When I originally read the rules for this challenge, I was blown away. It sounds so hard! But I'm thinking of doing it now that I'm a little more experienced with the ins and outs of the game. I just read the entire thread and I want to double check on these things.
1. WA cash registers can be added to the property an heir is trying to upgrade. This way nectar makers, septarian nodules, etc can be bought without going on vacation.
2. The founder does not have to marry a townie because he/she IS a townie. However, all heirs must move into a new townie home.
3. Using Edit Town to move an heir with completed requirements into a townie home is banned.
4. Books found/stolen--but not bought--from a WA location can be grown by Omni Plant and these books can count as a collection.
5. Money bags count as a collection.
6. Rewards from school count as a collection.
7. Gems and metals count as two separate collections.
8. No heir can max another heir's SuperMax skill, but other household members aren't held to this restriction.
9. Duplicate items in a collection are allowed.
10. NPC's no longer count towards the NPC requirement if they move in with you.
11. Household members can count as Best Friends.
Correct me if I am wrong with any of these and add anything I may have missed. I just think it would be nice to condense all the questions and answers in this thread to one post.
I have additional questions as well.
1. With Gardening, would the Omni Plant books count as a "fruit" collection or a "book" collection (written by a household sim) or would it be a separate collection altogether? Also, does the money bag collection count as "fruit" collection? For example, could I leave money bags as one and Life Fruits as another collection?
2. With household members' friendships, I imagine each member can only be counted once? If mom, dad, and heir are all best friends with the heir's sibling, that sibling counts as one best friend requirement. However, mom, dad, and sibling (as long as someone in the house has a best friend status with them) each count for one best friend, three total. I'm also assuming that the heir cannot count as a best friend for the household. Correct?
3. For the NPC requirement, is it correct that the NPC must make a visit to the home AS a friend, or can they visit and then become friends later via phone?
4. Do space rocks count as their own collection, or would they be included in either gems or metals?
5. Is the My Best Friend allowed as long as you move the Simbot out immediately?
6. Are we allowed to add lots from Generations, Town Life, or the EA Store (Gothique Library)? I mention this because in Riverview before Nightlife lots are added, there are exactly eight properties. What I mean is that if you don't want to add Nightlife lots, there aren't enough lots for the ownership requirement in Riverview for this challenge.
7. Are seed spawners allowed to be placed in Barnacle Bay? I don't mean like a hoard in one place, but maybe some sort of outline to go on. Something like, no more than four on one lot, no more than three of the same kind on one lot, and no more than ten lots can be edited for this purpose. It would require using buydebug, but that would free up another neighborhood for people to play in if they really want to pursue Gardening.
I know this is a lot of stuff and I'm going to thank you all ahead of time for looking at this big list of mine.