Author Topic: The Sims 3: Supernatural - Officially Announced!  (Read 166417 times)

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Re: The Sims 3: Supernatural - Officially Announced!
« Reply #240 on: June 20, 2012, 10:25:26 AM »
I think for Supernatural live chats ,based on the one from yesterday,  each one is only going to give basic information.  Yesterday they showed us the CAS features, alchemy, zombies and talked a little bit about everything else but really nothing substantial.  They already have planned in house to do a load more of these which will go into more details. 

They only announced this EP in the last two weeks which means they're not going to give us everything when it's still another two and a half months away.  There is an official forum thread here where the Gurus are responding to questions and don't forget to check the official blogs.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline warr2098

• Future Neurologist
  • Immortal
« Reply #241 on: June 20, 2012, 10:46:03 AM »
Looked through the questions and answers forum and it says no hybrids..  :'(

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #242 on: June 20, 2012, 10:52:44 AM »
In the chat, they specifically said that hybrids were possible. The only occult you can't do it with is zombies due to their inability to woohoo. But if you want a werewolf-vampire-imaginary friend-fairy, there's nothing stopping you.

Offline Lizzy3272

• Llama Wrangler
  • SSDD
« Reply #243 on: June 20, 2012, 10:56:39 AM »
In the chat, they specifically said that hybrids were possible. The only occult you can't do it with is zombies due to their inability to woohoo. But if you want a werewolf-vampire-imaginary friend-fairy, there's nothing stopping you.

Are you sure?  Because I just looked in the official thread and it says "27. No hybrids. If a werewolf & witch breed, it's either or."
"The black man fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed..."

Offline warr2098

• Future Neurologist
  • Immortal
« Reply #244 on: June 20, 2012, 10:57:22 AM »
Quote from the forum: No hybrids. "If a werewolf & witch breed, it's either" It's annoying when you don't know which information is right!... If only it wasn't so confusing!

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #245 on: June 20, 2012, 11:01:36 AM »
The Live chat may mean that you can breed them, but it won't be a hybrid. (as in, with both occult's powers) If that's the case, both quotes can be correct, if confusing.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #246 on: June 20, 2012, 11:04:22 AM »

The live chat said very specifically that you can have inter-supernatural relations.  Which means a werewolf can marry a fairy but they said when they have kids - the children will only be one type of supernatural.  This means that yes they can have children and your twins could be one fairy and the other is a werewolf but you will not have a werewolf fairy child that can do both.  Only one or the other.  They never said there were going to be hybrids.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #247 on: June 20, 2012, 11:30:17 AM »
I'm actually glad about the no hybrids thing for some reason.. I'm just scared of the bugs that'd undoubtedly result from sims that class as two occults.

Usually the limited edition doesn't cost any more; you just have to pre-order it or get it the first day.

Oh.. I can't get it then, Mum refuses to pay anything over £25 for an EP or SP. :( Oh well, I'll still get the normal one for Christmas. :)

Offline Lizzy3272

• Llama Wrangler
  • SSDD
« Reply #248 on: June 20, 2012, 11:39:01 AM »
Oh.. I can't get it then, Mum refuses to pay anything over £25 for an EP or SP. :( Oh well, I'll still get the normal one for Christmas. :)

Maybe by then it'll be on sale too!  ;)
"The black man fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed..."

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #249 on: June 20, 2012, 11:58:13 AM »
Maybe by then it'll be on sale too!  ;)

Yea that's why I wait so long to get the EPs lol - Amazon usually decrease the prices after a few months. :)

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #250 on: June 20, 2012, 12:01:24 PM »
On Play.com they still have Showtime Limited Edition for sale and there isn't a normal edition in sight. So I honestly do not understand this whole limited edition thing if they still list it on Play.com as well as Amazon (Which has it for like £18 now... Grrr).  ???
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #251 on: June 20, 2012, 12:07:05 PM »
On Play.com they still have Showtime Limited Edition for sale and there isn't a normal edition in sight. So I honestly do not understand this whole limited edition thing if they still list it on Play.com as well as Amazon (Which has it for like £18 now... Grrr).  ???

..Oh. Well then I guess I'll just wait and see if I get lucky! :P

Corcofinde

« Reply #252 on: June 20, 2012, 04:50:05 PM »
This sounds amazing! Moonlight Falls looks great. I'm getting bored with Sunset Valley and find the other EA towns uninteresting for various reasons, but Moonlight Falls looks like it's going to be great. I think I'll abandon my current Immortal Dynasty (my founder hasn't even become an adult yet, so it's no big deal), and relocate it to Moonlight Falls. After I run a test game to discover where the special seeds are, of course.

Whenever I think of the Moonlight Falls and "supernatural" The Vampires Diaries comes into my head. A few minutes ago I realized it was because the TV show takes place in Mystic Falls and features witches, werewolves, and vampires. I wonder if this is a coincidence?

Offline Widonja

• Occult
« Reply #253 on: June 20, 2012, 06:58:05 PM »
5 new facial sliders have been announced! The stream looked pretty great if you ask me...

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #254 on: June 21, 2012, 03:22:56 AM »
Link to Q&A (via SimsVIP)

This looks so cool! They also have lots of new info on the population settings (Question 19). I'm also intrigued by this:

8 – Can we make Sims in ANY color? Orange Sims? Yellow Sims? Purple Sims? Grey Sims?

Well, maybe not “any” color, but players will be able to make Sims in just about every color of the rainbow. We have tried to provide a very diverse pallet to the skin tones in The Sims 3 Supernatural so you could create a wide variety of supernatural Sims, including the more extreme looks that people have in their imaginations.