Author Topic: Twilight Dynasty - Please Move to Graveyard  (Read 6690 times)

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
Twilight Dynasty - Please Move to Graveyard
« on: October 12, 2014, 04:00:43 PM »
In the Beginning . . .

. . . there were two strange children.

Their names were Thana Azokka and Ilene Azokka. One was darkness, one was light, and both were eternal, easily distracted children who spent their lives playing with their creations, one out of desire for control, the other simply wanting to bring a little more joy into the world.

For several hundred years the sisters were separated in an attempt by Ilene to complete an immortal dynasty and, somehow, teach Thana a little restraint. The former region was met with resounding success, the latter--well, Thana assembled an alien army and nearly conquered the world. Her evil general was stopped only by the unstoppable epicness of butterfly astronaut Mikayla Elysi.

It took several hundred years for Ilene to be reunited with Thana, and the good child was alarmed to find that the evil girl was up to new tricks: tormenting the Moonstone family, organizing the criminal underground of Sunlit Tides, camping her force in Lunar Lakes--after dismantling her sister's organizations, Ilene proposed a new outlet for their energies: another immortal dynasty.

It would be a mixture of darkness and light, the work of the two children--with a little help from their butlers and commanders, of course.

The founder was created, town selected, and the dynasty commenced--after a game of tag.

And so Dalya Twilight was unceremoniously dropped into a depressingly beautiful isolated town.

That's how I ended up here. Apparently.

"Dalya," a voice echoed, "welcome to Midnight Hollow. You know the rules--you and your kid will live forever while everyone you love dies, lots of long nights sculpting alone, no family time whatsoever, at a certain point I'm going to put you in the basement and you'll just watch a lot of black-and-white romance movies and reminisce about the good old days--"

"Thana!" another voice reproached. "Dalya, dear, don't worry about a thing, we've done this before. Except that this time instead of moving in a legion of helpers you're going to have to rely on your spouse and children to take care of all the dynasty stuff. Just avoid the vampires and you'll be just fine."

"What?! Everyone else gets a helper!" I shouted. "What am I, a dirt particle? Or a vampire? Don't you dare treat me like a vampire!"

"By the fires of Magmarath, you've given it a fixation," the first chimed in. "It's the butterfly fool all over again! First the aliens, now vampires, I feel like you're just targeting my side of the occult at this point--"

"Ciao, sweetheart! Thana, do you want to zoom over to Isla? You know Bree throws a great party . . ." The voices faded away, leaving me alone.

"Oh dear," I sighed. "I suppose it's time to get down to business . . . to defeat . . . the sun . . ."

The hunt for the quest of the vampire begins at Twilight.

Not the novels. 

Hsssss.
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
Re: The Twilight Dynasty
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2014, 04:03:48 PM »
Alright!  Another Azokka dynasty!  Looking forward to this one  ;D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2014, 04:06:18 PM »
You live! I'm glad you do.

I truly can't wait to see what you have in store for us. :)
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2014, 03:54:43 PM »
Oh my, another Azo-chan dynasty. Well this does sound intriguing. Dalya is darling. I adore her look.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline ManiSims

• Occult
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2014, 06:08:31 PM »
Haha, I loved your other dynasties Azokka (I think I was a silent reader at the time) so this one must be interesting. :D

Also, unrelated side note, is your username from A:TLA? I love that show and just noticed it...  ::)

Offline AnnaSimmery1234

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2014, 09:03:59 AM »
Yay! Another Azokka dynasty!

Offline kaylas

• Amateur Food Blogger and Gamer Girl!
  • Townie
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2014, 05:05:55 PM »
This, I like!  ;D  I hope it will be a good as the Elysi's, shucks, I know it will! Bookmarked!
Traits: Natural Cook, Animal Lover, Computer Whiz, Bookworm, Friendly, Ambitious (From University Degree: Science and Medicine)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Annabec

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2014, 06:26:35 PM »
Yay, another Azokka dynasty! Dalya is adorable, I love her xD

Offline lepapillonrouge

• Probably Erratic
  • Townie
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2014, 03:56:59 AM »
I remember your last dynasty...I'm excited for this one as well. Good luck!

Offline Brooke.

• Oh, burn!
  • Occult
  • No sweeties for you, my little cupcakes.
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2014, 06:54:27 AM »
I've read your other dynasty so I'm excited to be reading your new one from the beginning  ;D
Life State Dynasty: The Blackburns In Monte Vista (Complete)
Domination Dynasty: Down With Lamps: Djinn Takeover (Complete)

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2014, 10:37:46 AM »
Can't wait for this to start!

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
A Bat and a Moon Passing in the Ship
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2014, 01:44:12 PM »
Thank you, everyone who commented! Apologies for the huge gap between the first post and this one, and hopefully future posts will not be so greatly spaced out since the school workload is decreasing. (And ManiSims, it is a combination of Azula and Sokka. Pretty magical, right?)

A Bat and A Moon Passing in the Ship

Hello! Dalya Twilight here, (testing testing bat ears seal) in the Twilight Dynasty! I have been in Midnight Hollow, a magical world of vaguely different shades of grey, for approximately 10 minutes. Finally, it became prudent to find a husband.

Such luck! At the park lay a group of roommates, three of whom were male, and two of whom were good-looking. One of them was younger, and he had great potential to be pretty . . . but . . .

Every step you take . . . every move you make . . . I'll be watching you.

"Hello mortal. How doth your life goeth?"

He looked vaguely uncomfortable and leaned away slightly. It's going well!

"For realsies, I'm Dalya Twilight. Purple hair extraordinaire, at your service. Soooo what's your moniker little bird?"

Again, his face changed--this time to a little incredulity followed by a smile. "I am Hyun-Moon, at your service, Ms. Twilight. Are you new to Midnight Hollow?"

"In physicality, if not spirit."

"Yes, this place tends to attract the . . . strange and wonderful."

"Well," I dragged it to the point, "why don't you watch this cat video, then we can discuss the city's sights over at my place?"

Once we made it back to the lot, it was merely a game of cat and mouse.

"Look, Moony, you're pretty cute but if I can't have a legion of indentured helpers I'm going to need a spouse immediately, and the Watchers don't really care if it's you or the toymaker. So, what do you say?"

His answer was simplicity itself.

I suppose I'm lovable like that.

I couldn't be sure that Hyun-Moon would have been my first choice if my life wasn't a dynasty, but I could know that I wasn't sorry to have him by my side today.

"So, Moony, why don't I use your money to build a hovel then I can sleep while you start painting?"

It didn't take long (three hours, at a guess) for the paparazzi to figure out about Hyun-Moon's change in residence. Because of Moony's position in the popular band Stars on Earth wild speculation surfaced: the band was breaking up, Hyun-Moon's long-lost relative had shown up, and--finally--they found out about Ms. Dalya Twilight.

Unfortunately there weren't a whole lot of walls.

The next few days passed easy-peasy pumpkin pie. I joined the business corporation in town, bought a sculpting station, and ate a lot of cereal. Hyun-Moon rarely slept or ate, so we were truly a bat and moon passing in the ship.

Finally, I insisted on a night on the town, and we splurged on a lovely dinner at the local bistro.

To be honest, after the initial ooooh I was experiencing a little ehhhh--should I really marry the man or just have a kid and cordial friendship? Contrary to popular belief, I am not one to rush into things--but thirty seconds into the date decided the matter for me.

I dropped to one knee, pulled out the little black box, and opened it.

"Now can't you see that you belong to me?"

"What?"

"Never mind, just marry me!"

I regretted nothing.

And Moony was right: after the initial ehhhh, Midnight Hollow had become aaah. The beautiful mist, mysterious trees, red sunsets and scarlet moon--it was intoxicating.

Several days after the proposal, I came home to a real house, with walls and furniture and a shower and stuff! I took this as a sign that it was time to seal the deal.

I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2014, 01:50:24 PM »
Aww, that really was cute that Dayla ended up falling for Moony  :)

Offline Brooke.

• Oh, burn!
  • Occult
  • No sweeties for you, my little cupcakes.
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2014, 02:32:26 PM »
Hyun-Moon is gorgeous and I always pick him as a spouse. Poor Nadia looks like she's trying to get his attention but Dalya wins  ;)
Life State Dynasty: The Blackburns In Monte Vista (Complete)
Domination Dynasty: Down With Lamps: Djinn Takeover (Complete)

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2014, 03:34:33 PM »
Hurray for love and the beginnings of a proper house! :D

And wow does Midnight Hollow look nice during a rainstorm.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded