Author Topic: The Sims 3: Supernatural - Officially Announced!  (Read 166531 times)

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
Re: The Sims 3: Supernatural - Officially Announced!
« Reply #345 on: July 23, 2012, 03:11:55 AM »
They've mentioned alchemy ingredients. I wonder what those would be? I'd love to have a little herb garden!
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #346 on: July 23, 2012, 03:32:33 AM »
Did I see mushrooms in a Supernatural picture? Lots of different kinds! :D

And I just preordered it - I'm finally confident enough in my game's state that I can put more money towards it :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #347 on: July 23, 2012, 03:39:10 AM »
I did see those, yeah! Probably alchemy ingredients, you reckon?

By samoht04

Offline Execution

• Occult
  • Rawr.
« Reply #348 on: July 23, 2012, 03:44:10 AM »
I over-plan things a lot... I'm currently writing a ruleset based on the concept of having Witchiness (the state of being a Witch as defined by The Sims games) run through all 10 generations in a legacy. I might actually make it 7 or 13 Generations, since 7 is the lucky number and 13 is the unlucky number. The ruleset is largely converted from Pinstar's The Sims 2 legacy ruleset since I'm not too keen on the Sims 3 one. With the stereotypical concept of Witches being female, it'll be a Matriarchy. The last name will be Misfit, and the  legacy title will be Moms and Misfits.

I thought about writing a Fairy ruleset, scrapped that, started writing a Werewolf ruleset, scrapped that, and now I'm on witches. I wanted to do Zombies but Zombies can't reproduce, so...

Offline RunAmokSims

• Immortal
« Reply #349 on: July 23, 2012, 07:34:11 AM »
While I'm waiting for actual game play, instead of getting over the top about trailers and pictures, I can't wait for this EP. There has been so much realistic content released with little fantasy. My favorite part of Showtime is the genie, in Generations it was the IF, but I didn't get really excited about unicorns.  I think I'm least excited about the fairies, but then you never know, they might be fun once I actually get my hands on them.

I try not to actually plan future scenarios because I don't know enough about all the things that will be able to be done. However I am thinking about a whole town filled with werewolves,ghosts, witches,mummies, zombies and all the fantasy elements in one place.

I'm just one of those players that want to bang my head on the desk rather than maxing out an existing skill one more time. Thank goodness for mods. They gave me something new to play with while I wait.

Offline Lysita

• Townie
« Reply #350 on: July 23, 2012, 12:23:38 PM »
@Execution

13 is actually a number loved by witches. Some witches/wiccans like to keep to a 13 strong coven. There are 13 full moons in a year too, and a lot of spells rely of the moon phase.

Offline Execution

• Occult
  • Rawr.
« Reply #351 on: July 23, 2012, 02:14:53 PM »
@Execution

13 is actually a number loved by witches. Some witches/wiccans like to keep to a 13 strong coven. There are 13 full moons in a year too, and a lot of spells rely of the moon phase.
I really don't want to base my challenge/legacy off of Wicca because 1) This will probably make the moderators upset and it might be removed, since I fully intend to share it. 2) Combining Wicca and the Sim witches would be really offensive to Wiccans themselves.

Therefore, I'm trying to base it off of a standard horror-story witch but with a quirky Adams-family sense to it.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #352 on: July 23, 2012, 04:03:23 PM »
I pre-ordered from Origin so will have the extra goodies.  This is going to be fun.  With everyone jonesing for Seasons I have to say I'm jonesing for something closer to Lord of the Rings and this might just do it for me. 

One question I have though.  They said you can control vampires and other supernaturals, turn them off, but does this mean it includes the LN vamps as well?  I really, really get fed up with all my townies eventually turning.  Celebs don't bother me much but the vamps are just too annoying/creepy.

I don't mind werewolves.  I've met too many fun ones or nice ones, (I Was A Teen Age Werewolf, Professor Lupin, etc.), and Zombies are just kind of gross and nasty but the amount of fun I'd have with the pea shooter makes up for that.  Hmmmm, wonder if the cow plant would find them tasty?  Fairies on the other hand, are way to real to my Celtic heritage self!  I am SO going to make a fairy village. 
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Execution

• Occult
  • Rawr.
« Reply #353 on: July 23, 2012, 04:15:25 PM »
I am SO going to make a fairy village. 
There's quite a few worlds on the exchange with pre-built lots but no sims. Were you planning to populate one of those or something along those lines?

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #354 on: July 23, 2012, 04:27:49 PM »
Actually, I might just nudge the UC team to work on our next build, or learn to use CAW myself.

At the moment, I have been building a fantasy land spot on that large island in Barnacle Bay.  BB itself is a bit of a snore so I thought I'd do a remodel but I wanted to add a large fantasy element.  It's cute, featuring a lot of builds by Agneza, but also a few remodeled standard houses of my own.
However, I think more would be needed to make it really work.

The more I think of it the more I like the idea of building an entire LOTR world complete with fairies, elves, etc. 
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #355 on: July 23, 2012, 04:37:45 PM »
I'm probably going to be ignoring the Supernatural Features for a week or two whilst I finally get my Elf Ear Sliders! ;D I'd like to build a fantasy island or continue one of my old projects but CAW won't work when I use the Large Map only on medium, sadly all my WIP's were on Large so I've basically lost my Fantasy World, my Modern World and my Themed World for a certain book. I think Moonlight Falls will cater for my Fantasy World desires.  :P
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #356 on: July 23, 2012, 07:31:31 PM »
I'm really excited about the witches, but I'm also looking forward to the zombies. I don't know why alot of people say they don't like zombies. Maybe it's cause I absolutely adore horror movies or what, but I'm gonna have so much fun with them. I can't wait until September. All the new info is just so awesome!!

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #357 on: July 23, 2012, 09:22:13 PM »
I'm thinking about werewolves and witches in Twinbrook, and I already have a fairy Sim for Hidden Springs (ok, she's not a fairy yet, but give her pointy ears and wings, and she'll do).
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #358 on: July 23, 2012, 09:34:55 PM »
Hmmm...elves and Lord of the Rings...do you think they'll give us an Archery skill? Lol I don't think they will, but I wish they would. *sigh*

By samoht04

Offline thesimslover828

• Playing The Sims 3 again, WooHoo!!!
  • Immortal
  • Death To The Visitors, V Is For Victory
« Reply #359 on: July 23, 2012, 11:51:07 PM »
I pre-ordered from Origin so will have the extra goodies.  This is going to be fun.  With everyone jonesing for Seasons I have to say I'm jonesing for something closer to Lord of the Rings and this might just do it for me. 

One question I have though.  They said you can control vampires and other supernaturals, turn them off, but does this mean it includes the LN vamps as well?  I really, really get fed up with all my townies eventually turning.  Celebs don't bother me much but the vamps are just too annoying/creepy.

I don't mind werewolves.  I've met too many fun ones or nice ones, (I Was A Teen Age Werewolf, Professor Lupin, etc.), and Zombies are just kind of gross and nasty but the amount of fun I'd have with the pea shooter makes up for that.  Hmmmm, wonder if the cow plant would find them tasty?  Fairies on the other hand, are way to real to my Celtic heritage self!  I am SO going to make a fairy village.
If you have LN and supernatural, you won't get two kinds of vampires. It only gives vampires to people without LN, it apply's to all,  because if you have LN and supernatural you get the improvements, not two different kinds. 
We are of peace, always but this is war.
We are of peace, always.
We'll help build a resistance. We have to fight.

When all you've ever loved has been stolen from you, sometimes all you have left is revenge.
For the truly wronged, satisfaction can be found in one of two places,  absolute forgiveness or mortal vindication. This is not a story about forgiveness. When deception cuts this deep, someone has to pay.