Author Topic: I need 50K  (Read 2613 times)

Offline Delgar

• Townie
I need 50K
« on: May 05, 2010, 01:15:54 PM »
Is it possible to make 50k in one week with no career? If so what is the best way to tackle this?

Thanks in advance

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: I need 50K
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2010, 02:09:38 PM »
 There are lots of ways to make money through skills:  writing, painting, playing guitar for tips, breaking space rocks on the board breaker - I think photography as well, but haven't tried that one.  I think it is possible to make $50,000 or more with any of these at a high level of skill.  As to which one is best, I think that depends on the traits you give your sim as well as your personal preference.

Edit:  I forgot to add, Carl's Sims 3 guide has a lot of useful information on all these skills and how to use them to get rich.

[Edited to add a link to the guide.  -Pam]

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Members with at least 5 posts do not see ads on this Forum.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • Ravensgate Legacy Official Website
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2010, 03:22:30 PM »
If you don't want to go the long route, then you could cheat  :o ...

My Formula
ctrl+shift+c
motherlode
enter
= + $50,000
 ;D

Offline TommyT

• Occult
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2010, 03:23:09 PM »
Assuming you're starting with no skills, I would say collecting and learning to play guitar for tips should get you 50K in a week.  Or you could pickup martial arts and break spacerock blocks for gems.  That'll get you 50K in a couple days.

Offline Swede1992

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2010, 06:04:33 PM »
Especially if you're not counting your China trip as your sim won't age during it. Then I would say that's the most obvious way short of cheating.
Manbearpig simply wants to get you. I'm super cereal. - Al Gore :)
There is no absolute truth, but the Forum Rules still come pretty close. Pay them a visit.

Offline Delgar

• Townie
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2010, 07:29:44 AM »
Thanks.

Due to the challenge I was participating in I can't take vacations. But one of my sims had enough LTH for the collection helper so I did some hardcore collecting and managed to earn well over 50 K. :)