Author Topic: The Random Wishmaster's Quartet  (Read 51718 times)

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Random Wishmaster's Quartet
« Reply #275 on: July 10, 2010, 09:14:28 PM »
I'm trying to delete him, but the only options I have are to modify his traits or age him up.  I tried the "delete" button, but nothing.  There must be something else - I know I was able to get rid of the previous clone, I just can't remember how. 

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #276 on: July 10, 2010, 09:25:55 PM »
Okay, my bad. The Sim to delete cannot be active. Pam just did a quick test since my computer is tied up and you need to have another Sim (a good one, not the one to be deleted) active. Then, shift click and you'll get the option to delete. Thanks Pam.

Members with at least 5 posts do not see ads on this Forum.

Offline Layla Sims

• Nooboo
  • Hmmm. Have to think that one over
« Reply #277 on: July 10, 2010, 09:29:35 PM »
I'm trying to delete him, but the only options I have are to modify his traits or age him up.  I tried the "delete" button, but nothing.  There must be something else - I know I was able to get rid of the previous clone, I just can't remember how.  

Schipperke, I remember when I wanted to delete a Sim in Sims *2*, I would use the cheat moveobjects on, then click on the Sim and then delete. That may work in Sims 3 as well. Fortunately I haven't needed to do that yet, thankfully. (Watch, I probably just jinxed myself! LOL)

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #278 on: July 10, 2010, 09:37:21 PM »
Yes!  It worked!  Thanks, Tom & Pam.  I am going to write down these instructions in case they're needed again.  Which, at the rate I'm going, will likely be next time I try to take sims travelling.  I spent hours on this trip that apparently never happened.   Can we have a challenge with no travelling next time?  Pleeease?   ::)

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #279 on: July 10, 2010, 09:48:23 PM »
Can we have a challenge with no travelling next time?  Pleeease?   ::)

Well, you already know the answer to that for Romantic Interests. BUT....I don't see any need to travel in da Vinci. So, you got a deal. (breaks out tournament notebook and makes a note).

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #280 on: July 10, 2010, 09:55:25 PM »
BUT....I don't see any need to travel in da Vinci. So, you got a deal. (breaks out tournament notebook and makes a note).

I am going to really enjoy the da Vinci challenge.  ;D

Offline Lilygirl

• Building Contest Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Baby #2 coming July 2014!!
« Reply #281 on: July 10, 2010, 11:54:53 PM »
Um, I've kind of run into a problem.

It seems my Sim is destined to live in Egypt forever! Seriously. He didn't automatically go home on the last day and now his action to call 'return home' self-cancels as soon as he hangs up the phone. I've run around Egypt trying to find a computer to see if that might work but can't find one to use.

I've searched through this forum trying to find an answer and I did reset my Sim. So, yeah, I'm kind of stuck on this one. Anybody have any suggestions?
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline AriaGirl77

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #282 on: July 11, 2010, 12:11:57 AM »
I'll be totally honest here, guys — if I had the multitudes of problems that others have experienced, I would have left for a different game long ago. I simply don't have the patience. Maybe the game isn't quite as glitchy on Macs. I don't know. I hope it never comes to that. Anyway, I feel terrible for you, Aria. It's just not fair.

Honestly, I only really have problems immediently after patching up and/or while traveling.  In my non-challenge tournament playing I almost never have issues because I simply avoid the things that I know causes problems.   :P

And duh, I guess I should have figured it out that I could just move him back in via edit town mode.... But here's the thing, he's INVISIBLE!  I really am not sure that I want him back in my household when I can't even see him to keep tabs on what he's up to.  Plus honestly, I already know he's bugged in a major way, do I really want to risk keeping him around when his mere presence could cause a crash or who knows what else?  No.  I really don't!  I think I'd rather take the 100,000 HP's that he's earned and call it good enough.  ;D

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #283 on: July 11, 2010, 01:11:12 AM »
I've searched through this forum trying to find an answer and I did reset my Sim. So, yeah, I'm kind of stuck on this one. Anybody have any suggestions?

My first suggestion is to close the game, restart your computer, then open the game again.

Offline Lilygirl

• Building Contest Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Baby #2 coming July 2014!!
« Reply #284 on: July 11, 2010, 12:27:51 PM »
My first suggestion is to close the game, restart your computer, then open the game again.

Thanks for the suggestion, Pam. Should have thought of that myself.  :P  I had tried restarting the game yesterday, to the point of taking the CD out of the computer and reinserting. I did restart my computer this morning (usually it just sleeps at night) but the Sim in question is still stuck in Egypt.

Any other suggestions? I'm (well, he is) still on the hunt for a usable computer in Egypt to try that method.
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline cndneh

• Watcher
« Reply #285 on: July 11, 2010, 12:30:17 PM »
Thanks for the suggestion, Pam. Should have thought of that myself.  :P  I had tried restarting the game yesterday, to the point of taking the CD out of the computer and reinserting. I did restart my computer this morning (usually it just sleeps at night) but the Sim in question is still stuck in Egypt.

Any other suggestions? I'm (well, he is) still on the hunt for a usable computer in Egypt to try that method.

Have you done the quest to get into the baddies (can't remember their name!) HQ?  They have you hack a computer down there, so it might be a computer you can use.  

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #286 on: July 11, 2010, 12:56:51 PM »

I found this on the EA forums —

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/217502.page

So, it sounds like this bug is quite heavy duty and a true game breaker. If you cannot launch a previous save (pre-vacation), then it's looking like I'll need to offer you a redo for your entire challenge attempt. If you decide to do a redo, then please select the same traits, genders, LTW, and relationship status as the game picked for you the first time.

Offline NancyJ

• Immortal
« Reply #287 on: July 11, 2010, 01:00:12 PM »
If you decide to do a redo, then please select the same traits, genders, LTW, and relationship status as the game picked for you the first time.

I noticed you said this to someone else before, is there are reason to not just use the same family from the family bin?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #288 on: July 11, 2010, 01:34:00 PM »
I noticed you said this to someone else before, is there are reason to not just use the same family from the family bin?

No. Using the same created family in the Library would be fine.

Offline cndneh

• Watcher
« Reply #289 on: July 11, 2010, 02:34:21 PM »
I'd like to toot my own horn and say I'm on week 11, Day 5... and 33 vacation days.  almost done... go me!!

(I had a practice run with the alphabetic romance challenge, and I think this one, though longer, is WAY easier!)  :D

Offline NancyJ

• Immortal
« Reply #290 on: July 11, 2010, 02:40:03 PM »
Really? I'm struggling more with this than the Baby Boomers I made the mistake of sending all 4 of them to China together and since then I'm having a hard time making myself play, I keep doing other stuff. I was even trying to compile a list of all insect spawn points and what spawns there but the game wont let me take screenshots with the markers on :( I guess I'll just have to force myself to get back into it.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #291 on: July 11, 2010, 03:27:59 PM »
(I had a practice run with the alphabetic romance challenge, and I think this one, though longer, is WAY easier!)  :D

Wow. Thanks for the laugh.  :D

RainbowBeard

« Reply #292 on: July 11, 2010, 04:17:50 PM »
I'm a little late for this, but this challenge would be too much of a joy to pass up. It also makes a great first challenge if I do say so myself. In summary, I'm in.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #293 on: July 11, 2010, 05:48:59 PM »
RainbowBeard, welcome to the forums and good luck in this event.

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #294 on: July 11, 2010, 06:31:54 PM »
I was even trying to compile a list of all insect spawn points and what spawns there but the game wont let me take screenshots with the markers on :(
Try hitting the print screen button, then minimizing sims and pasting straight into a paint program. That way you get everything on the screen.

Norma
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Nora

« Reply #295 on: July 11, 2010, 06:43:53 PM »
I'm rather late, and this challenge is very long, but I think I'll still give it a shot. Add me in!

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #296 on: July 11, 2010, 07:13:35 PM »
You're in, Nora. And welcome to the forums.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #297 on: July 11, 2010, 08:10:26 PM »
Insanity seems to be my thing.  May I please sign up?  Still not done with Crazy 8 but definitely need something else to look forward to.  I'll just divvy up my time.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

Nora

« Reply #298 on: July 11, 2010, 11:44:11 PM »
Here's my four:

(in order from left to right)

Alfred Miller (LTW: CEO of a Mega-Corporation)
     Can't Stand Art, Computer Whiz, Loser, Mean-Spirited, Over-Emotional

Joshua Young (LTW: Perfect Mind, Perfect Body)
     Adventurous, Eco-Friendly, Grumpy, Inappropriate, No Sense of Humor

Linda Hayes (LTW: World Renowned Surgeon)
     Can't Stand Art, Excitable, Good, Never-Nude, Unlucky

Gwendolyn Foster (LTW: Paranormal Profiteer)
     Bookworm, Couch Potato, Eccentric, Heavy Sleeper, Perceptive

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #299 on: July 12, 2010, 12:42:09 AM »
No screenie yet but here they are:

Jonathan DeConte   LTW Golden Tongue/Golden Fingers
                              Flirty, Good Sense of Humor, Great Kisser, Genius, Grumpy

Rizpa Cooper          LTW Become a Master Thief
                             Neurotic, Handy, Photographer's Eye, Kleptomaniac, Green Thumb

Miles Oalu              LTW Creature Robot Cross Breeder Insane, Excitable,
                             Commitment Issues (but he's married), Neat, Artistic

Eleni Cooper          LTW Perfect Garden
                            Absent Minded, Can't Stand Art, (she's Miles' wife! lol), Disciplined
                            Clumsy, Green Thumb

The most difficult one for me may be Jonathan.  Grumpy annoys me.  The hardest one to chose a LTW for was Miles.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!