Author Topic: Faire Folk Life set  (Read 4132 times)

Offline MegTrog

• Llama Wrangler
Faire Folk Life set
« on: March 09, 2010, 07:20:25 PM »
I've been away for a bit, since I've been too busy to play.  Recently, I started up again, and wandered over to the store, in case any of the sets I had my eye on had gone down in price or something (it could happen!).  And then I saw the Faire Folk stuff.  Oh, my goodness, how cute is this set?  And how expensive!  $18 for just 39 items - I could buy High End Loft for that much!  Or $10 if I just want the outfits, but that's only 19 items.  Aargh.  This is what bugs me about the store.  Pricing things in points sounds so innocuous until you convert it to dollars.  I could spend a fortune on there if I wasn't careful.

Anyway, while I've not splurged on anything yet, I know I want the Faire Folk things to create a fairy tale family for my town. 

Two questions: is it possible to create a family and move them in without switching the active household?  I don't want to play a new family, I just want some kooky neighbours, and my active household is a legacy, so I can't switch around. 

2nd Question, do you get any Sims Store points if you buy High End Loft.  I think I might buy Faire Folk instead of High End Loft, but if you get store points than I may as well buy the stuff-pack and use the points to discount Faire Folk.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Faire Folk Life set
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2010, 02:59:14 AM »
I've ordered High End stuff and should hopefully be here by Friday and you can move families into houses through Edit Town Mode, which will just add them as Neighbors.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2010, 03:35:17 AM »
MegTrog,

Your two questions are unrelated to the title of this topic.  Please start new topics for them so that all topics on the forum remain clearly titled and easy to browse.  Thanks!

And by the way, I thought the Faire Folk Life set was very cute, too.  If I had spare money right now, I'd buy it  :D
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline AriaGirl77

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2010, 12:18:39 PM »
Yup, LOVE that fairy folk set!  So adorable!

Back in The Sims 1 days, I had a whole family who were fairies and they lived outside.  I downloaded some CC that gave them all wings and cool outfits.  Then of course my game crashed due to all the cc and I haven't had fairies since.  :(

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2010, 12:21:02 PM »
I did that with Sims 2 but with Elves (Plantsims). I don't know why. I just like elves.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline AriaGirl77

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2010, 01:00:03 PM »
Totally miss pointed ears in Sims 3.

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
  • "Sh! Be quiet! The nutters are out to get me."
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2010, 11:48:55 PM »
I did that with Sims 2 but with Elves (Plantsims). I don't know why. I just like elves.

Yay for people who like Elves! My favorite part about Sims 2 was the pointed ear face! If you just slightly adjusted that face then it looked perfect on any Sim! I've never had PlantSims though... anyways I completely understand how the fairy stuff in the store seems so expensive! Some stuff that I've really wanted are over 1000 points! I just have to keep telling myself that it's not worth all the hassle of getting all those items because I've noticed most things in the store aren't what they seem to be, especially with hair.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.