Author Topic: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge  (Read 898158 times)

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Re: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #1800 on: April 15, 2013, 10:32:49 AM »
Spares can have whatever traits you want to give them.   The rules state that you can't change the spouse's traits but if you do get extra traits - I'm ok with you choosing something for them.   Metro will need to give his opinion though as that may not be the correct answer.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Chuckles_82

« Reply #1801 on: April 15, 2013, 07:48:38 PM »
Thanks Rica :) I guess I'm reading again today, as my game is awaiting me to choose a trait. It's not something I would ordinarily have rushed into, but my sim is a vampire and just powered through the social ladder. Someone else challenged her to a trivia challenge. Ah well. New Spring was getting very interesting anyway :D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1802 on: April 15, 2013, 07:57:29 PM »
Metro says to roll once for spouses that get an extra trait since you can't really choose their traits or change them.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Chuckles_82

« Reply #1803 on: April 15, 2013, 08:02:34 PM »
Ok, thanks Rica. But just so everyone knows, you can choose their traits if you don't mind what the sim looks like. If you use the sim finder ap, you just punch in the traits you want. That's still ok, isn't it? I didn't see it banned.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1804 on: April 15, 2013, 08:10:25 PM »
It's not banned but it's not viable strategy for an entire dynasty either.   Only 3 occults can be made and you're not allowed to intentionally kill a Sim to get a ghost. 
A spouse's traits do not matter since they can't help with any part of the requirements.  They are literally a space filler. 

Chuckles_82

« Reply #1805 on: April 15, 2013, 08:22:14 PM »
No, not the whole dynasty - but a spouse at the start with the right traits can be helpful. They can help with the kids though right?

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1806 on: April 15, 2013, 08:27:37 PM »
They can help raise them, sure.   But even if they don't have the right traits, they can help.   I've very rarely gotten a person from that thing that wasn't EA standard, too.  If you don't mind everyone looking like everyone else, it's your choice. 

I find getting a spouse that's an original townie but a witch can be good.  Beyond that I see no reason for needing traits.   Especially if you get them early enough.  Time spent leveling social networking to get that spouse could have been spent on other faster skill challenges or a self employment career to get to the point of making babies.

A player can do what they choose but in the long run it was far easier to focus on what my character needed to do then it was to husband hunt. 

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Chuckles_82

« Reply #1807 on: April 15, 2013, 09:03:36 PM »
Very true - after playing the Hobos to Heroes Race the year before last, and taking the full array of bad traits, I realised how little they really matter. Still, social networking is not a complete waste of time. If you use it to fill in time, and to complete the many blogging wishes that come with it, it's very useful for building up LTH points. You can easily max it without ever accidentally completing any of the challenges, thus saving them for an emergency, and you can meet sims at any time of day or night, thus making those nighttime hours useful when other sims are unavailable, short though they are in actuality, the often stretch on forever when you're trying to find something productive for a sim to do.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #1808 on: April 16, 2013, 12:52:28 PM »
Another problem with the University skilling glitch. My Sim somehow gained Charisma. I have no idea how, he's never read a Charisma book or practised speech in the mirror. He did some Science interactions with a genie, including ink blot test, stimulus response test and postulate theory. Where did the Charisma skill come from? Thanks to his Observant LTR and all his friends, he has now negated three skill challenges I was planning on using later, and it's only a matter of time until Super Friendly is gone too >:( So irritating.

By samoht04

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1809 on: April 16, 2013, 12:57:50 PM »
Another problem with the University skilling glitch. My Sim somehow gained Charisma. I have no idea how, he's never read a Charisma book or practised speech in the mirror. He did some Science interactions with a genie, including ink blot test, stimulus response test and postulate theory. Where did the Charisma skill come from? Thanks to his Observant LTR and all his friends, he has now negated three skill challenges I was planning on using later, and it's only a matter of time until Super Friendly is gone too >:( So irritating.

Did he use the premium content playpen?

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #1810 on: April 16, 2013, 01:04:57 PM »

I had the exact same thing happen in my immortal dynasty, when my founder was just chatting it up with a random sim and somehow gained charisma! Between all her friends and the fast-skilling glitch, she's at level 6 already--bye bye, charisma as a supermax! She didn't use any science interactions, and had not used the playpen.
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #1811 on: April 16, 2013, 01:10:21 PM »
I had the exact same thing happen in my immortal dynasty, when my founder was just chatting it up with a random sim and somehow gained charisma! Between all her friends and the fast-skilling glitch, she's at level 6 already--bye bye, charisma as a supermax! She didn't use any science interactions, and had not used the playpen.

Ugh! It makes me so mad, because that was the one I planned on for sure! Everything else was flexible! Dumb glitch!

By samoht04

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
« Reply #1812 on: April 16, 2013, 03:30:00 PM »
Ugh! It makes me so mad, because that was the one I planned on for sure! Everything else was flexible! Dumb glitch!

I's too easy to max if a sim somehow autonomously gains a skill point, so I usually leave it free, although if you don't let your sims tell any jokes, you could use the joke skill challenge.

Chuckles_82

« Reply #1813 on: April 17, 2013, 06:38:06 AM »
If your game or computer crashes, do you choose the traits that got randomly assigned before the crash, or just hit the random button and accept that it's going to be different?

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1814 on: April 17, 2013, 07:22:02 AM »
You have to hit random again.

anything