Author Topic: The Random Wishmaster's Quartet  (Read 51170 times)

Offline Sushi101

• Townie
Re: The Random Wishmaster's Quartet
« Reply #525 on: August 03, 2010, 05:43:35 AM »
It seemed every Sim I tried flirting with was either (a)unflirty (b)married (and not the cheating kind) or (c)not interested in any way. Most were (b) though, married and truly dedicated to their relationship/spouse.  I finally got it done, but it was a toughy, and made lots of enemies on the way :D.  Jack of all Trades was a difficult one as well, though I think it was because I picked the wrong job to start out with.   ::)

Really? I usually get the flirty/snob Sims that love my compliments, haha. Maybe I just have good luck with these things because there usually aren't many Sims that won't fall for my moves. Perhaps it has something to do with the different traits we pick. Better luck next time?

Members with at least 25 posts do not see ads within a topic.

Offline cndneh

• Watcher
« Reply #526 on: August 03, 2010, 08:51:00 AM »
Really? I usually get the flirty/snob Sims that love my compliments, haha. Maybe I just have good luck with these things because there usually aren't many Sims that won't fall for my moves. Perhaps it has something to do with the different traits we pick. Better luck next time?

Remembering I didn't get to choose the traits. Though you mentioned that so looking back at August's traits.. she was also unlucky... maybe that was the problem!   :D

jewalsb

« Reply #527 on: August 03, 2010, 02:05:28 PM »
Ok, I just had to share this.. We had a fire at our lot, and the fireman came and stood by and did nothing, while my sims worked to extinguish the flames. After that, the fireman just kept standing there, while I had one of my sims work on upgrading the fireplace to make it fireproof. Next my sim started on fire, and again the fireman just stood there watching! He even covered his ears while the alarm went off! I'm going to see what kind of angry interactions my sims can use. I've never used negative interactions on purpose, but he deserves it!!

Offline Sushi101

• Townie
« Reply #528 on: August 04, 2010, 01:14:33 AM »
remembering I didn't get to choose the traits. Though you mentioned that so looking back at August's traits.. she was also unlucky... maybe that was the problem!   :D

Ah yes, the randomness! Is that the only time you have had problems with romance, then? Yes, unlucky sims usually aren't good with people but I've only ever had 1 unlucky sim so I'm not positive.

Lucy360

« Reply #529 on: August 04, 2010, 10:17:37 AM »
I finished my first challenge with seriously lower scores than everyone else haha! Looks like I need some practice!

Jack James - Level 10 military - 225,665
Holly Gibbs - Creature/robot cross breeder - 215,125
Ffion Gibbs - Net worth - 188,807
Ashley James - Have 10 girlfriends/boyfriends - 110,921

Total Score - 740,518  :-[

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #530 on: August 04, 2010, 11:05:58 AM »
I finished my first challenge with seriously lower scores than everyone else haha! Looks like I need some practice!

Lucy — good job finishing up. And don't worry about how you finished. The important thing is if you had fun and learned some new things.

Offline Sushi101

• Townie
« Reply #531 on: August 04, 2010, 07:36:18 PM »

Jack James - Level 10 military - 225,665
Holly Gibbs - Creature/robot cross breeder - 215,125
Ffion Gibbs - Net worth - 188,807
Ashley James - Have 10 girlfriends/boyfriends - 110,921

Total Score - 740,518  :-[

I had a terrible score on my first challenge but I'm getting a little tiny bit better with each one I do (I hope) and I'm having fun trying out all these different styles of playing. Don't worry about your score, we all get better with experience. Some of the people playing these challenges have been doing it for years  :o Good luck on the Romantic Interests challenge!

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #532 on: August 04, 2010, 07:38:23 PM »
Done!  Sim 1:  255,748      Sim 2:  241, 416    Sim 3:  266, 876  Sim 4:  201, 293

Very hard challenge.  Glad it's over.  It was fun though.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

Offline alyssa.cole

• Townie
« Reply #533 on: August 06, 2010, 07:36:20 PM »
After spending an awful lot of nights and weekends chipping away at this, I've finally finished with my Wishmasters!
This challenge was a marathon for sure, so all of the competitors that finish are champs in my book! :)

My quartet ended up as follows:

Evelyn: (Insane, Loser, Heavy Sleeper, Bookworm, Snob)  535,130
Tim: (Lucky, Workaholic, Good, Vegetarian, Mooch) 461,809
Glenn: (Vegetarian, Natural Cook, Schmoozer, Absent-Minded, Kleptomaniac) 447,039
Paige: (Loner, Workaholic, Heavy Sleeper, Ambitious, Absent-Minded) 524,536

That totals to: 1,968,514

My goal was to try to hit the 2 million mark, but in my last few days I wasn't able to scramble up the last few thousand points. Even so, I'm thrilled to have finished the whole 200 days, and am looking forward to some challenges with only one or two sims!

Offline Sushi101

• Townie
« Reply #534 on: August 06, 2010, 09:08:16 PM »
After spending an awful lot of nights and weekends chipping away at this, I've finally finished with my Wishmasters!
This challenge was a marathon for sure, so all of the competitors that finish are champs in my book! :)

My quartet ended up as follows:

Evelyn: (Insane, Loser, Heavy Sleeper, Bookworm, Snob)  535,130
Tim: (Lucky, Workaholic, Good, Vegetarian, Mooch) 461,809
Glenn: (Vegetarian, Natural Cook, Schmoozer, Absent-Minded, Kleptomaniac) 447,039
Paige: (Loner, Workaholic, Heavy Sleeper, Ambitious, Absent-Minded) 524,536

That totals to: 1,968,514

My goal was to try to hit the 2 million mark, but in my last few days I wasn't able to scramble up the last few thousand points. Even so, I'm thrilled to have finished the whole 200 days, and am looking forward to some challenges with only one or two sims!

I'm also very excited for the 2 sim challenges coming up! It will be such a refreshing change from this Wishmaster challenge, huh?  :)

Offline alyssa.cole

• Townie
« Reply #535 on: August 06, 2010, 10:46:55 PM »
I'm also very excited for the 2 sim challenges coming up! It will be such a refreshing change from this Wishmaster challenge, huh?  :)

Absolutely! I really liked Wishmasters, but with all of the switching back and forth between four sims, it seemed to take forever to play through even one day. Especially as two of mine were Absent-Minded, I was always checking that they hadn't wandered away.

Offline cndneh

• Watcher
« Reply #536 on: August 06, 2010, 11:41:56 PM »
Finished this a while ago and already posted my score but just wanted to say as my first challenge I really enjoyed it and would love to do it again, maybe as just the vanilla game to help out the "glitchy" people, or have two challenges going on at the same time, the vanilla challenge and the EP challenge.   I might just have to do it again, by myself... the idea of random is awesome, and play a bit more like that now!

Thanks for the fun!

:)

abbeyb17

« Reply #537 on: August 08, 2010, 09:45:02 AM »
I'm sorry but I'm going to have to pull out, as a power surge took out my local substation, and my house is without reliable power, as they've put us on a generator that simply cannot cope.  I was really enjoying the challenge, but even had they fixed it, I'd would've ended up at square one, and against the rules as my save got corrupted anyway.  It was going really well, and I was at week 7/8 which I was pleased with.  I'll probably retry it unofficially, when they get our power sorted!  Thank you for the advice on getting my game sorted! And now I have little time to post but I would add more!

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #538 on: August 08, 2010, 09:58:26 AM »
@abbey, sorry to hear about the power problems. :( Thanks for giving it a shot.

Offline Sushi101

• Townie
« Reply #539 on: August 08, 2010, 09:58:08 PM »
Better luck next time Abbey. Maybe the next challenge you try will turn out so great that it will make up for this loss.

By the way, is it against the rules to type like this? I know there are a lot of rules about fonts, colors, and everything but I wasn't sure if that was one of them.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #540 on: August 08, 2010, 10:02:09 PM »
By the way, is it against the rules to type like this? I know there are a lot of rules about fonts, colors, and everything but I wasn't sure if that was one of them.

Well, you won't be banned. :) But, it's kind of hard to read. Better to just stick with the standard font. An occasional bold or italicized word for emphasis is fine too.

Offline YolandaBlu

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #541 on: August 08, 2010, 10:13:27 PM »
I'd like to join this Challenge.  I hope I am doing this right.  I have never posted to a forum.

Offline MomOfMany

• Immortal
« Reply #542 on: August 09, 2010, 12:03:06 AM »
Am I correct to assume that we are not to have children in this challenge? I had a wish for it and they are nice size wishes but I deleted it thinking we weren't able to since we can't add to the household but want to check to make sure?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #543 on: August 09, 2010, 12:03:41 AM »
Hi YolandaBlu. Welcome to the forums. You're in and good luck. Given the fact that this event finishes in three weeks I hope you have a lot of free time ahead of you. This one's a mountain of work. :)

-----

EDIT:

Am I correct to assume that we are not to have children in this challenge? I had a wish for it and they are nice size wishes but I deleted it thinking we weren't able to since we can't add to the household but want to check to make sure?

Right. The rules state no other Sims than your 4 Wishmasters can be added to the house. I think someone accidentally "picked up" a child while using the Time Machine, but I allowed a quick cheat to delete the child.

Offline MomOfMany

• Immortal
« Reply #544 on: August 09, 2010, 12:08:57 AM »
So is it still ok to use the time machine? And is there any way to avoid getting accidental children? I haven't played with the time machine at all yet but did just start one of mine on inventing. So I want to make sure that I don't do anything wrong before I do it.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #545 on: August 09, 2010, 12:17:55 AM »
Oh, yeah, you can use the Time Machine. There is the chance of returning from a trip with a child. And to my knowledge, nothing can prevent that. It's just a rare randomizer thrown into the mix. So, if it happens — no biggie. Delete the child with testingcheatsenabled true and then turn it off again.

BlueJay91

« Reply #546 on: August 09, 2010, 02:25:17 AM »
Right. The rules state no other Sims than your 4 Wishmasters can be added to the house. I think someone accidentally "picked up" a child while using the Time Machine, but I allowed a quick cheat to delete the child.

But wait; can you have a child with a Sim outside of the Wishmaster house, and that child is not in your home? My Patrick has a baby with Justine Keaton, but the child is with his mother, her husband, and her angry family. There are still only four in the Wishmaster household. That should be fine, right? I hope I didn't screw it all up.  :(

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #547 on: August 09, 2010, 02:29:37 AM »
But wait; can you have a child with a Sim outside of the Wishmaster house, and that child is not in your home? My Patrick has a baby with Justine Keaton, but the child is with his mother, her husband, and her angry family. There are still only four in the Wishmaster household. That should be fine, right? I hope I didn't screw it all up.  :(

Yep, you're good. I think Pam did this as well. Can't remember for sure. As long as the kids are elsewhere, no problem.

Offline Sushi101

• Townie
« Reply #548 on: August 09, 2010, 03:18:27 AM »
Yep, you're good. I think Pam did this as well. Can't remember for sure. As long as the kids are elsewhere, no problem.

Edited - too much strategy information.  -Pam

Well, you won't be banned. :) But, it's kind of hard to read. Better to just stick with the standard font. An occasional bold or italicized word for emphasis is fine too.

Okay, that's fine. I just got curious xD.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #549 on: August 09, 2010, 09:10:51 AM »
@Sushi, you know the rules. I'm not happy that Pam had to come in and edit someone while I was snoozing.