Author Topic: Do steady gigs work?  (Read 13350 times)

Tony

Do steady gigs work?
« on: March 14, 2012, 09:58:12 PM »
I have a couple of steady gigs scheduled but it never shows up on the career menu nor does it work when I visit the venue directly an hour before the show starts.  (i.e. no option to be on stage).

Has anyone gotten it to work/  I.e. after you get a steady gig, does it get you to the venue?

Offline Corylea

• Townie
Re: Do steady gigs work???
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2012, 10:06:14 PM »
I just got my second steady gig.  The first steady gig (at the coffeeshop) worked fine, but once I got the second steady gig (at a private venue), everything got messed up.  Now even my first steady gig doesn't work right anymore.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

lbaird2

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2012, 01:18:01 AM »
I have 3 steady gigs so far. They got notifications to show up every week like a regular gig. Everything was working great for a few weeks until my game just glitched while my singer was performing at a big venue... trying to fix it now.

Offline JohnKellyFan

• Nooboo
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2012, 03:04:46 AM »
I have 3 steady gigs, everything working fine. That's not true, the gig's schedule said I had a gig at the cowboy-place (the English name?), and when I wanted to try for an audition at another place, I couldn't, because I already had a gig there. But I could audition at the cowboy-place... Did that make any sence  ???

Tony

Re: Do steady gigs work?
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2012, 12:19:58 PM »

Same problem here, it'll not work for me on a regular basis.

Basically, i just talk to the proprietor now after i found out they pick me for a steady gig and cancel it.

I still get about $20k per performance in the big venues.   That's all that matters, besides, doing more auditions = more chances of booking at venues iwth big money more regularly :)

Kinda bad they never really tested this part of the game.

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
Re: Do steady gigs work?
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2012, 03:32:28 PM »
Kinda bad they never really tested this part of the game.

Let's consider this for a moment:

How big do you think their quality control department is?  50, maybe 100 people? A couple hundred at the most.

Now...how many players are there?  A bit over 7 million worldwide.

Let's assume that the players play a single hour a day and EA has 1,000 play testers who worked double shifts (16 hours a day):  even if EA tested their expansions for an entire year (with no days off or vacations), players would still log more play time in a single day than there was testing time overall.

The fact of the matter is that it's impossible to test a game as thoroughly as people want them to.  Games are quite a bit more complicated now than they were in the heady days of 8-bit.  When you make software more complicated, there is going to be more bugs...and as far as the volume of background operations goes, Sims 3 is one of the most complicated games ever made.  It's little wonder that it's as unstable as it is.

Even console games need patching these days.  Diablo 3 has been "in production" for somewhere around 5 years, and even if they finish out the decade play testing it before they release it, I guarantee you it's going to have bugs that they didn't find.  It's the nature of the beast, and the only way you're not going to have to deal with bugs on some level or another is to not even touch a computer.

In answer to your question:  the singer I played for writing the Singer article had 4 steady gigs by the time she reached level 10.  All 4 showed up in her schedule, and she has played at all 4 of them at least a couple of times without issue.  In fact, the only problem I did experience was cancelling them.
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

anything