Author Topic: The Sims 3: Supernatural - Officially Announced!  (Read 165002 times)

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
Re: The Sims 3: Supernatural - Officially Announced!
« Reply #165 on: June 13, 2012, 04:35:35 PM »
This is diffidently one EP I'm looking forward to.
And as much as the EP, I'm looking forward to the stories that will be created from this EP by all the great writers on this forum. :)
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

Online MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #166 on: June 13, 2012, 04:37:34 PM »
I do understand what you mean about finishing your dynasty. Right now, I'm pretty optimistic, since Showtime has worked well except for SimPort, which I don't have to use. I can forego wedding gifts, although I think it would be a hoot to get something mundane like a microwave from a werewolf.

Anyway, the main reason I'm posting is to mention the community blog, which is going to tell us more about the EP over the next couple of months. I started reading this a while ago, and sometimes it's interesting -- like how they came up with the paintings that Sims produce.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #167 on: June 13, 2012, 04:57:37 PM »
I've just updated the first post - quite a few new facts out! Jeana may be interested that one of the Gurus mentioned a "technically yes" to a custom fingernails question...  ;) Leto may like the Child Supernaturals, the blog I linked to said Werewolf Children who howl and scratch around!  ;D I really recommend you all read the blog as that has some interesting stuff about how the game will work in it.

It shows that for North America it will be released Sept 4th for $39.99
You're the one who put the stuff on the front page!  It says right there in the blurb for zombies - you can also concoct an elixir to return them to normal.

It's $39.99 US for the Limited Edition EP with all the PvZ stuff.  I'm a big fan of PvZ and I could totally see myself putting a bucket on my favorite red guy's head before I shove him down another mining hole.    I'm having trouble actually pre-ordering through origin right now so I haven't been able to squeeze any more info out on if the non limited edition will be cheaper.  It looks like they're not fully ready to actually let you do it.

Thank you! I assume that is the same for US and Canada? That's so unfair that it comes out on my Birthday where you are but comes out three days later for me!  :(

Lol, I've seen so much info on this EP from the editing in new stuff that I'm forgetting it all now, Lol! So much awesome, so little time! I might leave it a little while before ordering in case another site offers it cheaper or something. I've only looked at Play.com currently.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline folcon

• Immortal
« Reply #168 on: June 13, 2012, 05:37:38 PM »
After this EP comes out, I'll be interested in seeing how it might effect the Monster Maker LTW.  Other than simbots and I believe playable ghosts, I'm not sure which other occults currently qualify to fullfill the wish.  So it will be interesting to see if any of these new ones, most likely either the zombie or the warewolf, will count toward the numbr you need.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #169 on: June 13, 2012, 06:21:36 PM »
I probably wouldn't like the zombies except for the exclusive Plants vs. Zombies content!!  I love that game and it's so funny that they are going to include some of it in this expansion pack.  The werewolves are pretty scary looking, but I'm sure they will be interesting and fun to play.  The fairies are sweet looking with their wings.  This expansion will probably be a bit hit with players.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline jeanamariex3

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • Watcher
    • Jeana's Blog!
« Reply #170 on: June 13, 2012, 06:40:15 PM »
I'm wondering what would be the difference between the Vampires we'll be getting in this EP, and the ones we already have in Late Night? It just seems so odd that EA would include the same creature twice with a new expansion pack.

I knew EA was listening! I remember on this forum and the official ones, people were begging for a controlling strays/celebs/vampires button, and now EA is giving it to us! As I said before, I've been able to do this stuff long before EA provided it, (with mods), but even when I did it, I felt like it was unfair that I had that ability to do so, but someone that wanted to keep their games clean (forum member or not), couldn't.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #171 on: June 13, 2012, 07:18:57 PM »
I'm ridiculously excited about the content of the EP itself.

The fact that I can control vampire populations and celebrity/paparazzi populations just makes it so much better!

Now I can, in fact, have that sleepy little town with no celebrities!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline FrostFlower

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #172 on: June 13, 2012, 07:23:44 PM »
This is the best news I've heard in awhile. If we really can control the vampire/celebrity systems, I can finally buy Late Night as well as this one! I'm so glad they're going to fix that.

Offline ladybug53

• Watcher
« Reply #173 on: June 13, 2012, 07:33:39 PM »

That's so unfair that it comes out on my Birthday where you are but comes out three days later for me!  :(

I'll play my first game in honor of your Birthday !  :)
Memories have no expiration date .
ladybug53's Studio

Offline jeanamariex3

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • Watcher
    • Jeana's Blog!
« Reply #174 on: June 13, 2012, 07:58:14 PM »
I really hope this is something in the vein of Makin' Magic. I was debating on reinstalling my Complete Collection just to play Magic Town again.

One of the SimGuru's hinted a surprise return of something that was in Making Magic! I vaguely remember TS1, and Making Magic was the only thing keeping my (faint) memory of TS1!

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #175 on: June 13, 2012, 08:04:32 PM »
I'm having trouble actually pre-ordering through origin right now so I haven't been able to squeeze any more info out on if the non limited edition will be cheaper.  It looks like they're not fully ready to actually let you do it.

I'm surprised to hear you had trouble ordering, Rica.  I placed my order this morning and had no trouble.  The confirmation email I received says "Anticipated release date:  null" which seems a bit odd if they've already announced a September release date.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline JudesSims

• Sim Addict - and Proud of It!
  • Watcher
« Reply #176 on: June 13, 2012, 08:06:26 PM »
It said null on Katy Perry too...3 days before release. I think their website script is messed up.

Offline jeanamariex3

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • Watcher
    • Jeana's Blog!
« Reply #177 on: June 13, 2012, 08:44:27 PM »
I think I'm gonna wait for a preorder, until they offer a free stuff pack! That's how I'll get FL and OLS!  ;)

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #178 on: June 13, 2012, 11:55:21 PM »
Sorry if this is off-topic, but does the peashooter shoot peas? As in, the edible kind?
If so, I'm trying to get the Limited Edition.

If not, I'm still getting it for the witches! ;D

Offline jeanamariex3

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • Watcher
    • Jeana's Blog!
« Reply #179 on: June 13, 2012, 11:56:59 PM »
Well guys, I do have some awesome news, for you guys regarding the ear sliders: You have the option to put them on a normal Sim as well!  :D

(I know Tom was extra excited about the elf-ear sliders!)

EDIT: Great news for Pam: You can actually rock your babies to sleep, with this new expansion pack, even reading them a story!

anything