Author Topic: My Sim won't go to work.  (Read 50701 times)

Offline thesimslover828

• Playing The Sims 3 again, WooHoo!!!
  • Immortal
  • Death To The Visitors, V Is For Victory
My Sim won't go to work.
« on: April 23, 2012, 10:30:39 PM »
She just stands there and now I click the icon on the career tab and it flashes up then disappears.
We are of peace, always but this is war.
We are of peace, always.
We'll help build a resistance. We have to fight.

When all you've ever loved has been stolen from you, sometimes all you have left is revenge.
For the truly wronged, satisfaction can be found in one of two places,  absolute forgiveness or mortal vindication. This is not a story about forgiveness. When deception cuts this deep, someone has to pay.

Offline CSquared2

• Watcher
  • Got nooboo?
Re: My Sim won't go to work.
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2012, 10:45:26 PM »
I've never had this problem with work before, but sometimes with other tasks.  Can you ask her to go somewhere else, like inside if she's outside or vice versa, then give her the command?  Or, can you ask her to go to a spot on or near her job lot, then tell her to work when she arrives there?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline thesimslover828

• Immortal
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2012, 11:57:14 PM »
I've never had this problem with work before, but sometimes with other tasks.  Can you ask her to go somewhere else, like inside if she's outside or vice versa, then give her the command?  Or, can you ask her to go to a spot on or near her job lot, then tell her to work when she arrives there?
Yep she follows commands to other places, and I've reset her to.
We are of peace, always.

When all you've ever loved has been stolen from you, sometimes all you have left is revenge.
For the truly wronged, satisfaction can be found in one of two places,  absolute forgiveness or mortal vindication. This is not a story about forgiveness. When deception cuts this deep, someone has to pay.

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2012, 01:39:40 AM »
Did you try clicking on her place of work?

Offline thesimslover828

• Immortal
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2012, 02:30:14 AM »
Did you try clicking on her place of work?
Yes, I made her quit then get the job again, she was only at level 1. She hasn't even worked at her job yet because she got pregnant, it was her day to work after her maternity leave.
We are of peace, always.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2012, 09:01:46 PM »
Was this ever resolved for you?   Also I'm going to move it over to Miscellaneous Help in case it hasn't been.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline thesimslover828

• Immortal
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2012, 09:31:32 PM »
Was this ever resolved for you?   Also I'm going to move it over to Miscellaneous Help in case it hasn't been.
Nope she still can't go to work.
Edit: The odd thing is her husband can go to work, but even he glitched.
We are of peace, always.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

hope_alive

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2012, 10:35:42 PM »
It seems that a female sim, who has a baby, can't go to work until the child is near the child stage.

She should get paid for maternity leave. Has that happened?

(Not sure if this will help. Just saying on what happened to my sim.)

Offline thesimslover828

• Immortal
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2012, 09:28:46 PM »
It seems that a female sim, who has a baby, can't go to work until the child is near the child stage.

She should get paid for maternity leave. Has that happened?

(Not sure if this will help. Just saying on what happened to my sim.)
Her child is a toddler, but it says she needs to go to work but the interaction quits. She got maternity leave but it's only 4 or 5 days.
We are of peace, always.

hope_alive

« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2012, 09:42:32 PM »
Her child is a toddler, but it says she needs to go to work but the interaction quits. She got maternity leave but it's only 4 or 5 days.
Does she have the missing from work thing that you buy with the points. (forgot what you call them.) Other then that, it is weird.

Does she like her job? Or hate it?

Offline thesimslover828

• Immortal
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2012, 10:02:50 PM »
Does she have the missing from work thing that you buy with the points. (forgot what you call them.) Other then that, it is weird.

Does she like her job? Or hate it?
Nope I hadn't bought her that. It was her first day and it said missing work.
We are of peace, always.

loveSims

My Sim won't go to work.
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2012, 04:25:26 AM »
Since showtime there can be problems with work outfits. Take her to CAH and delete all work outfits. Let her wear the default outfit.

KhloroformKourtney

« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2012, 08:41:44 AM »
I've had this problem a few times. But it would happen when my sims were at level 7 at their job. I would reset them, click on place of work, even have them go to the lot and they still wouldn't go to work. They would lose job performance so I ended up quitting that job and starting a new one. I never had problems before Showtime.

Offline TaliaSimmySim

• Townie
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2012, 05:36:36 PM »
I've had this problem to but I don't own show time, I own late night. I didn't have any problems until I installed late night. I'm so close to unistalling it because of all the stupid problems I keep having. It's take 30 sim minutes to perform simple actions when the object in question is right in front of them. This work thing I had to. I never could solve it. I just had her quit and join another career which did the same thing. She she's been unemployed ever since and I just mother lode occasionally to fill the money gap. I hope your problem gets solved.

Legacy

« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2012, 08:14:14 AM »
What sometimes works for me is to change the sim into work clothes myself then click on the car/ go to work button. That used to work but it doesn't now. I would try that out. I got this tip off of a similar forum post.
Also it may be too much custom content...?