Author Topic: The Sims 3: Supernatural - Officially Announced!  (Read 166273 times)

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 3: Supernatural - Officially Announced!
« Reply #495 on: August 24, 2012, 05:20:22 AM »
I'm so looking forward to this, I just hope my Parents are going ot break their tradition of not getting me Sims Expansions for my Birthday. Although I know this would be a Pre-Order present, haha. If I lived in the US it could have been delivered on my birthday.. Sigh..

This saddens me greatly.  I like Genies :(

My Dynasty experience tells me they are a great pain..  :P Seriously though, my Founder has two Lamps because one day he wants to free them so he's leaving that extra wish etc. Now both Genies are glitched to be permanently out of their lamps and they just play on the computer or sit in the hot-tub.  ::)
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #496 on: August 24, 2012, 06:40:45 AM »
I'm thinking about adding Alchemy to the major requirements in the College Daze project and making Hogwarts.

Off topic, I really like your signature, Thomas -- very appropriate and well-designed.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #497 on: August 24, 2012, 06:45:33 AM »
Since you Americans will be getting this EP a minimum of 3 Days before I may or may not get my hands on this - Would someone be able to take some pictures of the elf ear sliders and stuff? Lol, when asked what your favourite part of this EP is I don't say new occults, magic or any of that, I just want my Elf Ear sliders..  ::)

Off topic, I really like your signature, Thomas -- very appropriate and well-designed.

Thank you.  :)

Offline sims96fan

• Occult
« Reply #498 on: August 24, 2012, 12:02:24 PM »
Can you turn ALL of the supernaturals off and just play the base game with the alchemy system and extra objects like the beehive, etc. in some saved games?  I can't see supernaturals fitting in very well in some worlds like Sunlit Tides, so I want to still be able to play some saved games of normal sims only there but have supernaturals in other worlds.  ;D

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #499 on: August 24, 2012, 12:46:18 PM »
You pretty much can, but one of the silliest oversights seems to be that you can't turn off zombies without turning off the lunar cycle. As long as you ignore the zombies (or tune the lunar cycle to avoid the full moon), you can play a rather normal game.

Offline sims96fan

• Occult
« Reply #500 on: August 24, 2012, 02:30:09 PM »
Thanks!  If I like to sometimes play sims on empty lots with no walled-in houses, will the zombies be a problem, or could the pea shooters take care of that?

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #501 on: August 24, 2012, 02:37:10 PM »
The peashooters will probably suffice, or so it seems.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #502 on: August 24, 2012, 03:44:35 PM »
I don't think the pea shooters always win tho. I believe it was in the first live broad cast that they showed the pea shooter and the zombie made it to the pea shooter and disabled it. So you might want to have a few of the pea shooters around your lot.
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #503 on: August 24, 2012, 03:50:33 PM »
That's just good PvZ strategy - to have multiple pea shooters that is.   Another thing is just remember that even if you like open spaces - fences sometimes are a cute way to break up spaces and a good way to keep others out.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline sims96fan

• Occult
« Reply #504 on: August 24, 2012, 05:25:16 PM »
Fences don't belong on a tropical beach though!  ;D

If I turn off the lunar cycle, will the zombies disappear entirely, so I could have a normal town?

Offline Dextra2

• Ruler-of-All-She-Sees-And Has A Really Big Ego.
  • Immortal
  • You can call me Dex!
« Reply #505 on: August 24, 2012, 05:35:58 PM »
They will unless you make a zombie poition.
If a cluttered desk is an indication of a clutter mind, what is indicated by an empty desk?
~~~
That one moment when you realize you've been stalking the same thread for ten minutes... And there no reason why because you're up to date on everything.
~~~
Crossing the Rubicon

The Dark Fae's Quest

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #506 on: August 24, 2012, 05:37:19 PM »
Fences don't belong on a tropical beach though!  ;D If I turn off the lunar cycle, will the zombies disappear entirely, so I could have a normal town?

Tropical Fences do. :P Make a feature out of it, plant some tropical bushes or something. As for the Lunar Cycle you can set the phases I think they said so you can make it be a Wanning Moon (?) and never be a Full Moon.

Offline sims96fan

• Occult
« Reply #507 on: August 24, 2012, 05:59:05 PM »
They will unless you make a zombie poition.

Thanks!  This is helpful.

Tropical Fences do.  Make a feature out of it, plant some tropical bushes or something. As for the Lunar Cycle you can set the phases I think they said so you can make it be a Wanning Moon (?) and never be a Full Moon.

That's actually a shame because the moon reflecting over the water in Sunlit Tides is so beautiful.  As for tropical fences, I haven't really found one?  I'm not too familiar with a lot of the build objects though.  Unfortunately, I'm not great at building, so I'm currently using the lovely lot that's RIGHT on the beach, so a fence doesn't seem to really fit in there.  It also looks a bit odd because the neighbors don't have fences either and they are just down the stretch of beach.

Joanne

« Reply #508 on: August 25, 2012, 06:12:32 AM »
I've ordered my copy yesterday yay! I will leave the options for the population (except for vampires) in Moonlight falls at default, but I will turn it off in the other towns. I can't wait to play with fairies. :D
Now I just hope I remember to change it every time I switched towns. :P

Offline Dextra2

• Ruler-of-All-She-Sees-And Has A Really Big Ego.
  • Immortal
  • You can call me Dex!
« Reply #509 on: August 25, 2012, 08:08:36 AM »
Jonne will you post pictures? Lots and lots of pictures for those who don't have it yet? (This goes for every other person who gets it before I do. :P)
If a cluttered desk is an indication of a clutter mind, what is indicated by an empty desk?
~~~
That one moment when you realize you've been stalking the same thread for ten minutes... And there no reason why because you're up to date on everything.
~~~
Crossing the Rubicon

The Dark Fae's Quest