Author Topic: The Random Wishmaster's Quartet  (Read 52272 times)

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Random Wishmaster's Quartet
« Reply #475 on: July 28, 2010, 07:17:13 PM »
New Challengers might want to consider other towns to play in, though I'd guess if you have S3 vanilla, the only other town is Riverview, which might have the same junkyard as SV. Something to think about, anyway.

If you have just the base game, then you wouldn't have the junkyard because that came out with Ambitions.
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Offline Sushi101

• Townie
« Reply #476 on: July 28, 2010, 07:20:14 PM »
The junkyards are a new lot that's placed in a Ambitions neighborhood.

Oh! I thought I saw him say earlier that he was playing in Sunset Valley. Okay then, thank you.

Members with at least 5 posts do not see ads on this Forum.

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #477 on: July 28, 2010, 07:33:25 PM »
Oh! I thought I saw him say earlier that he was playing in Sunset Valley. Okay then, thank you.

Yes, if you have Ambitions and start a new game, the new places for Ambitions are also placed in your neighbourhood.
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Offline applejackkxo

• Llama Wrangler
  • "Blame it all upon a rush of blood to the head."
« Reply #478 on: July 28, 2010, 08:18:55 PM »
Wohoo!! World Adventures just got here and back to this challenge I go. :)
“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.” -Albert Einstein

Offline MomOfMany

• Immortal
« Reply #479 on: July 29, 2010, 12:13:21 AM »
Yes, you've got quite a handful there with Sarah and those difficult LTWs. It'll be especially difficult when Sarah starts socializing with some of your other sims with that blend of traits. I don't think she'll get along well with insane or over-emotional, haha  :P . What relationships did you choose for them?

I know. All the girls are sisters and the guy is Julie's husband! The thing with Sarah is she wants to be friends with someone but with her traits it's not going to be easy to do.

Online Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #480 on: July 29, 2010, 01:16:15 AM »
Geeze, wish I had gotten some different traits.  I have been playing this challenge, what seems like an eternity and looked and only on week 7.  I mean it is great, but they have just traits that I would normally pick.  Oh well, the gnomes are having a blast.  Those little guys don't like topiaries.  lol.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Read forum rules
Riches to Rags

Offline NeoFelis

• Occult
  • Must play Sims!
« Reply #481 on: July 29, 2010, 04:22:57 AM »

If you're referring to me, I'm a she. :D And I am playing SV. It's just they stick a tiny junkyard on a big lot in that town. It makes it less than ideal for anyone who's playing an inventor (fortunately I'm not in this challenge), but I suppose we could save the ones in the new town so that in a different, non-challenge situation, we'd have them to place where we want to in SV.

By the way the other table that was forming an unsalvagable block was the Sunup Breakfast Table. I checked it before I used my silver hammer on it.  ;)

Edited for clarity. I.E. I forgot a word.  :-[

___________________________________________________________________________________________
"Tomorrow's just your future yesterday." Craig Ferguson, Late Late Show theme song.

Offline LenaLJ

• Immortal
« Reply #482 on: July 29, 2010, 05:55:30 AM »
Ohh im sad right know. My one sim traveled through time and had the cutes copy of if as a child with him home again.... And the fathers eyes are really saying "Please, please, can i keep him?"

Sadly no but they are so cute togehter.

Offline NancyJ

• Immortal
« Reply #483 on: July 29, 2010, 06:11:30 AM »
One of my sims travelled through time and changed the other guy from level 7 in the music career to level 7 business! That's the last time I send a loser in the time machine!

Offline ClumsyMum

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #484 on: July 29, 2010, 12:06:00 PM »
Finally finished!! Quite enjoyed that, I don't tend to play the same household for very long, I have a bit of a short attention span! lol But I managed it and they even had all 100 days of vacation. Anyway, here's all my info;

1) Joe: Born Salesman, Vegetarian, Eccentric, Schmoozer, Friendly          LTW: World Renowned Surgeon  Points: 276,812
2) Jon: Insane, Born Salesman, Unlucky, Vegetarian, Hydrophobic            LTW: Jack of All Trades            Points: 316,164
3) Alysia: Athletic, Inappropriate, Family-Orientated, Evil, Absent-Minded  LTW: The Emperor of Evil          Points: 299,078
4) Evie: Lucky, Light Sleeper, Slob, Can't Stand Art, Perceptive               LTW: International Super Spy    Points: 270,188

So my grand total is: 1,162,242

kellyvuta

« Reply #485 on: July 29, 2010, 03:21:18 PM »
I'd like to take part in this, its my first ever challenge can't wait!!  :D

Offline Nikitachi

• Nooboo
« Reply #486 on: July 29, 2010, 03:31:43 PM »
Hello, I'm Niki, and I'm new here :D I love challenges, and I would like to make this one my first Sims 3 challenge :) So, sign me in, please. I can't be sure I can finish it because I have very unstable real life, but I'll try to do my best.

I also have a question. What sort of evidence do we need to show here? Is it enough to post your sims, their traits and LTWs in the beginning, and their scores in the end? Or do we need to provide any screenies/saved games/etc.?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #487 on: July 29, 2010, 03:56:04 PM »
kelly and Niki, welcome to the forums and good luck in this event.

@Niki — I operate the Tournament and all of the challenges strictly on the honor system, so post your final results when you're done and that's sufficient. If anyone's score raises my suspicions, then I contact the player and ask questions. That does not happen too often.

jewalsb

« Reply #488 on: July 29, 2010, 06:25:09 PM »
Ok I'm wondering about the rule that we can't exit without saving to avoid negative game events. But I am currently experiencing a game glitch that will negatively effect my sims goals, and want to know if I can exit without saving and hope it won't happen again. One of my sims is sitting at home on her day off, and her career tab says she's missing work, and her performance meter has gone way down. I tried sending her to work, but the game says she can't because it's not a work day. I believe the last time I saved was before this started, so if I exit hopefully it will get the days right and glitch gone. I haven't had any negative in-game events that would be avoided, on the contrary I would lose a couple wishes that I would have to redo. Can I get an official ok or not ok to do this?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #489 on: July 29, 2010, 07:02:34 PM »
Ok I'm wondering about the rule that we can't exit without saving to avoid negative game events. But I am currently experiencing a game glitch that will negatively effect my sims goals, and want to know if I can exit without saving and hope it won't happen again. One of my sims is sitting at home on her day off, and her career tab says she's missing work, and her performance meter has gone way down. I tried sending her to work, but the game says she can't because it's not a work day. I believe the last time I saved was before this started, so if I exit hopefully it will get the days right and glitch gone. I haven't had any negative in-game events that would be avoided, on the contrary I would lose a couple wishes that I would have to redo. Can I get an official ok or not ok to do this?

This happened to me as well. Personally, I chose not to exit without saving because I didn't feel it was a game breaker. Other major issues like invisible Sims or the consignment store getting busted I have no problem with a player reloading from a previous save or just exiting without saving. So, no, I won't give approval for that particular glitch. Was it the criminal career by any chance? The Sim that this happened to me with was pursuing Emperor of Evil. There was another challenge — I think the Career Couples one — where other players had issues with the criminal career.

jewalsb

« Reply #490 on: July 29, 2010, 08:45:17 PM »
Ok, saving now. Just more of a challenge i guess :)

And yes, it was criminal. First time it's happened to me, I hope it doesn't continue.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #491 on: July 29, 2010, 08:53:23 PM »
And yes, it was criminal. First time it's happened to me, I hope it doesn't continue.

Got my fingers crossed for ya'. Yeah, I had a hunch on it being criminal. Something's whacked out with that career.

Offline Sushi101

• Townie
« Reply #492 on: July 29, 2010, 10:54:11 PM »
This happened to me as well. Personally, I chose not to exit without saving because I didn't feel it was a game breaker. Other major issues like invisible Sims or the consignment store getting busted I have no problem with a player reloading from a previous save or just exiting without saving. So, no, I won't give approval for that particular glitch. Was it the criminal career by any chance? The Sim that this happened to me with was pursuing Emperor of Evil. There was another challenge — I think the Career Couples one — where other players had issues with the criminal career.

I don't remember what career that I had similar problems with. I am not sure if my problem was that the meter was going down on a day off, it the game stopped alerting me that my sim had to go to work, but the same thing happened to me while playing that challenge. I do remember, though, watching my work performance drop from the top of the top bar, to the bottom of the lower bar within 5 hours on a day that said I wasn't suppose to work. Each time it said the next work day was 1 or 2 days away. Perhaps a patch will fix that problem when it is discovered.

Offline ClayMask

• Immortal
« Reply #493 on: July 29, 2010, 11:35:54 PM »

This also happened to me.  I'm not 100% positive which career it was for, but I think it might have been professional sports.  It definitely wasn't the criminal career, so I guess it's a common problem among different careers.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #494 on: July 30, 2010, 04:37:03 AM »
They complain the way they do when they're path is blocked. Then they give up and move to the next task. I've tried to have them do it multiple times in a row, some of the time with salvaging other things first, but no go. Sometimes they can go around it, but I've got three of those tables (they're Phobic Dining Tables, by the way) right now. Long rectangles with legs that stick outward from the tabletop are apparently perfect for blocking routes. The area at the front of the junkyard has several narrow places, but even in a place that doesn't seem very narrow I still can't salvage the table.

Metro: I tried your idea, but that only works on my lot and not the junkyard lot. What say you? I'd be fine with going into Edit Town and just sledgehammering them, which obviously means they'll generate no usuable or sellable furniture, but I obviously need your permission as I know using Edit Town is against the rules.

Small JunkYard in Riverview as well and tables that block your path including end tables that are standing on all four legs so nothing is poking out.  You just can't go around it, (except for the long way) and you can't salvage it.  I blew the sucker up and got rid of it and got scrap I needed as well.  (Cackling gleefully)  Some items seem to get stuck in your inventory as well, like the globe if you try to salvage it.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

GrowerGirl

« Reply #495 on: July 30, 2010, 11:35:38 AM »
On my non test family one of my sims died, she got out of work and burst into flames from a drug she took. Can i just make them a test family now, i was just automatically gonna do but i didn't know if it was against the rules.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #496 on: July 30, 2010, 01:31:03 PM »
On my non test family one of my sims died, she got out of work and burst into flames from a drug she took. Can i just make them a test family now, i was just automatically gonna do but i didn't know if it was against the rules.

non test family? Meaning the Sim that burst into flames was part of the real deal family in this challenge?

Offline NancyJ

• Immortal
« Reply #497 on: July 30, 2010, 02:36:04 PM »
My Sims and score

Gaia Earthmother : 453,112 - No sense of humor, Eco-Friendly, Green Thumb, Never Nude, Grumpy
Gil Gunderson: 511,692 - Loser, Dare Devil, Born Salesman, Family Oriented, Kleptomaniac
Michelle Pomp de Pomp: 524,551 - Athletic, Hot-headed, Charismatic, Savvy Sculptor, Eco-Friendly
Henri Pomp de Pomp: 554,362 - Mooch, Loves the Outdoors, Ambitious, Virtuoso, Snob

Total: 2,043,717

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #498 on: July 30, 2010, 06:22:04 PM »
With all 3 of my girls at my mom's house this week, I put probably 40 hours of game time into this event and finished it up. Whew. I am so exhausted, but I'm glad it's over. I'll just quote my intro post from p.9 —

On the left, we've got Adam Randomhouse (Good Sense of Humor, Unflirty, Loner, Hydrophobic, and Born Saleman). LTW: Professional Author
Standing next to Adam is his wife, Claire Randomhouse (Adventurous, Athletic, Easily Impressed, Good Sense of Humor, and Inappropriate). LTW: Seasoned Traveler
To the right of the mailbox we have Tamika Randomhouse, sister of Adam. I know. Kind of weird. (Ambitious, Brave, Evil, Family-Oriented, and Heavy Sleeper). LTW: Emperor of Evil
Finally, on the far right we've got Megan Randomhouse (Artistic, Flirty, Mooch, Natural Cook, Workaholic). LTW: Celebrated 5-Star Chef

Adam = 624,565
Claire = 610,530
Tamika = 740,510
Megan = 644,331

-----------

Total = 2,619,936

abbeyb17

« Reply #499 on: July 30, 2010, 06:33:37 PM »
I know most are finishing now - but can I still sign up?  Also, with the patched up to date rule, my World Adventures isn't up to date according to the version number, but according to the launcher it is, as it's not asking me to update.  Am I still alright to do the challenge as everything else is up to date?  ???