Author Topic: Does the set career cheat work anymore?  (Read 45303 times)

Offline thesimslover828

• Playing The Sims 3 again, WooHoo!!!
  • Immortal
  • Death To The Visitors, V Is For Victory
Does the set career cheat work anymore?
« on: February 16, 2012, 02:00:41 AM »
I tried to set a Sim higher in the medical career then she was, but it wouldn't work.
We are of peace, always but this is war.
We are of peace, always.
We'll help build a resistance. We have to fight.

When all you've ever loved has been stolen from you, sometimes all you have left is revenge.
For the truly wronged, satisfaction can be found in one of two places,  absolute forgiveness or mortal vindication. This is not a story about forgiveness. When deception cuts this deep, someone has to pay.

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
Re: Does the set career cheat work anymore?
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2012, 04:17:47 AM »
I don't think you can use it once they are already in that career. I wait until my sim has enough skill then use it to start the career at level 5.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2012, 06:29:41 AM »
If your sim is already working in the career the cheat won't work. Have them quit the job then you can use the cheat to set the career level.
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

Offline wednesday21

• Lurker
  • Occult
  • Joker is slightly amused.
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2012, 09:07:01 AM »
Oh, weird. I've used this cheat before and I was able to set my sim on a higher level in their career (of course it first prompted me to quit her "current career", which basically was the same career as the new one). I'm puzzled.

We're talking about the "testingcheatsenabled --> ctrl + mailbox --> set career" cheat, aren't we? If there's another set career cheat then I don't know...

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2012, 09:34:12 AM »
You can't increase from one level to another while you are presently in the career. You would have to quit and then use the mailbox to set the career level.

Offline thesimslover828

• Playing The Sims 3 again, WooHoo!!!
  • Immortal
  • Death To The Visitors, V Is For Victory
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2012, 01:34:37 PM »
Oh, weird. I've used this cheat before and I was able to set my sim on a higher level in their career (of course it first prompted me to quit her "current career", which basically was the same career as the new one). I'm puzzled.

We're talking about the "testingcheatsenabled --> ctrl + mailbox --> set career" cheat, aren't we? If there's another set career cheat then I don't know...
Yep that's the one, I have no idea why it was changed.
We are of peace, always but this is war.
We are of peace, always.
We'll help build a resistance. We have to fight.

When all you've ever loved has been stolen from you, sometimes all you have left is revenge.
For the truly wronged, satisfaction can be found in one of two places,  absolute forgiveness or mortal vindication. This is not a story about forgiveness. When deception cuts this deep, someone has to pay.

anything