Author Topic: The Sims 3: Supernatural - Officially Announced!  (Read 164934 times)

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
Re: The Sims 3: Supernatural - Officially Announced!
« Reply #450 on: August 13, 2012, 09:55:05 PM »
The more I read the more I'm looking forward to this expansion. Can't wait to be a witch.
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

Offline Tin

• Llama Wrangler
  • This is my dog
« Reply #451 on: August 14, 2012, 12:35:27 PM »
I like everything but the sparkling vampires part. At least we can choose if we want them to sparkle or not with a potion.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Missa

• Townie
« Reply #452 on: August 14, 2012, 01:41:39 PM »
I am getting so excited for this expansion! I love vampires but not going out in the sun was so annoying so I don't really play them, but now I can!! Can't wait :)

Offline ladybug53

• Watcher
« Reply #453 on: August 15, 2012, 08:23:40 AM »
Don't forget today there's an other Live Broadcast. This is from the Sim3 website .

Producer Broadcast, Live from Gamescom August 15th @ 8 a.m. PST!
POSTED ON 08/13/12 09:40 PM
Tune in and join the SimGuru's for a deeper dive into the world of witches and vampires for The Sims 3 Supernatural, and then go into The Sims 3 Seasons, for a look at  fun features that come with the change of seasons! So make sure you mark your calendars and tune in on August 15th @ 8 a.m. PST to ask your questions live!
Memories have no expiration date .
ladybug53's Studio

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #454 on: August 15, 2012, 08:40:14 PM »
I hadn't noticed this mentioned here so thought I would. It seems the magic items from there store will be getting an upgrade with Supernatural also.

Posted by SimGuruSarah

Hello Simmers!

I’m here to tell you about how the The Sims 3 Supernatural is going to enhance existing magic items that are available on The Sims 3 Store! These items will not be included in Supernatural, but if you’ve purchased them from the Store, you’ll get the benefits of these special effects:

Brewing potions in Lord Vladimir’s Magic Cauldron will increase your Sim’s Alchemy Skill, and Sims can conjure components in the cauldron that will be needed for crafting within the Alchemy system.

Telling fortunes and peering into The Soothsayer’s Crystal Ball will give a job performance bonus if the Sim is a member of the Fortune Teller career!

Performing the magical interactions on Lady Ravendancer Goth’s Book o’ Spells and the Malleable Mimic Voodoo Doll will increase your Sim’s hidden Spellcasting Skill. You will be able to use the Voodoo Doll to curse other Sims and turn them into a zombie! You will also be able to use the Voodoo Doll to bless zombie Sims and cure them of their affliction.

Lastly, there will be a new interaction on the Voodoo Doll, “Transform!” This is only available when a Voodoo Doll is bound to a Werewolf or a Fairy. You’ll have to wait to play The Sims 3 Supernatural to find out what that does specifically.

There is a lot more news to come, so stay tuned. As always, keep asking your SimGurus questions on the forums.

Thanks,
SimGuruSarah

Offline thesimslover828

• Playing The Sims 3 again, WooHoo!!!
  • Immortal
  • Death To The Visitors, V Is For Victory
« Reply #455 on: August 15, 2012, 08:45:03 PM »
I hadn't noticed this mentioned here so thought I would. It seems the magic items from there store will be getting an upgrade with Supernatural also.

Posted by SimGuruSarah

Hello Simmers!

I’m here to tell you about how the The Sims 3 Supernatural is going to enhance existing magic items that are available on The Sims 3 Store! These items will not be included in Supernatural, but if you’ve purchased them from the Store, you’ll get the benefits of these special effects:

Brewing potions in Lord Vladimir’s Magic Cauldron will increase your Sim’s Alchemy Skill, and Sims can conjure components in the cauldron that will be needed for crafting within the Alchemy system.

Telling fortunes and peering into The Soothsayer’s Crystal Ball will give a job performance bonus if the Sim is a member of the Fortune Teller career!

Performing the magical interactions on Lady Ravendancer Goth’s Book o’ Spells and the Malleable Mimic Voodoo Doll will increase your Sim’s hidden Spellcasting Skill. You will be able to use the Voodoo Doll to curse other Sims and turn them into a zombie! You will also be able to use the Voodoo Doll to bless zombie Sims and cure them of their affliction.

Lastly, there will be a new interaction on the Voodoo Doll, “Transform!” This is only available when a Voodoo Doll is bound to a Werewolf or a Fairy. You’ll have to wait to play The Sims 3 Supernatural to find out what that does specifically.

There is a lot more news to come, so stay tuned. As always, keep asking your SimGurus questions on the forums.

Thanks,
SimGuruSarah
I did know about this but I forgot where I read it lol. I have all of the objects so I'm thrilled.
We are of peace, always but this is war.
We are of peace, always.
We'll help build a resistance. We have to fight.

When all you've ever loved has been stolen from you, sometimes all you have left is revenge.
For the truly wronged, satisfaction can be found in one of two places,  absolute forgiveness or mortal vindication. This is not a story about forgiveness. When deception cuts this deep, someone has to pay.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #456 on: August 15, 2012, 11:45:17 PM »
I wonder if Fez knows about the sparkles yet.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #457 on: August 16, 2012, 05:57:20 AM »
I wonder if Fez knows about the sparkles yet.

The sparkly vampires? Teehee.. I think it's a funny price to pay for those Lifetime Rewards. :P

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #458 on: August 16, 2012, 06:09:15 AM »

The sparkly vampires? Teehee.. I think it's a funny price to pay for those Lifetime Rewards. :P
Wait, there are sparkly vampires now! Is there something I've been missing...
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #459 on: August 16, 2012, 06:14:33 AM »
Wait, there are sparkly vampires now! Is there something I've been missing...

One last thing to mention, vampires have a new immortal lifetime happiness reward that has a number of effects. Having this reward will completely stop them from aging, allow them to be in the sun without any penalties, will never have them be rejected when taking a drink of blood from another Sim and will need less plasma in order to survive. However, side effects of this reward may include slight sparkles…!

I think it's hilarious. :P I always seem to make my vamps (Who I've only had a few of) these pretentious pretending-to-be-evil types. So imagine if they went around like Edward Cullen, Mr Abhorred So-Called Fairy/Vampire himself. ;D

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #460 on: August 16, 2012, 09:44:02 AM »
I was surprised when I read about sparkling vampire deal.
Sounds to much like to constant sparkles we had with Eye Candy when it first came out. They finally fixed that because of all the complaints and now they are going to do it again.

Offline smartburn

• Occult
« Reply #461 on: August 16, 2012, 10:22:00 PM »
Gift card came through, and Supernatural has been pre-ordered, woohoo!! Sims with truly trippy skintones and vampires that live longer than a day in my control here I come!

I went for Pets too - I figured what's a witch without a cat...

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #462 on: August 17, 2012, 02:31:19 PM »
SimsVIP found some new in game screenshots from SimFans.de's facebook page who is visiting Gamescon live.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline ladybug53

• Watcher
« Reply #463 on: August 17, 2012, 02:36:53 PM »
Some of those new hairstyles are quite nice. Thanks for the new photos Ricalynn.  :)
Memories have no expiration date .
ladybug53's Studio

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
« Reply #464 on: August 18, 2012, 04:26:47 AM »
They just had to make Vampires sparkle didn't they. *Groans*

I'm looking forward to the Fairys most, love their outfits and hairstyles and their wings are so pretty. Love that they can fly and the little Fairy houses are so cute, can't wait to try out the Fairy ring too.

Can't wait to play a witch too, super excited about being able to fly on a broom, engage in spellcasting duels, cast spells and learn Alchemy. Looking forward to turning someone into a toad, lol. I hope the Lady Ravendancer Goth’s Book o’ Spells bug with pets will be fixed though.

Werewolves will be interesting, keen to try out their hunting skills, they seem pretty funny.

Not too keen on Zombies, if they destroy my garden I will be steamed! Hopefully a fence and a locked gate will keep them out, those Peashooters are darn cute!

I'm so happy that Toddlers get a Rocking Horse, yay! They haven't had any new toys since Generations, can't wait to whoohoo in the wardrobe too, lol, Fortune Telling also looks intersting.

Keen for this expansion, I love Supernatural stuff.  ;D