Author Topic: Unable to connect to Origin.  (Read 17052 times)

Offline wednesday21

• Lurker
  • Occult
  • Joker is slightly amused.
Unable to connect to Origin.
« on: February 11, 2012, 11:45:47 AM »
Hi,

I'm getting an error message whenever I open the launcher; "Unable to connect to Origin". I have Origin installed but not updated*, could this be causing the problem? I have no big issues with store items or downloading from the store whatsoever but the error is somewhat annoying. The game is patched up to 1.29 and all add-ons are installed. Also have plenty of mods and custom content.

Thanks.

* -I don't know how to update Origin.

Offline MoonsAreBlue

• Infatuated Fanatic
  • Watcher
Re: Unable to connect to Origin.
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2012, 11:58:04 AM »
A lot of people have this problem but don't really know what to do about it. Some people get this error even if Origin is updated. Updating is really easy though. Just open Origin and it will tell you if there is a new patch. I think it's in the form of a popup so if you launch Origin and it doesn't tell you there's a new update, then don't worry about it. I'm updated and sometimes I get the "unable to connect" error and sometimes I don't.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline wednesday21

• Lurker
  • Occult
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2012, 12:47:01 PM »
I always get this error.

Just like you said, I opened Origin and got the offer to update it - looks like I was using a pretty early version. Albeit that didn't help. I'm still getting the error when I open the launcher.

Side question: why does it need to connect to Origin anyway?

Offline MoonsAreBlue

• Infatuated Fanatic
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2012, 01:01:23 PM »
I'm not sure why it needs to connect to Origin, but I know that if you download a patch and Origin is not updated, it may cause problems when installing the patch. I think it may have been patch 1.26 that this specifically happened with.

Offline alex51299

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2012, 01:02:55 PM »
My game always has that message and it hasn't affected my game or computer at all. I suggest that you just ignore it. You may have to get the patches manually though, although that isn't too hard.
If at first you don't succeed, call it version 1.0.

Offline wednesday21

• Lurker
  • Occult
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2012, 01:06:17 PM »
My game always has that message and it hasn't affected my game or computer at all. I suggest that you just ignore it. You may have to get the patches manually though, although that isn't too hard.

I always get the manual cumulative patches. I find it easier that way, as I can play the game while the browser downloads the patch file.

Offline alex51299

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2012, 01:07:50 PM »
I always get the manual cumulative patches. I find it easier that way, as I can play the game while the browser download the patch file.
Okay so you should be good to go!  :D
If at first you don't succeed, call it version 1.0.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Unicorngirl12345

• Nooboo
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2012, 03:21:03 PM »
ok so it says when i open the launcher "UNABLE TO CONNECT TO ORIGIN" and then like one of you said to ignore it i clicked ok and tried to play the game. it said "NO DISC FOUND. PLEASE INSERT DISC AND TRY AGAIN" BUT the disc IS in there so what do i do??????????

anything