Author Topic: Making Ambrosia...Please help!  (Read 3768 times)

javonne87

Making Ambrosia...Please help!
« on: April 18, 2012, 03:52:16 AM »
Hi Everyone!

Acquiring the recipes for Ambrosia is very time consuming. I've searched all around the cemetery (with The Collector) to find seeds to plant the Life Plant, but I have yet to plant one...after 10 tries. But the most frustrating part is that I've maxed out my Gardening and Fishing and I can't catch any of the fish that are needed to catch the Death Fish for the Ambrosia recipe. I bought cheese to catch the Alley Catfish...fail. So, I just bought the fish from the grocery store. So, I use to Alley Catfish to catch the Angel Fish and still to no avail. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. And when I use The Collector, is makes whatever seed, fish, etc. glow. So, I click on the part of the pond that's glowing, click "Fish with Alley Catfish (Angel Fish)" and the icon in the corner pops up, but within seconds disappears so my Sim won't fish. Is there something that I'm missing????

javonne87

Re: Making Ambrosia...Please help!
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2012, 04:13:13 AM »
I thought the point was to aim for where you see most the fish swimming, but everytime I click on that spot, the icon in the upper left hand corner disappears!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2012, 04:23:52 AM »
First up, have you checked the water to make sure that the correct fish are in that particular pond? Next, for the seeds, are you collecting the special seeds? These can usually be found around the graveyard and the science facility (you are in Sunset Valley I presume) As for the icon to fish, sometimes if you have special seeds in your inventory, this happens. take any seeds out of your inventory and put them on the ground.
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

javonne87

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2012, 04:28:31 AM »
Yes, I've done all of that, including taking the seeds out of my inventory like you suggest ...nothing. I'm so confused...Oh, btw, I finally have a Life Plant, but I just can't catch an Angel Fish to save my life.

Offline Twinmum

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2012, 04:33:51 AM »
I've found the best place for Angel fish is the pond up near the waterfall. I really don't know what to suggest, if you have the bait, have a high level in fishing and are fishing in the right spot... you do have ally catfish to use as bait don't you? You may have used all your bait fish in cooking maybe?
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations

javonne87

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2012, 04:42:05 AM »
Nope, haven't cooked fish at all :-/ and yeah, skills are maxed out. My Sim has read all the books about catching fish. Oh well, guess my Sims boyfriend is just gonna stay a ghost ::)

Offline Twinmum

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2012, 04:45:17 AM »
What I'm getting at is do you have the bait in your inventory? Just because the option is there when you click on the pond doesn't mean you have any of that bait left. It just means that the last time you fished, you used that bait.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2012, 04:57:53 AM »
There's also a fishing bug where the fishing action will cancel itself when you try to fish with bait.  If that's what is happening, you can just use the Lure as bait.  Another good spot for Angelfish is the park between the Alto and Landgraab houses up on the hill.  If you see that it has Angelfish when you check the water, you'll get one eventually.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2012, 07:36:47 AM »
I have caught deathfish on multiple occasions without ever using the bait feature.  Just take your fishing Sim to the graveyard between midnight and 5 am to tell them to fish in the pool.  Don't worry about angelfish or anything like that.  Just fish with Lure after midnight and before 5 am.  The pool will disappear at 5 am so it's better to start trying right after midnight. 

As for the life plants, I have great success with the special seeds up by the Alto and Landgraab residences on both sides of what's known as the dynasty/legacy lot.  If you have pets, it may have the equestrian center placed there.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Jeeb

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2012, 10:58:49 AM »
I have caught deathfish on multiple occasions without ever using the bait feature.  Just take your fishing Sim to the graveyard between midnight and 5 am to tell them to fish in the pool.  Don't worry about angelfish or anything like that.  Just fish with Lure after midnight and before 5 am.  The pool will disappear at 5 am so it's better to start trying right after midnight. 

This ^

I've never used bait for anything.