Author Topic: Running a Resort Hints/Tips  (Read 144815 times)

Offline tara1727

• Llama Wrangler
Re: Running a Resort Hints/Tips
« Reply #75 on: July 04, 2013, 10:51:20 AM »
It's a known problem that Hobart's Hideout has insect spawners that are located underground.

I was having a problem with bartenders and food cart person not showing up in my resort. I was trying to hire new ones but none showed up. I finally found what the problem was: I had built a large deck over the sea and placed all four resort towers on it and the towers appeared to be too close to each other giving pathing problems to my sims. I made the deck even larger to make more room in it and that helped.

Offline FireRaye93

• Townie
  • I am burdened with glorious plumbobs.
« Reply #76 on: July 04, 2013, 11:11:23 AM »
I had the exact same problem, Tara.

I took a different approach because I built my resort (currently 4 stars) on relatively small lot. Most of the lot was over water, so I built a deck to hold my resort tower. Me being the space saver that I am, didn't leave enough room for sims to move around before I built everything else. When I opened my resort, my employees were stuck behind the resort and there was little I could do in terms of adding more space or moving things.

So, I turned the "moveobjects on" cheat on and moved them manually. It's tedious, but it gets the job done, since a permanent solution isn't available due to my limited space.
Sometimes a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Vinyl

• I hear plumbobs are worth a fortune on the black market
  • Occult
« Reply #77 on: July 04, 2013, 12:19:01 PM »
Out of curiosity about maximum earnings I bought the largest plot of land I could find (77 Paradise Road, which is either 60x60 or 64x64) and jammed as many towers on top as I could.  I turned the basement into the amenities and added two ladders for access.  I did this without cheats, which is why the basement and pool are so misshapen (they were added to with each day's leftover monies after upgrading the towers).  As soon as the resort reached the 5-star rating I stopped adding to the ugly basement.

Here's how it all looked and how the numbers played out at the 5-star level.  Note that every tower was fully upgraded with both room service and spa services turned on.  Both versions of the resort had the three firewalks, one food stand, eight buffets (one of every type), pool bar, and four pieces of gym equipment.  Highest quality was chosen for bars and buffet, pool was chlorinated, maintenance crew was 3 high quality workers, and all graveyards shifts were on.  All rooms were fully booked every day and the pricing was set to expensive.  One member of the household had the Hotel Mogul LTR.

Eco Modern Version
Number of Fully Upgraded Towers:  12
Max Occupancy:  840
Daily Payout:  80,949

Beach Resort Version
Number of Fully Upgraded Towers:  28
Max Occupancy:  1120
Daily Payout:  62,169

Surprisingly even with so many more sims checking in the beach resort version didn't make nearly as much money as the eco-modern towers.  I didn't try the villas, but I'd guess the numbers would fall somewhere in the middle of these two.  It does take a while to get the eco-modern version of the resort fully upgraded but the money quickly snowballs from a few thousand to many thousands a day.  81k a day is a huge amount of money for a household to be pulling in, especially from only one resort!

Offline aenito

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #78 on: July 04, 2013, 03:17:41 PM »
Eco Modern Version
Number of Fully Upgraded Towers:  12
Max Occupancy:  840
Daily Payout:  80,949

Beach Resort Version
Number of Fully Upgraded Towers:  28
Max Occupancy:  1120
Daily Payout:  62,169

Very interesting experiment indeed.

Just, 28 x 42 = 1176 so your Beach Resort version didn't get fully booked. 1120 occupancy is equivalent to 26 and 2/3 rabbit holes.

Have you the data of raw income?

edit: 1120 is also exactly 28 x 40
edit2: indeed, the guide was wrong and the capacity of Beach Resort is 15, 25, 40

Offline aenito

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #79 on: July 05, 2013, 07:42:15 PM »
I collected more data and did more experiments, and found some interesting results:

All the income you get daily is a multiplier of the occupancy (you never get decimals if you divide income by occupancy) so you can build a formula that calculate it. Something like that:

Daily income = Occupancy * (base expending + extras)

Ok, so the first finding is that the base expending is a constant that depends of the range of prices, the kind of rabbit hole and its level.
resortlevelAffordableModerateExpensive
Beach16811
Beach2202533
Beach3253141
Spanish16811
Spanish2202533
Spanish3253141
Eco1162027
Eco2243040
Eco3506283

All and each level 1 Beach Resort you build will give the same base expending and all and each level 3 Eco Resort will give the same base expending. If you change prices range all the base expendings will change but will remain constant from one game to another. Beach and Spanish give exactly the same figures so the only reason to build a spanish resort is for aestetic purposes.

Also, the "extras" part is very interesting. Almost everything adds to the base expending. For example, if you set a receptionist at Morning you get a +1 to the base expending. If you set a receptionist at Afternoon you get a +1 to the base expending and if you set a receptionist at Night you get +2 base expending. And if you fill all three shifts you get a +1 base expending.

This part i must fine tune it more because there are many extras and not all the moddifiers are straigth forward. For example, if you hire one medium qualified cleaner you get +2 base expending, if you hire 2 you get +5 and if you hire 3 you get +7... but with 3 high qualified cleaners you get +15 to base expending.

Offline Vinyl

• I hear plumbobs are worth a fortune on the black market
  • Occult
« Reply #80 on: July 05, 2013, 09:44:25 PM »
That is interesting!  I wonder if there's a value cap for each of the extras.  If a resort was filled with nothing but food stands or treadmills would the room rate rocket correspondingly, or would it stop after x amount of either?  Hmm, intriguing.

Offline Swirl-Girl

• Squirt
  • Watcher
  • Sends more than 20 PMs Per Hour
« Reply #81 on: July 05, 2013, 11:54:03 PM »
I made a resort on a houseboat, and there were complaints about not enough greenery! How do you do that? Trees aren't even supported on houseboats! I could MOO some bushes, but that is ridiculous. Doesn't the fact that you are on water give it enough of an island "feel" to you?!
Also, all of my employees are not at their stations! So I fired them, and now they are using the amenities for free!

Squirt's Super Submissions
I love Constructive Criticism!
"Krabs are so cheap, they can't even pay attention!"

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #82 on: July 06, 2013, 07:55:11 PM »
I made a resort on a houseboat, and there were complaints about not enough greenery! How do you do that? Trees aren't even supported on houseboats! I could MOO some bushes, but that is ridiculous. Doesn't the fact that you are on water give it enough of an island "feel" to you?!
Also, all of my employees are not at their stations! So I fired them, and now they are using the amenities for free!

When you say trees are not supported, does that include fruit trees that you put in one of those indoor food planter pots?
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Swirl-Girl

• Squirt
  • Watcher
  • Sends more than 20 PMs Per Hour
« Reply #83 on: July 06, 2013, 09:48:47 PM »
Those are possible. But you can't MOO any build mode plants on, they don't show up. I'm trying to see if buy mode plants count for it.

Squirt's Super Submissions
I love Constructive Criticism!
"Krabs are so cheap, they can't even pay attention!"

Offline tara1727

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #84 on: July 07, 2013, 09:02:55 AM »
Does anyone has any tips for keeping a five star resort the level it is? In my game they keep on complaining pool is way too small and hot tubs are crowded. And it's just week three. I buy more and more hot tubs and build larger and larger pool. Will they ever stop it? Or is it just impossible to stay five star because one day you will run out of space even when building into basement and having multiple floors?

Offline CreativeCrayola

• Katniss :)
  • Immortal
« Reply #85 on: July 07, 2013, 09:28:44 AM »
Can you make a resort in other EA Worlds? Like Sunset Valley or Hidden Springs?

Offline Machine1k

• Llama Wrangler
Re: Re: Running a Resort Hints/Tips
« Reply #86 on: July 07, 2013, 09:41:45 AM »

Although I have yet to try it myself, other have and they are able to build 5 star resorts in other worlds.  The only thing that can't be placed because it is still buggy are the dive zones, the ocean's aren't deep enough.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Offline aenito

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #87 on: July 07, 2013, 10:21:15 AM »
I made a resort on a houseboat, and there were complaints about not enough greenery! How do you do that?

My advice is to just ignore it. A resort in a houseboat is like a cruiser, and you don't plant trees in cruiser ships.

From the smartphone, in the Real State options, you choose an empty lot and start building on it.

Offline Wai

• Immortal
« Reply #88 on: July 07, 2013, 11:18:57 AM »
I made a resort on a houseboat, and there were complaints about not enough greenery! How do you do that?

I've haven't tried this, but, I wonder if potted plants, either from the "plants" selection or from plants potted by yourself would help here.  I'm particularly thinking that the large potted palm should cover the "greenery" requirement.
“In this world, there is nothing softer or thinner than water. But to compel the hard and unyielding, it has no equal. That the weak overcomes the strong, that the hard gives way to the gentle -- this everyone knows. Yet no one asks accordingly.”
 Lao-Tse

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #89 on: July 07, 2013, 04:52:07 PM »
Does anyone has any tips for keeping a five star resort the level it is? In my game they keep on complaining pool is way too small and hot tubs are crowded. And it's just week three. I buy more and more hot tubs and build larger and larger pool. Will they ever stop it? Or is it just impossible to stay five star because one day you will run out of space even when building into basement and having multiple floors?

I suggest to ignore it, if you've done a reasonable job pleasing everyone, it's an occasional complaint, and nothing is blocking any paths or routes. I've been running a 5 star resort for a few weeks now, I get those complaints on occasion, but my rating hasn't dropped.

anything