Author Topic: Baby Boomer III: How Big is Your Family Tree?  (Read 67893 times)

Chuckles_82

Re: Baby Boomer III: How Big is Your Family Tree?
« Reply #600 on: August 11, 2011, 05:54:38 AM »
What age does the marathon runner challenge add your extra life to? If so, does this count as strategy, or as not allowed? Also, while I was trying to work out where it adds the extra life span to, I found on the wiki that being vegetarian also increases your life span. Again, where, and is this allowed?

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #601 on: August 11, 2011, 05:59:54 AM »
What age does the marathon runner challenge add your extra life to? If so, does this count as strategy, or as not allowed? Also, while I was trying to work out where it adds the extra life span to, I found on the wiki that being vegetarian also increases your life span. Again, where, and is this allowed?

All these things are said to extend the Elder lifespan, to some extent, it's not approved. But they definitely have absolutely no impact on YA and Adult lifespans.
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Members with at least 5 posts do not see ads on this Forum.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #602 on: August 11, 2011, 06:10:36 AM »

This even is closed.  You can play it for your own amusement, but no more scores are being accepted, so it doesn't really matter at this point what is allowed for the challenge.  Plus, unless i something is specifically banned in any challenge, that means it's allowed.  Try doing a search on the Forum for your questions.  I'm positive they've already been discussed in great detail.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #603 on: August 11, 2011, 06:13:23 AM »
This even is closed.  You can play it for your own amusement, but no more scores are being accepted, so it doesn't really matter at this point what is allowed for the challenge.  Plus, unless i something is specifically banned in any challenge, that means it's allowed.  Try doing a search on the Forum for your questions.  I'm positive they've already been discussed in great detail.

We had a recent discussion on this subject here. :)
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Chuckles_82

« Reply #604 on: August 11, 2011, 08:39:53 AM »
Thanks Chronic :) I didn't see a mention of it in this thread, so I figured I'd ask. [Edit: That was some awesome discussion :) I too, like the maths behind the game and to see how it all works]

I like playing the challenges for my 'own amusement', but I can't compare my score if I don't follow the same rules now, can I? Who knows? There might be another one next year. I'm getting in some good practice on the challenges I enjoy, and learning quite a lot of new tid-bits along the way - especially about traits I don't normally play with/like. On the whole my strategy has already been fairly sound, so it intrigues me to learn what gives the best players the edge.

A forum search tool would indeed be very useful for finding such information! Google isn't always the best option for finding something specific in a thead or even the whole forum.

Offline SimPoseyYum

• Occult
« Reply #605 on: August 11, 2011, 09:11:07 AM »
I thought I was the only one playing closed Challenges, Chuckles!  Working through them introduces new gameplay ideas and strategies I may never have thought of.  It also helps me learn where the bugs and glitches are before I run into them (and often helps me avoid them later).  Like you, I adhere strictly to the rules.  It's really the only way to determine how I would have done had I actually participated.  And, like you, I consider it good practice for next year's Challenges. 

I tried this one (BBIII) but simbabies and I don't get along at all, especially when they come in multiples  ;D

Chuckles_82

« Reply #606 on: August 11, 2011, 09:37:34 AM »
On the whole I don't mind them (often times my [real] toddler will wake up and add to the screaming). Although I can sympathise with some people about the music... chilli chilli wumba is stuck in my head again, and I can't get it out!!

Offline PJSim

• Immortal
  • It's a girl!
« Reply #607 on: August 11, 2011, 10:13:41 AM »
A forum search tool would indeed be very useful ...

There is a forum search tool where you can search by board. Look at the blue bar at the top of the page, click "Search".

Chuckles_82

« Reply #608 on: August 11, 2011, 05:55:31 PM »
Awesome! When did they put that there...  ::) ... :-[ I feel a bit silly that I never saw that before. I guess the custom google search at the top tricked me into thinking there wasn't another one. I'll certainly be using that a lot more now!!!