Author Topic: Sims 3 Pets XBOX 360 questions  (Read 8409 times)

Offline Esme8888

• Nooboo
Sims 3 Pets XBOX 360 questions
« on: May 09, 2012, 09:35:59 PM »
Hello I am a first timer so be gentle :)

This is an amazing site! A couple of questions. The first one being the most important one to me.
1. Can I add a Sim from My Studio (in exchange) to an existing game?
 I want my Sim to meet the Man Sim I created but unfortunately did not make him when I made her!

2. What can I use the jade, emeralds, etc that I dig up or the dog does? Other than selling for a profit any other usage?

3. I have invention bench does it use the scrap metal in my inventory to make things? Or should I just sell that stuff my dog is a master skilled digger so I have loads.

Thank you in advance for helping :)

ESME8888

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Sims 3 Pets XBOX 360 questions
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2012, 10:04:26 PM »
Welcome to the forum Esme.
Now I only play the PC version, so I can't really answer the question on importing Sims from your studio.
As for the question on gems and scrap, I'm guessing that these would behave much the same way across the different platforms (someone with an XBox will hopefully correct me if I'm wrong). In the PC version, there isn't a lot to do with gems and such beside getting them cut (or smelted if it's a metal)  and then selling for a higher price - generally cut gems are worth more than uncut ones. There is also the option for tranfiguration - do you have the display case that can be used for that on the XBox? Here is a link to the guide about transfiguration.
As for the scrap metal, yes that is used when using the invention bench. It is also used when sculpting in metal (if you don't have any in your inventory, you can click on the inventing bench to buy scrap).
I hope this helps. As I said, this is how things are for the PC version, but I'm guessing there isn't a lot of difference.
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Breerents

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2012, 10:06:07 PM »
1.No unfortunately, you can only use the sims in your studio for new games.
2.  The gems are basically to sell or you can send them out to get cut and display.  If your dog finds Palladuim(?) it can be used to build a simbot of course you also need a level 10 inventor a heart shaped pink diamond and 10 lifefruits!  My dog is level 10 digger and the best thing he found is Plutonium, which is worth over 1000 simoleons.  Still looking for the other stuff, which I hear is very rare.
3. The scap metal in your inventory I assume you got from digging thru the trash bins.  Yes that is used for inventing stuff.

I am having fun with this game, despite a few glitches.  The best thing so far for me is having my digger dog.  He makes more $ than the human sims in one dig!  Has you dog recieved the "awesome fetch" reward yet??  Its great because once a day your sim can tell him to fetch something awesome.  (I guess it means steal.)  He'll come back with a tv, laptop or expensive statue.  I love that :)
I play on Xbox 360.

Offline Esme8888

• Nooboo
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2012, 10:43:53 PM »
Thanks so much for the great responses. So if I understand correctly based on the reading I have done. If I created a dog and Sim and want her to Marry a Sim to have a 2nd gen family. I am stuck w the guys the game created because I did not include him from the beginning when I made the Sim Family. Boy that stinks I am way too far along to stop. i just need her to procreate and keep the money in the family LOL!  Yes my dog is fetching sooo cool! He fetched me a toothbrush not too awesome yet.
ESME8888

Offline Esme8888

• Nooboo
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2012, 10:53:27 PM »
One more newbie question. if I marry Vincent Gilman who is in the game and we move in together will my stuff go with me I have top of the line items :)
ESME8888

anything