Author Topic: The Random Wishmaster's Quartet  (Read 51183 times)

eachna

Re: The Random Wishmaster's Quartet
« Reply #375 on: July 20, 2010, 01:40:21 AM »
I'm going to back out of this challenge. My save file ended up horribly corrupted. On top of it, I was doing terribly. Heh.

On the plus side, I was so frustrated by the bugginess/crashiness of the game that I tried something that felt a little extreme..

(basically, I altered the binary to allow the game to use more than 2 Gigs of memory). I've been playing it about a month since, no crashes/corrupted saves. I think trading one challenge for this is a reasonable enough "price".

I'm already looking at other challenges. I'm not giving up on them entirely, I just learned I do need to "practice" before each!

Gwen

Members with at least 25 posts do not see ads within a topic.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #376 on: July 20, 2010, 01:57:41 AM »
Gwen, sorry to hear you're pulling out. I needed to remove your link in your post. We don't allow links to mod sites.

Offline ClayMask

• Occult
« Reply #377 on: July 20, 2010, 04:46:59 AM »
Wow, can't believe I'm finished!  Here are my sims' scores:
Jack:  586,672
Suzy:  541,952
Sam:  672,851
Marissa:  440,604
Total:  2,242,079

Offline NancyJ

• Immortal
« Reply #378 on: July 20, 2010, 05:21:55 AM »
Congrats to those that have finished! I'm about halfway through now, my nightmare vacation was cut short on account of meteor! Not taking any more than 2 at a time for my remaining vacation days.

Offline Sushi101

• Townie
« Reply #379 on: July 20, 2010, 05:36:26 AM »
Congrats to those that have finished! I'm about halfway through now, my nightmare vacation was cut short on account of meteor! Not taking any more than 2 at a time for my remaining vacation days.

That's going to make those vacations so much longer! Ahaha, good luck though  ;D

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #380 on: July 20, 2010, 08:16:01 AM »
Ah!!  This challenge is breaking my heart!  My poor Sim Matilda.  First she accidently got pregnant and I had to delete the baby as soon as she was born.  Then Matilda brought back a daughter from the past that looked just like her and I had to delete that child, too.  Now I just had to release Matilda's SimBot out into the wild.  The SimBot shows up as Matilda's daughter!  When she was released, Matilda got a message that they are no longer friends.  Matilda is having a rough time, y'all. 

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #381 on: July 20, 2010, 10:10:54 AM »
Poor thing.  I am trying to keep mine as far apart as possible.  I would hate to have to delete a baby.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Read forum rules
Riches to Rags

Offline klop90

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #382 on: July 20, 2010, 12:00:30 PM »
Have vacation.
Bought sims ambitions and now I go to try this challenge.

I think I have been lucky with my traits.

Peter Crooks:  Neurotic,Loves the outdoors,Bookworm,Born Salesman and Natural Cook.
Lifetime wish  The culinary librarian.

Abigail Hudson:  Flirty,Charismatic,Great kisser,Never nude and Absent-minded
Life time wish Heartbreaker (could not resist with these traits)

Madison Mozart:  Virtuoso,Environmentally friendly, Heavy sleeper, Evil and Green tHumb.
Life time wish Hit movie composer.

Felicity Fischer:  Flirty,Loser,Party Animal,Green tumb and Angler.
Life time wish Presenting the perfect private acquarium

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #383 on: July 20, 2010, 12:16:36 PM »
klop90, welcome to the forums. Good luck in this event. Abigail's in the wrong event — she needs to be in the Romantic Interests Challenge with all of those great traits! :)

Offline MasterSiwel

• Occult
  • Family Man
« Reply #384 on: July 20, 2010, 02:30:06 PM »
Add my name please. I'm ready for a challange and it's time to go zeo now!
"Go home and be a family man!"
-Guile

eachna

« Reply #385 on: July 20, 2010, 03:53:30 PM »
Gwen, sorry to hear you're pulling out. I needed to remove your link in your post. We don't allow links to mod sites.

Do you mean you don't allow links to sites that host/discuss mods?

Or do you mean you consider this a "mod"? It doesn't change gameplay at all, except to reduce or even eliminate crashing.

My game is otherwise the same, warts, bugs and all. :)

I'm not going back to the unaltered binaries and I need to know if that disqualifies me from any other challenges.

Gwen

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #386 on: July 20, 2010, 04:04:03 PM »
Do you mean you don't allow links to sites that host/discuss mods?

That's correct.

Or do you mean you consider this a "mod"? It doesn't change gameplay at all, except to reduce or even eliminate crashing.

My game is otherwise the same, warts, bugs and all. :)

I'm not going back to the unaltered binaries and I need to know if that disqualifies me from any other challenges.

If you just did some tweaking to make your game run smoother, I don't have a problem with that.

Offline klop90

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #387 on: July 20, 2010, 04:43:34 PM »
klop90, welcome to the forums. Good luck in this event. Abigail's in the wrong event — she needs to be in the Romantic Interests Challenge with all of those great traits! :)

Thank you I have a question I have placed my house with the front door not at the side of the road anyway how I can change that?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #388 on: July 20, 2010, 05:05:21 PM »
Thank you I have a question I have placed my house with the front door not at the side of the road anyway how I can change that?

Are you not using a stock house?

Offline klop90

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #389 on: July 20, 2010, 05:51:04 PM »
I think I have made a mistake. I thought I may download a empty house with the exchange.
I better read Dutch than English.
Can I continue I hope so?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #390 on: July 20, 2010, 06:40:29 PM »
I think I have made a mistake. I thought I may download a empty house with the exchange.
I better read Dutch than English.
Can I continue I hope so?

I have no idea if any modifications or tweaks were made to the house you want to use despite the fact that it's empty. You need to purchase a home from a standard neighborhood (SV, RV, or TB) or build one yourself. Please start over and move in the same family from your Library.

Offline klop90

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #391 on: July 20, 2010, 06:48:01 PM »
I have no idea if any modifications or tweaks were made to the house you want to use despite the fact that it's empty. You need to purchase a home from a standard neighborhood (SV, RV, or TB) or build one yourself. Please start over and move in the same family from your Library.

I start over with the same family in an standard neighborhood house.

Offline SimMe

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #392 on: July 20, 2010, 07:56:25 PM »
I just have to say that I'm having a wonderful time with this challenge.  I am learning so much and playing in a way that I've never played before which is surprisingly fun. I may not finish since I started so late and sometimes don't get to play but I'm still having a blast and just wanted to say thanks for the challenge.  I've been one of the lucky ones with no bugs *knock on wood*

Offline AriaGirl77

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #393 on: July 20, 2010, 08:31:23 PM »
These last couple weeks have been really interesting!  I thought for sure I'd be done by now, but it looks like the last bit is ending up more intense than the first.  Yikes!

My in-laws are visiting next week, so I'm trying hard to get it done before they arrive. :)

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #394 on: July 20, 2010, 11:12:36 PM »
Finished! Yay!  Cue the music, maestro - you know my theme song:  da, da, da, da, Send in the Clones!

Well, the clones and the other bugs made some wishes impossible to attain, but at least I managed to finish.  I think my little band of misfits and I did not too badly, all things considered:

Jane (neurotic, bookworm, eco-friendly, snob, heavy sleeper.  Ltw:  professional author).  17 vacation days - 644,957 points
Harold (hates the outdoors, artistic, photographer's eye, neat, handy.  Ltw:  visionary).  20 vacation days - 608,807 points
Cookie (unlucky, natural cook, schmoozer, friendly, frugal.  Ltw:  5-star chef).  30 vacation days - 607,635 points
Ludwig (unlucky, never nude, virtuoso, insane, absent-minded.  Ltw:  golden tongue, golden fingers) 33 vacation days - 605,051 points.

Which by my reckoning gives us a total of 2,466,450 happiness points.  Now off I go in search of romance (for my sim, not me).

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline ClayMask

• Occult
« Reply #395 on: July 21, 2010, 12:26:50 AM »
As for the traits - I think when we post our results, we should all include what traits each sim had.  It would be interesting to see how the traits and happiness points stack up.  Good luck to us all!

I hadn't remembered reading this post before, but I want to participate.  Even though I've already posted, I'll repost with this info.

Jack (heavy sleeper, childish, loner, couch potato, born salesman.  LTW Jack of all trades)  :  586,672
Suzy (born saleswoman, eccentric, virtuoso, neat, grumpy.  LTW Rockstar):  541,952
Sam (technophobe, virtuoso, athletic, neurotic, over-emotional.  LTW Become a Superstar Athlete):  672,851
Marissa (frugal, hot-headed, neurotic, natural cook, eco-friendly.  LTW Celebrated Five-Star Chef):  440,604
Total:  2,242,079

A lot of my variation between people had to do with who I brought more on vacation.

Offline TheCub

• Townie
« Reply #396 on: July 21, 2010, 12:31:03 AM »
I'm not quite ready to start this challenge yet but I've already created my sims. This should be interesting since each of them has at least one trait I never use. That's one thing I like about these challenges, they force you to play the game differently than you normally do.

Lucy BenesRicky SeinfeldFred CostanzaEthel Kramer

ExcitableAbsent-MindedAmbitiousCommitment Issues
FrugalBookwormChildishGrumpy
Light SleeperCharismaticInappropriateHates the Outdoors
NeatLight SleeperNever NudeInsane
Over-EmotionalTechnophobeSnobVirtuoso

Swimming in Cash     CEO of a Mega-Corporation     Living in the Lap of Luxury     Jack of All Trades     

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #397 on: July 21, 2010, 01:02:14 AM »
From the rules...

SCORING:

Sim #1 - Sim #4 — Mouse over the the treasure chest in the Lifetime Happiness Panel to get the Total Lifetime Happiness Acquired amount for each of your 4 Sims when game clock reads Week 15, Day 2, 11:59 PM.

Is it still unclear to you?

Crystal.  I've read the rules over several times and missed that each time, so thanks for pointing it out so clearly.  Meanwhile, after having it figured out for me, I find I'm not doing so badly but I have changed my focus a bit.  I play these kinds of challenges for fun, but sometimes, it starts to no longer be fun.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

Offline AriaGirl77

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #398 on: July 21, 2010, 02:07:15 AM »
WHEW!  Finally done!

Lilly Phillips - 350,539
Marcus Philips *invisible* - 100,000
Alex Jameson - 704,662
Marlene Jameson - 320,953

Total: 1,476,154

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #399 on: July 21, 2010, 01:21:56 PM »

Alex Jameson - 704,662

Wow, over 700,000 points for one sim!  Impressive.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests