Author Topic: I need 50K  (Read 4409 times)

Offline Delgar

• Townie
I need 50K
« on: May 05, 2010, 01:15:54 PM »
Is it possible to make 50k in one week with no career? If so what is the best way to tackle this?

Thanks in advance

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: I need 50K
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2010, 02:09:38 PM »
 There are lots of ways to make money through skills:  writing, painting, playing guitar for tips, breaking space rocks on the board breaker - I think photography as well, but haven't tried that one.  I think it is possible to make $50,000 or more with any of these at a high level of skill.  As to which one is best, I think that depends on the traits you give your sim as well as your personal preference.

Edit:  I forgot to add, Carl's Sims 3 guide has a lot of useful information on all these skills and how to use them to get rich.

[Edited to add a link to the guide.  -Pam]

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2010, 03:22:30 PM »
If you don't want to go the long route, then you could cheat  :o ...

My Formula
ctrl+shift+c
motherlode
enter
= + $50,000
 ;D
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline TommyT

• Occult
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2010, 03:23:09 PM »
Assuming you're starting with no skills, I would say collecting and learning to play guitar for tips should get you 50K in a week.  Or you could pickup martial arts and break spacerock blocks for gems.  That'll get you 50K in a couple days.

Offline Swede1992

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2010, 06:04:33 PM »
Especially if you're not counting your China trip as your sim won't age during it. Then I would say that's the most obvious way short of cheating.
Manbearpig simply wants to get you. I'm super cereal. - Al Gore :)
There is no absolute truth, but the Forum Rules still come pretty close. Pay them a visit.

Offline Delgar

• Townie
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2010, 07:29:44 AM »
Thanks.

Due to the challenge I was participating in I can't take vacations. But one of my sims had enough LTH for the collection helper so I did some hardcore collecting and managed to earn well over 50 K. :)