Author Topic: Rules: "Short" Dynasty Project  (Read 25047 times)

Offline cndneh

• Watcher
Rules: "Short" Dynasty Project
« on: July 29, 2012, 12:16:39 PM »
This is a multi-generational (10 Generations) challenge for people who don't have the attention span (or time) to plan a full length legacy/dynasty.  This game will be played on the "short" time span and will present its own challenges along the way.

Rules - Rules are typical to other challenges and its best to review them. (Story Rules) (Forum Rules)

1) Game Options : Length - Short; Aging - on; Freewill - High.

2) Edit town is off limits unless you need to add proper book shelves to libraries missing skill books. Or if you require community lots (consignment store is highly recommended if playing the self employed version). This is to be done at the start before you do anything, after which it is not allowed.

3) Mods and Custom Content is up to the user, and is used at their own risk. (cheats like static needs, polination etc are not allowed)

4) Traits are to be random, Life Time Wish is to be chosen from the five options allowed, not the sixth 'anything goes' option.

5) Life Time Rewards are allowed except for Fertility Treatment, Change Lifetime Wish, No Bills Ever,  Mid-Life Crisis, Dusty Old Lamp, Inheritance,  Age Freeze Potion, and Young Again Potion. Any mods/cheats that do the same as these are banned as well.

6) Any age altering techniques (life fruit, ambrosia, mods, tattoos etc.) are not allowed.

7) Game starts with your Sims on the (empty) dynasty lot in your chosen town, they will remain here for the entire game.

8 ) Vacations are allowed, however they are restricted to 9 days per Sim.

9) Pets are allowed, playable occult that have a normal 'human' age span are allowed, occult with an extended life span (fairies, genies, etc) are not allowed.  Non-playable ghost can come from a gravestone and do its own haunting.

10) Heirs can be any child but it must be the same child for each generation (first born female, first born male, last born for each of the 10 generations, etc.)
The heir takes over as a young adult.  In the event of a death of the heir's parents the heir must have someone to look after them, but this guardian's points are now void and don't count towards any point total (if you are keeping score). The heir's parents may not have any more children after heir has taken over.

Objective of the challenge - dealing with your Sims on a short life span for 10 generations and trying to make it the happiest/richest life possible.  Points will be given for various challenges completed. Game is over when you have reached Generation 10.  Add up points for direct family to the heir and there is your score. (For example: spouses/children to non-heirs living on the lot don't count towards points, only the heir, their spouse, their children, and their parents living on the lot)

1 point for each child born (living on the lot or not), adoptive/cloned kids are allowed but don't count. (this counts for the heir only, children of the brothers/sisters of the heir don't count)
 1 point for each LTW completed.
 1 point for each property bought in full.
 1 extra point for each fully upgraded property.
 1 point for each maxed skill.
 1 extra point for any super maxed skill.
 1 point for top of careers reached (rabbit hole or self-employment).
 1 point for medium gravestones achieved for direct family.
 2 points for large gravestones achieved for direct family.

Bonus challenges include some of the following, these have no point value (however points could be assigned if desired) and are only to add to the playing challenge:

Gain money through self employment only.
Have potraits/sculptures of all family members.
10 best friends per generation(NPC/Townies).
Only follow daily wishes (Wishmaster).
Marriage to NPC's only.
Genetic anomaly passed on through generations (eye/hair/skin color/species etc).
Specific trait passed through all family members (eg: all members must have "family oriented trait" - this requires family members to complete certain things so traits aren't randomly chosen by the game)

People who have tried the Short Dynasty(if you have done it, let me know and i'll link you here!):
Canius with The Jack 'Short' Dynasty - completed with 75 points

Offline Aadi

• Nooboo
Re: "Short" Dynasty Project
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2012, 12:26:29 PM »
This sounds really interesting. I've actually never played on the short lifespan so it would be interesting to see how much I could accomplish with a shorter time. I do find it gets a bit too easy on the long lifespan so maybe I'll give this a go :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline cndneh

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2012, 12:31:29 PM »
This sounds really interesting. I've actually never played on the short lifespan so it would be interesting to see how much I could accomplish with a shorter time. I do find it gets a bit too easy on the long lifespan so maybe I'll give this a go :)

I have no attention span to do long dynasties so I tried this and things happens so fast, you have to keep your family on their toes if you want to A) have an income B) have your kids grow up well and C) not go crazy.  Its great!

:)

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2012, 12:41:28 PM »
Very nice set of rules.  You made sure to approve this with Pam and Metro first correct?
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline cndneh

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2012, 12:49:35 PM »
Very nice set of rules.  You made sure to approve this with Pam and Metro first correct?

Thanks! I've been talking to Pam, she said I could post it.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2012, 12:51:26 PM »
Just double checking!  This sounds like pure chaos and  a lot of fun. 
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline cndneh

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2012, 12:56:58 PM »
Just double checking!  This sounds like pure chaos and  a lot of fun.

Pure chaos describes it well when you have 5 toddlers and they need to grow up well, and they grow up in 2 days... parents/toddlers take turns sleeping, and no money is made and babies are crying and no static needs cheats are allowed and.... arrrggghhh....

;D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline cndneh

• Watcher
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2012, 12:29:57 AM »
This sounds mad but fun.

Glad you think so, I'd love to know how it goes if you try it!  :)

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2012, 09:32:02 AM »
I really like the idea of this. I really want to give it a try I have never played on the short setting before so things should get interesting.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Ilessthan3TheSims

• Occult
  • Call me iless :)
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2012, 03:39:50 PM »
Must give this a go!  :D

Offline cndneh

• Watcher
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2012, 01:10:43 AM »
I really like the idea of this. I really want to give it a try I have never played on the short setting before so things should get interesting.

Rachel

Must give this a go!  :D

Glad you both like the idea, playing on short does have its own challenge!  Love to hear how it turns out for you.

Offline marwolfer

• Occult
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2012, 02:35:19 AM »
I have a question about some of the points before I get into this.

Can points for maxing skills, LTW achievement, and reaching the top of their career only be gained from the heir, or are those points awarded for anyone on the lot who manages to do this?
Origin ID: marwolfer
Check me out on the gallery!!

Offline cndneh

• Watcher
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2012, 11:32:07 AM »
I have a question about some of the points before I get into this.

Can points for maxing skills, LTW achievement, and reaching the top of their career only be gained from the heir, or are those points awarded for anyone on the lot who manages to do this?

The points are for those on the lot that are direct relation to the heir.  So the heir, spouse, and their children.  Spouses/children to non-heirs on the lot wouldn't count for example.  Hope that helps, and have fun!

Offline Cainus

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2013, 02:07:58 PM »
Hello! I know this was posted some time ago, but I just came across this rule set and I'm actually almost to my third 'short' dynasty gen and had a few questions:

1) If the Heir dies before the next heir is YA (example: the founder passes but the next heir is already born and a teen) is the challenge considered over or can you still play as long as you aren't booted off the lot?

2) Can you age up non-heirs such as adopted children?

Thank you and please let me know if this is the wrong place to post questions or if you'd prefer them in PM.