Author Topic: Get Married Interaction Won't Appear  (Read 27363 times)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Get Married Interaction Won't Appear
« on: February 07, 2012, 11:25:34 PM »
I'm having a terrible time getting my Sim married!  She's been engaged for quite some time.  I set up the wedding arch, chairs, cake, etc. and threw a Wedding Party.  The fiance was already at the house visiting.  My Sim called him over to the arch for the ceremony.  There was no interaction to get married.  It was just completely missing under the Romantic tab.  I had her use some romantic interactions, hoping it would trigger, but no good.  I haven't played with the wedding arch very much, but I sort of thought that clicking on the arch would give the option to get married.  No luck there either.  Am I just missing something?  I've reset both Sims to try again the next day, but don't know the results yet.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Lasnien

• Townie
Re: Get Married Interaction Won't Appear
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2012, 11:37:22 PM »
I had something similar happen in one of my games a few days ago. I wasn't using a wedding arch, but the option for "Have a private wedding" never came up, regardless of their conversation status. I moved them into a different house, and suddenly they could marry. Didn't think to try using resetsim.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Sarah_n07

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2012, 05:57:14 AM »
I don't think you're missing anything here. It's just as simple, you click on the arch and "Get Married" interaction should be there.
Have you tried placing a different arch?
Or you could save another copy of your game and see if it works there. You game might be glitched or something.
I hope it gets resolved soon.  :)

Offline Odie

• Occult
  • Dutch mommy living in Norway
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2012, 03:58:12 PM »
I am having this exact same problem with my sims right now. Did you ever find the problem and solution for it, Pam?
Problem? Don't panic! There is always a solution. You just have to find it  :D

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2012, 04:01:47 PM »
If I remember correctly Pam's problem was that she had a full household and if the house is full you cannot marry and potentially move a spouse in. Even if you intend to move into their home you will still have the problem.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Odie

• Occult
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2012, 04:05:42 PM »
Oh, hmmm... I have just 2 sims, a dog and a horse...
It's so weird. I am living the same day over and over again.
The first time they got married I noticed a stupid fish on wood hanging in the air right in front of the wedding arch, so no nice pictures... I wanted to do it over and that's where the misery started. I'm just never getting the option again and I just took a previous save so it should be possible...

Edit: I'm almost starting to think the fish on wood floating in mid air had its use...

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2012, 04:28:52 PM »
There is a relationships bug that seems to stop advancing in a relationship. I had it once and moving the household to a new town fixed the bug.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Odie

• Occult
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2012, 04:36:24 PM »
There is a relationships bug that seems to stop advancing in a relationship. I had it once and moving the household to a new town fixed the bug.

Maybe I should try moving then... but I just made many friends so I think I'll try moving to another house first.
(I went a few saves back, before the first wedding attempt, and no change. I also reset them and the whole town, but no luck...)
Thanks for your help, I hope it works!

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2012, 05:05:52 PM »
Have you tried moving your household to the clipboard then back into the same house.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Odie

• Occult
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2012, 05:32:51 PM »
Problem solved! In a weird way though...

Moving them to another house didn't work. And I really didn't want to move them to another town so I thought of something else.

Since I had them getting married at one point (you know, with the fish on wood in front of them), I went back to that save. Little did I know about cheats like "Testingcheatsenabled true", but I tried it and with pressing shift I got the option "remove object" and so I did ;D
That was a save in the middle of them getting married. They were actually waiting under the wedding arch at the time. I could choose the option "marry" Yey!
The weirdest thing was that after they were married I got a bunch of messages in a row on the top right of my screen saying things like:
"she became friends with him"
"she became lovers with him"
"she became fiancee with him"
I don't know the exact right terms, but you'll understand what I mean. I got the same messages for him.
They were actually fiancees, but it was as if the game saw them as 2 sims without a relationship and after this wedding they got all states of relationships at once.

Ain't that weird?
Hopefully my glitch is gone now!