Author Topic: The Random Wishmaster's Quartet  (Read 51714 times)

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: The Random Wishmaster's Quartet
« Reply #325 on: July 13, 2010, 11:38:43 AM »
The consignment store is still definitely glitched despite the latest patch. One of my Wishmaster Sims has the Born Salesman trait, so he's been making daily runs selling various items. Then, one day the 5 PM sales just stopped for no reason. The clerk didn't change. I had not taken a vacation. The well just completely went dry immediately. So, I cancelled all consignments, turned around and consigned everything again, waited till 5 PM...nothing. That's about the point when I had to watch my tongue because my two younger daughters were within earshot. Clearly a bugged game, so I felt no problems with saving without exiting. Next time around I cancelled all consignments, then I saved and exited. Started up the game again, consigned everything. 5PM came. Jackpot. I mean big jackpot. So, I guess everything is back to normal. For now at least.  ::)

Offline AriaGirl77

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #326 on: July 13, 2010, 05:18:01 PM »
Only 6 more Sim Vacation days for me, and then it'll be time to stay "home" and settle in for the rest of the challenge.  I'm still wingin' it with 3 sims, but no more huge bugs thank goodness!  Well, except that I discovered my traveling sim has a mystery daughter in France, but is that really a surprise at this point?  Not really!

Members with at least 5 posts do not see ads on this Forum.

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #327 on: July 13, 2010, 07:06:10 PM »
Heehee, you get all the luck!
I put tape on the mirrors in my house so I don't accidentally walk through into another dimension. -- Steven Wright

Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die,
your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. -- George Carlin

Offline AriaGirl77

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #328 on: July 15, 2010, 03:17:48 PM »
Woot!  I'm done with my traveling now!

Too bad I'm only on Week 6.  *sigh*  I feel like I'm already running out of things for them to do.  Kinda wishing they could fill the house with babies just to mix it up a bit.  :D

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #329 on: July 15, 2010, 04:15:16 PM »
Woot!  I'm done with my traveling now!

Too bad I'm only on Week 6.  *sigh*  I feel like I'm already running out of things for them to do.  Kinda wishing they could fill the house with babies just to mix it up a bit.  :D

You just want those 5k wishes, not the babies!  :D

Offline AriaGirl77

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #330 on: July 15, 2010, 06:05:09 PM »
Got me there!  ;D

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #331 on: July 15, 2010, 09:42:24 PM »
Now I've got that traveling bug.  I took two of my Wishmasters to China and experienced the same invisible Sim problem.  I thought I could live with that until they got back home.  Then when I opened the game today, the invisible Sim is completely gone.  I'm sure that she'll show up as being a resident of China when her husband goes back home.  I tried restoring the previous save, but it was also from China and had the very same issue.  Looking back on it, I should have tried sending her home while she was only invisible.  That may have been a solution to the problem.  But now I'm left with only three Wishmasters for this challenge.  I'm on week 7, so I'm about halfway through. 

We really need to suspend travel in these challenges until EA fixes this hideous bug.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #332 on: July 15, 2010, 10:55:31 PM »
We really need to suspend travel in these challenges until EA fixes this hideous bug.

It's really getting bad. My daughter had an invisible Sim in her game today after she went to Egypt. I just told her to exit without saving and it was fine. She went back to before she went on vacation. I can't do much about this challenge where players have already invested gobs of time. And maybe a lot of players have experienced no bugs. But, it's a real issue. I'm well aware of that. But, the last three challenges will have no traveling at all. Everyone's got my word on it. If players need to restart a bunch of times, or go back to previous saves numerous times, so be it. I trust everyone.

Looking back on it, I should have tried sending her home while she was only invisible.  That may have been a solution to the problem. 

That IS the solution. You saved what was clearly a buggy file.  :( This is exactly what happened to my daughter. She called me in the room and I immediately told her to send the Sim home and then exit the game without saving.

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #333 on: July 15, 2010, 11:03:37 PM »
Then when I opened the game today, the invisible Sim is completely gone.  I'm sure that she'll show up as being a resident of China when her husband goes back home. 

Couldn't you just invite her for a visit and have her rejoin the household?  That's what I did when my sim decided to live in France.  Of course, she wasn't invisible ...

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #334 on: July 15, 2010, 11:27:06 PM »
Couldn't you just invite her for a visit and have her rejoin the household?  That's what I did when my sim decided to live in France.  Of course, she wasn't invisible ...

That's what I'm going to try next.  :)

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #335 on: July 15, 2010, 11:53:27 PM »
Only, if you can't see her, how will you know when/if she arrives?  I suppose you'll be able to tell from the other sims that someone is at the door, but it might be tricky finding her to interact with her.  I don't envy you this one, Pam!

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #336 on: July 16, 2010, 01:16:00 AM »
I don't know.  I'm hoping she'll be visible then.  Now her husband is bugged again and won't accept commands.  He's going home early.

Offline applejackkxo

• Llama Wrangler
  • "Blame it all upon a rush of blood to the head."
« Reply #337 on: July 16, 2010, 01:26:14 AM »
This looks like fun!! I'm going to give it a try :)
“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.” -Albert Einstein

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #338 on: July 16, 2010, 03:08:58 AM »
I think this is payback for all the good luck I've had since getting Sims 3.  My invisible Sim is still part of the family, thank goodness.  I'm going to try the evict and then replace method that LenaLJ described.  But now, I'm having Consignment store problems for the first time.  When I click on the register or the clerk to buy items, they have the verbal interaction, but the buy screen doesn't come up.  These bugs are all hitting me at the same time!

NalaOwl22

« Reply #339 on: July 16, 2010, 07:08:37 AM »
At the risk of making Metro scream again, I have a bug-fixing question.
One of my sims has developed the good old "can't go to work" glitch. Normally I'd just switch her job but her LTW is to max this career track and she's pretty high up, so I'd rather not do that. Apparently I can work around this by adding her workplace to the library, placing a copy elsewhere, and having her transfer to the new workplace. Obviously this would involve me going into "edit town", but are you happy for me to do this just to fix this glitch? I'll put the new workplace as close as possible to the old one to avoid any location-related advantages.
Thanks,
Nala

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #340 on: July 16, 2010, 07:19:17 AM »
I tried a few things to make my Sim visible again, to no avail.  Then I decided to get her a makeover at the salon.  It worked to a certain extent.  I can see her now, but her skin is pitch black.  I guess by getting a makeover, it put new clothes on that are visible, but it didn't restore the rest of her features.  It's not great, but I can live with it for the duration of the challenge.  And wouldn't you know, she was the best looking one of the four!

Offline NancyJ

• Immortal
« Reply #341 on: July 16, 2010, 07:37:07 AM »
Maybe you could try putting some facepaint on her too.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #342 on: July 16, 2010, 09:10:43 AM »
@Nala — go ahead and go into Edit Town to do the fix for the "can't get to work" issues you're having.

Offline AriaGirl77

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #343 on: July 16, 2010, 03:30:59 PM »
Ok Pam, I think you just gave me the courage to move my invisible guy back into the house and try getting him a makeover.  If it doesn't work I'm just gonna boot him again.  I'm just nervous his presence will cause worse problems.

Offline AriaGirl77

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #344 on: July 16, 2010, 03:52:36 PM »
Seriously, I can't win for loosing!  My invisible guy has moved out of town, so I can't even attempt to get him a makeover. :(  Oh well.

On another note, Invisible Man's wife is now getting pretty friendly with the maid.  Could I opt not to get any points for invisible man and ask the maid to move in instead?  I'm at Week 6, so I'd already be at a disadvantage bringing in a 4th sim at this stage of the game.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #345 on: July 16, 2010, 04:10:21 PM »
Seriously, I can't win for loosing!  My invisible guy has moved out of town, so I can't even attempt to get him a makeover. :(  Oh well.

On another note, Invisible Man's wife is now getting pretty friendly with the maid.  Could I opt not to get any points for invisible man and ask the maid to move in instead?  I'm at Week 6, so I'd already be at a disadvantage bringing in a 4th sim at this stage of the game.

You need to score yourself for the Invisible man that moved out of town. Did you write down a somewhat recent total for his points? I hope so. And unfortunately Aria you just need to continue with your 3 remaining Sims.

I had a talk with Pam last night about the horrible issues that are confronting multiple players in this event and she recommended I make a special note next to players that experienced major bugs in this event which helps explain the scores. Schipperke, Pam, and now you, Aria, are the ones that jump out in my mind. If I'm missing anyone, please give a shout. I'm not talking about little consignment store glitches, I'm talking about major issues like the invisibility/disappearing.

Offline AriaGirl77

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #346 on: July 16, 2010, 04:14:34 PM »
I know he had well over 100k, although I don't know the exact number.  I didn't make a note of it.  So I'd be happy to take 100k and leave it at that although I know he had more than that.

And thanks for the idea of making a notation next to the bugged scores, I think that's an excellent idea!  Perhaps it would be a good thought for future challenges regarding bugs that aren't in existence yet.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #347 on: July 16, 2010, 04:26:47 PM »
I know he had well over 100k, although I don't know the exact number.  I didn't make a note of it.  So I'd be happy to take 100k and leave it at that...

Sounds good. Just make sure to note that somewhere because I might forget.

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #348 on: July 16, 2010, 04:33:14 PM »
I had a talk with Pam last night about the horrible issues that are confronting multiple players in this event and she recommended I make a special note next to players that experienced major bugs in this event which helps explain the scores. Schipperke, Pam, and now you, Aria, are the ones that jump out in my mind. If I'm missing anyone, please give a shout. I'm not talking about little consignment store glitches, I'm talking about major issues like the invisibility/disappearing.

And a whole bunch of things I haven't bothered to bring up - like the "wants to make a sculpture of Sim X" wish not working (sim not getting credit upon completion), one of my sims "forgetting" half the recipes he had learned (everything from cooking level 4 to level 8, gone), etc, etc.  I do think making a note of players with bugged games is an excellent idea.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #349 on: July 16, 2010, 04:46:44 PM »
And a whole bunch of things I haven't bothered to bring up - like the "wants to make a sculpture of Sim X" wish not working (sim not getting credit upon completion)...

Yeah, that glitch happened to me as well.