionist and Neat traits.  The SIM with these 2 traits will clean up the bedrooms automatically.  I use a SIMBOT who dedicates to the bedroom chores, while leaving the rest of the house to butler and Bonehilda.

Offline toomuchsun

• Nooboo
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2013, 02:48:58 PM »
I have never had any problems with the maids and my Sims sleeping in the beds due to the maids. The maids are wonderful, once you can afford them.

Offline moonlightwitch

• Nooboo
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2013, 03:58:16 PM »
I only started to have this problem after installing the Supernatural EP.  Didn't have this problem prior to this.

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Bed/Sleeping Glitch
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2013, 06:39:24 PM »
The glitch that causes the beds to become unusable is caused by the NPC working in your household.  If you have a butler or Bonehilda who makes your beds, then the beds will become unusable.  You can make the beds usable again buy resetting the beds using the cheat codes, but it will have to be done every time after the NPC makes your beds.

Welcome to the forum, moonlightwitch.  I don't have butlers in my game as I don't have Late Night installed, but every household I've played since Supernatural came out has had a Bonehilda, and I've never had any problems with the beds becoming unusable.  Is this something that has been happening in all your game files?  I haven't heard of this problem before (which of course doesn't mean that other people haven't experienced it) but the Bonehildas in my game certainly haven't caused the kind of problems you're reporting, which makes me wonder if it may be a glitch in your game file.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline Janna

• Watcher
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2013, 08:40:23 AM »
I've never had this problem after installing SN, I did before, but not after.  I get a Bonehilda for every game, even if I have to cheat to get the money.  Hate to clean house in real life and don't want to do so in a game. 

It could be a glitch in your game, does it happen in all games or just one?
Also, what about patches, are you up to date?  I don't remember if there were any after SN.
I'd hate to have to give up slots for traits to keep my house clean, I hope you can find you why it is happening in your game. 

Offline Lunara

• Nooboo
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2013, 08:55:09 AM »
This is the most frustrating problem I've ever had playing Sims 3. To get the latest update, I had to reinstall the game plus expansions, so I have no mods and no custom content. The only thing I've downloaded besides store content is several of my own creations. I created one family which I've save in a couple of different files.

I encountered the sleeping bug for the first time since Sims 3 launched. I tried all the above hints. Nothing worked. Even when I moved, the problem eventually happened again.

I copied the family, deleted them and their house in the game and replaced them. For the time being sleeping is working, but, of course they were stripped of 3 resorts started from scratch and islands they'd acquired through diving and quests.

It's difficult to determine when this began. I updated and installed Island Paradise on the same day about a week or ten days ago. On the I purchased Business as Usual Bistro. I can't remember if the first time I noticed the glitch was before or after I installed the Bistro. I'm wondering if there is a connection.

I've really enjoyed the Island expansion. It has a lot of fun features. At this point, though, I'm about to uninstall the entire game!

Offline Asgate

• Nooboo
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2015, 06:37:48 PM »
I don't know if anyone is still looking at these forums, but figured I would use it to document my solution to the sleeping glitch.  When I ran into this sleeping bug I used the NRass ErrorTrap to get more detail and it turned out the routine that checks for music disturbing your sleep was hitting a NULL reference because I had sold my radio, but left one of the wall speakers active.  I sold the wall speaker and replaced the defective bed and everything started working again.