Author Topic: The Sims 3: Supernatural - Officially Announced!  (Read 164923 times)

Offline FrostFlower

• Llama Wrangler
Re: The Sims 3: Supernatural - Officially Announced!
« Reply #465 on: August 18, 2012, 10:06:54 PM »
I actually kind of like that they did it that way--seems like a good compromise to me. Nobody is forced to have sparkly vampires, but the option is there for those who might want them.

I think I'm actually most looking forward to the new CAS options--the different skin tones and pointy ears. And of course the ability to make supernaturals right from the beginning. More long-haired options for men, too, which I like. I do worry, however, that random townies are going to show up wearing traffic cones on their heads.

Honestly, the three things I've been waiting for since the Sims 3 came out are pets, supernatural, and seasons. So I am a happy simmer. :)

Offline thesimslover828

• Playing The Sims 3 again, WooHoo!!!
  • Immortal
  • Death To The Visitors, V Is For Victory
« Reply #466 on: August 19, 2012, 06:25:23 AM »
The sparkles almost look like snow to me, nothing like Twilight vampire sparkles. I wasn't crazy about the sparkles either but they look OK, more Simish less Twilightish.
We are of peace, always but this is war.
We are of peace, always.
We'll help build a resistance. We have to fight.

When all you've ever loved has been stolen from you, sometimes all you have left is revenge.
For the truly wronged, satisfaction can be found in one of two places,  absolute forgiveness or mortal vindication. This is not a story about forgiveness. When deception cuts this deep, someone has to pay.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

doriankelley

« Reply #467 on: August 19, 2012, 04:01:36 PM »
I'm more excited for weird little things like beekeeping and indoor planters and more recipes/harvestable plants.

Contrary to my own personality, I tend to create sims who are skilled outdoorsmen; beekeeping holds a lot of ingame appeal for me. This sounds silly, but I will find it very fun!

From what I have read, zombies will be fond of destroying other sim's plants. I will definitely want those peashooters for my community gardens. Still, they would be fun to play. [cue obligatory nefarious chuckle]

If a witch changes lifestate and back again, I wonder if their abilities shall be retained or if they must relearn each spell from scratch.

Generations brought chemistry to the logic skill, I wonder how it will sync with alchemy.

EDIT: With WA in mind, witches should be able to fend off mummies with ease (I shall abuse this factor gleefully), and maybe their ice spell can disable fire traps too. 8)
EDIT: In fact, the first thing I shall do is make an evil witch a celebrity. Paparazzi = endless supply of victims.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #468 on: August 20, 2012, 07:34:39 PM »
SimsVIP has linked to a german site that has 55 screenshots of Supernatural's Female CAS items.  If you're curious, click the link to go see what there is.

Edit: Another link to SimsVIP where you can take a link to the same german site to see the 47 male CAS items from Supernatural.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Tin

• Llama Wrangler
  • This is my dog
« Reply #469 on: August 20, 2012, 08:12:16 PM »
I have seen some of it, and i like the style. Especially the nature themed or medieval kind of clothes. But modern ones look great, too. This will be the greatest expansion ever, who knows, maybe even better than seasons ;)

doriankelley

« Reply #470 on: August 20, 2012, 08:28:45 PM »
Those men's jackets are very debonair, I approve! I am more fond of these clothes than the usual reaction (horror, disgust, melodramatic wrath). I mean this game is very expensive, I should hope that my sims have something nice to wear!

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #471 on: August 20, 2012, 08:46:38 PM »
Are those torn jeans I see? :D

And EA has no idea how many characters of mine need formal jackets and other fancy things. I'm stoked!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #472 on: August 21, 2012, 01:01:43 AM »
The thing I like the most about those clothes is the potential for mixing and matching. I've noticed a lot of promotional material features Sims wearing "dresses" that are actually a combination of a Supernatural skirt and top. It's a pretty cool system - it not only allows more versatility but it also doubles the number of recolourable channels on the outfit.  :)

Offline ladybug53

• Watcher
« Reply #473 on: August 21, 2012, 06:01:49 AM »
Wow ! I just love those clothes. My mind is just running wild now. I can't wait to create special sims and play in this exciting new expansion. It's looking better and better all the time. :)
Memories have no expiration date .
ladybug53's Studio

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #474 on: August 21, 2012, 07:56:39 AM »
I am simply ecstatic about this expansion. The more I read the more excited I become. I had no idea how absolutely perfect it would be for my Harry Potter world! Thrills!

By samoht04

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #475 on: August 21, 2012, 06:41:53 PM »
SimsVIP linked to translated SimsFan.de who just put up a 7 page written preview from their experience with Supernatural at Gamescon.  They also included some amazing screenshots. 
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline sims96fan

• Occult
« Reply #476 on: August 21, 2012, 08:26:31 PM »
Is anyone aware of any stuff pack giveaways with Supernatural?  I seem to have missed the boat on all of the summer sale and previous EP/SP discounts.  Are they likely to occur again?  Trying to decide if I should just pick up the SPs now or wait and if I should wait to pre-order Supernatural.  Thanks! :)

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
« Reply #477 on: August 22, 2012, 01:19:59 AM »
I love the cute new toddler stuff, all the new teddies, the freezer bunny rug and the rocking horse, so adorable. So glad to finally see toddlers get new things, it's been too long. I'm also excited about the UFO catcher, can't wait to try that out. That wall scroll looks gorgeous too.

It's good to see some things returning from The Sims 2 as well such as the train set and the grandfather clock.

Offline KJSinclair

• Townie
  • I may have a sharp tongue but I have a soft heart
« Reply #478 on: August 22, 2012, 03:00:28 AM »
When this was first announced I wasn't at all interested in it, I didn't see how it would add anything to the style that I like to play, however having seen and read more about it, I am eagerly anticipating it's release.

This is another EP that I am going to have to buy before I can even afford to purchase a computer to play it on lol.

I love all the added CAS options and a small part of me wants to create Harry Potter hehe.

Kindest Regards
KJ
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes we have to wait a long time for the reason to become clear.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #479 on: August 22, 2012, 03:19:22 AM »
When this was first announced I wasn't at all interested in it, I didn't see how it would add anything to the style that I like to play, however having seen and read more about it, I am eagerly anticipating it's release.

This is another EP that I am going to have to buy before I can even afford to purchase a computer to play it on lol.

I love all the added CAS options and a small part of me wants to create Harry Potter hehe.

Kindest Regards
KJ

I know what you mean.  I wasn't as excited as I could have been because I almost never play any of the occult Sims.  I like just a normal family.  But this looks like it's going to be a spectacular release!
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

anything