Author Topic: The Sims 3: Supernatural - Officially Announced!  (Read 165003 times)

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 3: Supernatural - Officially Announced!
« Reply #225 on: June 19, 2012, 03:03:59 AM »
9.6 GB of hard drive space if installing with The Sims 3. <This is what is says in the specifications, so is it 9GB?!?  :o

No. It means if you install both Supernatural and The Sims 3 then it will take 9.6GB. Just remember that The Sims 3 is 6.1GB so it will be around 3.5 GB which is the average for an EP I think.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline ladybug53

• Watcher
« Reply #226 on: June 19, 2012, 07:56:11 AM »
The Sims 3 Supernatural Live Chat

Embrace the Supernatural live

Join The Sims 3 Supernatural Producer Megan Myers and Product Manager King Choi for a sneak-peak and Q&A of The Sims 3 Supernatural Tuesday, June 19.

Starting at 10:00 a.m. PST, Megan will unveil the magical and mysterious details on the latest The Sims 3 expansion, as well as taking all your burning questions. Want to make sure you remember? Sign up for a reminder by entering your e-mail in the “Cover It Live” box to your right.

Don’t forget to also tweet @TheSims3 with the hashtag #TS3Supernatural with questions and comments for a random chance at winning a signed The Sims 3 Supernatural poster!

And remember, The Sims 3 Supernatural is set for release this September, so pre-order your copy on Origin today.
Memories have no expiration date .
ladybug53's Studio

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Sunnysabjes

• Occult
  • Insanely serious or seriously insane?
    • Deviant
« Reply #227 on: June 19, 2012, 08:43:36 AM »
Yes I saw that one too. This is the link to the chat: http://www.origin.com/the-sims-3-supernatural-chat

Leto85

« Reply #228 on: June 19, 2012, 12:00:57 PM »
No. It means if you install both Supernatural and The Sims 3 then it will take 9.6GB. Just remember that The Sims 3 is 6.1GB so it will be around 3.5 GB which is the average for an EP I think.

Glad I have decided to reinstall that whole sims space to my other hard drive. C Drive get overloaded with sims stuff in no time. 20 GB of pure sims plus expansions is no acception.
Is it already known if this expansion will show up in every country on the same date?

Offline cathyknits

• Immortal
« Reply #229 on: June 19, 2012, 12:45:07 PM »
Can someone post a summary of the chat when it's over?
Immortal Dynasty: A Bouquet of Blossoms

Offline ladybug53

• Watcher
« Reply #230 on: June 19, 2012, 02:10:19 PM »
I really like what I just saw in the live chat. I will be pre-ordering it to get the Plants verses Zombies as well . It looks like there will be other Live Chats in the future and Blog Posts. It all looks pretty awesome!  Anxious to see fairies fly or see a little pixie. :)
Memories have no expiration date .
ladybug53's Studio

Offline Roxanne07

• Occult
« Reply #231 on: June 19, 2012, 03:25:40 PM »
We can create ghosts in Create-A-Sim! Woot!  :D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #232 on: June 19, 2012, 04:12:25 PM »
Imagine my frustration when I converted the date in PST to NZT, after finding out EA's location, and choosing the right city in the list... only to find out that it was 3 hours ago. >:(

Can someone post a summary of the chat when it's over?

You can watch it all again on the same page:

http://www.origin.com/the-sims-3-supernatural-chat

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #233 on: June 19, 2012, 05:27:47 PM »
I'm fairly certain I'm going to have to make a Manwich now.  Both the food kind and the Sim kind.  SimsVIP has an entire album of screenshots from the live chat.   I had it at fullscreen doing a replay and I kept forgetting it wasn't my screen doing it.

Limited Edition Pack Stuff

Decor Pack for ordering with Origin
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #234 on: June 19, 2012, 07:47:09 PM »
Official picture of the peashooter in action:

Also, SimGuruSarah said they changed their mind and they are updating the store items to work with the new expansion.  For more details, go to this thread on the official TS3 forums.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #235 on: June 20, 2012, 12:05:58 AM »
Peashooters in 3D!!  That is awesome.  :D
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #236 on: June 20, 2012, 02:47:40 AM »
How much more expensive is the Limited Edition, or how much more expensive are they usually? I never bother getting the limited edition but I kind of want this one. :P

Offline Sunnysabjes

• Occult
  • Insanely serious or seriously insane?
    • Deviant
« Reply #237 on: June 20, 2012, 04:08:09 AM »
It seems so cool! I want the limited! Lots of supernaturals to make and I just loved the fairy wings. I still think that the best thing is going to be the lunar cycle. I'm glad it's not just limited to moonlight falls. 

Online MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #238 on: June 20, 2012, 09:04:00 AM »
Usually the limited edition doesn't cost any more; you just have to pre-order it or get it the first day.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Lizzy3272

• Llama Wrangler
  • SSDD
« Reply #239 on: June 20, 2012, 10:04:40 AM »
Hooray for Peashooters looking as awesome as I'd hoped they be!

Also, thank you for posting those pics of the Limited Edition content - which I will definitely be purchasing although I'd hoped there would be more than 3 items!  (Maybe there will be later on.)

I've heard in the Sims 3 Community there wasn't much announced in the Live Chat besides what you already know from reading the first page of this forum...  (I will see for myself hopefully around lunchtime today.)  A few things I saw scrolling through their thread was you can create Ghosts in CAS, Fairies can fly to their destinations, and Werewolves are scared of rolled up newspapers...  Not a breath was mentioned about the vampires and not even a screenshot of the new town was shown.  :(  Kind of lame for a Live Chat - seems like they shouldn't have even bothered yet...

I have a feeling that one of the changes with Vampires will be that they don't have to ask "permission" anymore to feed.  I came to that conclusion based on the Zombie biting the terrified Sim in the Supernatural Trailer - he certainly didn't seem like HE gave permission, and last I checked Zombies weren't so good with the whole "asking" thing (or communication in general)..  So if a Zombie doesn't have to ask, why should a Vampire?!  Wow.  That will certainly make Vampires a LOT funner to play!  My excitement level for this EP just went up about 3 notches.  ;D  Hopefully in another 2 months or so they'll do a real Live Chat.  8)
"The black man fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed..."

anything