Author Topic: The Sims 3: Supernatural - Officially Announced!  (Read 166569 times)

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
Re: The Sims 3: Supernatural - Officially Announced!
« Reply #45 on: June 07, 2012, 03:06:51 PM »
Wait, what's this about Harry Potter/Katy Perry? ???

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #46 on: June 07, 2012, 03:31:58 PM »
I think they were saying they have to choose between getting the new Katy Perry SP and this rumored supernatural EP, for price/budgeting reasons and stuff.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline cathyknits

• Immortal
« Reply #47 on: June 07, 2012, 05:22:09 PM »
According to the linked Wikipedia article (which may or may not be accurate, and I almost don't buy it) there will be both a Katy Perry edition and a Harry Potter edition of Supernatural. I question both - would they really do Katy Perry special editions of two EPs in a row plus a special stuff pack, especially considering that the special items may not be to everyone's taste? Meanwhile, could they actually get the rights to Harry Potter for an EP? It would be really great if they could, but I would hazard a guess Harry Potter is a pretty expensive property to license.

Makin' Magic was definitely my favorite EP from The Sims, and I'll be glad to see magic back in the game beyond the buggy premium items, at any rate!
Immortal Dynasty: A Bouquet of Blossoms

Offline jeanamariex3

• Crazy Cat Lady
  • Watcher
    • Jeana's Blog!
« Reply #48 on: June 07, 2012, 07:22:53 PM »
Actually, EA has already released a Harry Potter game, that wasn't Sims related, so perhaps, they figured, Harry Potter is a popular franchise/series, and the theme is going to be fantasy based, with Elf Ears Sliders etc. so now's the time to mesh it in with Sims. If the Harry Potter thing is true, I hereby give everyone permission to use my cat's Simself in their Harry Potter games, once this EP comes out. LOL!

Offline geekchic

• Townie
« Reply #49 on: June 07, 2012, 10:47:35 PM »
Ack! If this is true, I'm torn! KP or HP? :( Granted, I'd kill for a Hogwarts school...but why can't Katy Perry attend it?!

Offline MomOfMany

• Immortal
« Reply #50 on: June 08, 2012, 12:08:12 PM »
Yeah Cathy I thought the same thing about the Katy Perry Sweet Treats stuff pack. I didn't think they would make a stuff pack based off any person like they did that one but they did it so at this point I see the rumors to be completely possible. I mean I know that Showtime had a Katy Perry version but it also had a regular version as well and Sweet Treats did not! Which made it seem unrealistic to me when it was just a rumor. As I don't remember EA ever doing anything quite like that so I don't doubt it I really don't put it past them at this point! And as for Harry Potter I don't see why EA couldn't team up with them Lego did! And the Sims are quite popular and kinda fantasy-ish! So I can totally see that one being real!

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #51 on: June 08, 2012, 12:23:18 PM »
I'm not that big a fan of Harry Potter, but I would definitely pick that one if it was between that and KP for this EP. I kinda hope it isn't, I'm not so keen on this whole including-another-person/brand thing, but I'd pick Harry Potter anyway. However, having those two versions begs the question, would there be a town with this? Would EA actually decide to make a seperate town for each version of the EP? I mean, I can't see Katy Perry mixing with Harry Potter in a shared town quite easily. :P

I can't seem to find the section on the wiki that speaks about the KP/HP rumours. ???

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline wednesday21

• Lurker
  • Occult
  • Joker is slightly amused.
« Reply #52 on: June 09, 2012, 10:17:24 AM »
Fez, it's not there now, that's why you can't find it. They have edited the page to remove the speculation additions. You can find the page with the info you need by clicking on "view history" and viewing the edits before those marked as 'undid revision'. I'm quoting what was removed from the Wikipedia article here:

Supernatural

NA September 4, 2012
EU September 7, 2012

Three editions: "Limited Edition", "Katy Perry Magical Collector's Edition" and "Harry Potter Collector's Edition."

Additions: New careers, magical creatures, new objects, new sim traits/lifetime wishes;

Katy Perry only: downloadable Katy Perry-themed pink cauldron, magical fruit-themed clothing, and Katy Perry-themed magical items; Harry Potter only: downloadable Hogwarts school, magical Harry Potter spells, clothing, and Harry Potter-themed world: Spellcraft Village.

Features: Spells, make potions, beekeeping, baking, magical creatures, witchcraft system, forge charms, alchemical ingredients, amusement parks, carnivals/fairs, and rides. New world: Supernatural Valley (Harry Potter only: Spellcraft Village).

Life State: Fairies, Witches, Warlocks, Werewolves, and Zombies;

New Careers: Fortune Teller.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #53 on: June 09, 2012, 10:31:29 AM »
If they do a Katy Perry version for this EP then that is simply ridiculous in my view. Sure Showtime had a connection but I can only take so much Fruit! I think EA have the rights to the Harry Potter games anyway don't they? So I guess it could make sense if they are going to make a trend of getting another big name to join forces. Although that is all speculation and it could be someone who made a random list of stuff that could happen. Although I had to laugh when looking through the list of features - I was like. "Yeah, Yeah that's fine, Wait why is there Bee Keeping!?"  ???

If we get more than one Creature in this EP then either the Price goes up or there isn't that much to the EP other than creatures. I doubt EA would give us a normal amount of content plus extra creatures for a similar price to other eps.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Leto85

« Reply #54 on: June 09, 2012, 10:45:17 AM »
Nice info Wednesday. Glad you got it ripped before it was taken down.
I'm not familiar with Katy Perrys music myself but ask that pink that came with the stuff pack is a but too much for me.
Harry Potter on the other hand does attract me. I am once again not a fan, but the idea of a downloadable Hogward school is just cool. Even more if it also would function as one.

Offline Widonja

• Occult
« Reply #55 on: June 09, 2012, 10:57:36 AM »
I'm going to say I actually don't like it. I would prefer weather over this. And to have more and more exclusive content is just ridiculous. Aren't EPs and SPs supposed to be exclusive already? For what is worth, you can not even play the vanilla game anymore... I will be playing the EP, but I can just take so much super natural stuff. I mean, i don't play vampires, I hate unicorns and in general, I don't even like pets in The Sims that much...

Hope the sims 4 has Weather in the base game (Y)

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #56 on: June 09, 2012, 10:58:01 AM »
I'd bet it would be a Rabbit Hole for the School of a town or something. If there is even a Harry Potter version and not someone basing it on what happened with Showtime.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Widonja

• Occult
« Reply #57 on: June 09, 2012, 11:04:57 AM »
One thing I do look forward too:
Crossbreeding Simbots, Mummies, Zombies, Witches, Werewolves, Warlocks and so on. It will make a great story!

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #58 on: June 09, 2012, 11:22:09 AM »
I highly doubt the school would actually be a proper walk-in venue. If this HP thing is true, my bet is on it being a Rabbit-Hole. I just really hope none of those rumours are true, this colliding-with-brands thing just irritates me, especially as I'm not overly keen on either brand. If the HP thing is true, then I hope the Harry Potter version comes with the town mentioned as well as the town in the original? It'd no doubt cost far more, but I like having all the towns. ^-^

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #59 on: June 09, 2012, 11:24:36 AM »
Why am I the most excited for baking and beekeeping? My gardening sims could really use some honeybees to sweeten up their lives.

It would sweeten it up better than more Katy Perry stuff. There's going to be a version without brands/celebrity endorsement, right? D: