Author Topic: Two Worlds, One Heart - Epilogue - The Road Goes Ever On and On (Complete)  (Read 144600 times)

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
(Hey all--I finally decided to give my own story a shot. This revolves around two young townies from two vastly different backgrounds finding peace in each other's arms. Let me know what you think!)

Chapter 1 - Poor Little Rich Girl

People say that I was born with a silver spoon in my mouth.

Maybe they are right, at least to a certain degree. I was indeed born into privilege, but if people think that they know me just because they know who my parents are, they are very mistaken.

My name is Holly Alto.

And before you ask, no, I'm nothing like my parents.

Everybody knows Nick and Vita Alto. You'd have to be dead to not know who they are. (And actually most of the local ghosts at least have some clue.)

My mother is a powerful pundit working her way up in local politics. She is as corrupt as they come and will take a bribe from anyone so long as it means another vote and more simoleons in her pocket. So far this year she has managed to oust half of the city council and is planning to run for Mayor come Fall. From what the polls are looking like so far it appears that she may just win. But that, like everything else in mother's life, is a mere stepping-stone on her way upward. She has her eyes set on the top and wants to become the president of Simnation.

If she ever succeeds I swear I'm moving to Lunar Lakes.

My father isn't one for the spotlight. He's not one for the light at all, in fact (don't most rats hide in the dark?). Sure, by day he's a (seemingly) legitimate businessman, but at night father is usually sneaking off to the warehouse on the outskirts of town. Doing what, I don't know for sure, but that place is a hotbed of criminal activity.

So yeah, mother and father are not exactly pillars of morality. I cannot tell you how many times I've tried to turn them around. I also cannot tell you how many times I've been grounded for my attempts.

Needless to say we don't get along terribly well.

Ah well. I have to remain positive. At least I only have one more semester left until graduation, and then I can take a job and get my own place.

Despite my dubious background I'm just an average teenager. I have hopes and dreams just like everyone else. I'd love to be a professional artist someday, much to my mother's chagrin. (“An artist? You cannot be serious. Professional artists make NO money and I'll not be supporting a deadbeat in this house.”)

Hm, perhaps me becoming a police officer would be more to her liking? (Yes, that was sarcastic.)

I have a little bit of time left to figure all of that out. In the meantime, I'm trying to enjoy what is left of my high school career. There's always some sort of social event or dance to attend. I get along with most of the people at my high school (save VJ, but he hates everybody). Bebe and River are my two besties though. I've known both of them since elementary school and we've pretty much been inseparable since.

I haven't seen Bebe much lately since she and Parker started dating. They make a cute couple, but I don't know...Parker has a reputation for being a terrible flirt. River on the other hand is too busy mooning over one of the local rock stars to date anyone seriously. (Seriously. Don't talk about Stiles McGraw around her unless that is ALL you want to talk about for the rest of the afternoon.)

Me?

Er well...I'm not dating anyone. Not to say that I'm not interested in someone...

What? I'm not about to say his name. He might read this...and that would be horribly embarrassing.

I've actually known him for a while, though we didn't really become friends until earlier this year when we took the same painting class. Ms. Crumplebottom paired us off for an assignment and we completely hit it off from there. What struck me about him was the fact that he seemed to be willing to take me for who I am rather than who my parents are, which almost never happens. It's funny. Most people are attracted by a person's appearance first then their personality later. I fell in love with his brilliant mind, his compassionate spirit.

Not to say he isn't cute. I could get lost in those gorgeous blue eyes...

He gave me his phone number after class yesterday and told me to give him a call if I wanted to hang out. I think I'm going to bite the bullet and ask him out.

Wish me luck!

(Author's Note: Yes, Story Progression stuck Agnes in the teaching career. :P

I took a few liberties in regards to Holly's starting age and the people that she actually knows, namely because I can't imagine in a small town like Sunset Valley that she wouldn't know all of her classmates. It's probably fairly obvious who Holly is referring to at the end, given that there are very few high school kids in SV at the start of the game (I did reveal two of his traits and of course the color of his eyes.). The next chapter will be from his perspective. Let me know what you think so far!)

Offline alex51299

• Watcher
Re: Two Worlds, One Heart
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2012, 04:17:33 PM »
This is a great start! I can't wait for the rest.  ;D
If at first you don't succeed, call it version 1.0.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline JudesSims

• Sim Addict - and Proud of It!
  • Watcher
Two Worlds, One Heart
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2012, 04:26:04 PM »
Good job! I'll be reading :)

Offline OhMyZeus

• Llama Wrangler
    • Fruity Zeus for Life!
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2012, 05:23:32 PM »
I'll be reading, Ctrl+F'ed and Bookmarked!
The Floss Immortal Dynasty Updated 30th July 2012

Fruity Zeus for Life!

If money does not grow on trees, then why do banks have branches?

Offline Spork-tastic

• Immortal
  • Keeping it Spork Since 2011
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2012, 07:14:30 PM »
I will be reading! I have never played as any of the townies  so it will be interesting to see what they are like.

Offline ApplesApplesApples

• Occult
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2012, 07:53:09 AM »
Great start! I will definitely be reading this story. :) I like your writing.

loveSims

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2012, 11:40:56 AM »
Great story! I'll be reading. :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2012, 05:39:43 AM »
Wow...thank you all so much for your kind words. :)

Next!

Chapter 2 – Living the Hectic Life

If I had to describe my life using just one word, it would be this: hectic.

Six people live in this house: Two parents, four kids, ages seventeen (me), thirteen, twelve, and nine. all with different activities, all with different schedules. The house is pretty much on the go 18 hours a day, and with both of my parents working full time the four of us are usually left to fend for ourselves for the most part.

I suppose it's not so bad once you get used to it. One thing I will say though—it's never dull in the Bunch household.

Ethan Bunch, at your service. :)

Yeah, that goofy looking guy is me. Dad has been bugging me to get a haircut, but I don't really have the time. Besides, I think I kind of like it longer.

I'm a senior in high school now, just shy of five months away from graduation. One would think that, being this close to graduation, I would have some semblance of an idea of what I want to do with the rest of my life. Everyone has their opinion. Dad thinks I should go into professional sports, Mom wants me to tackle the sciences, and most of my teachers seem to think that I would be good in politics. Honestly, none of those choices really appeal to me.

I just don't know.

All that I know is that I can't wait to graduate and get the heck out of here. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely adore my family, but it's gotten to the point where there's too many people and not enough house.

Speaking of which, I should probably introduce you to the rest of the bunch (pun intended). These are my parents, Jack and Judy. Dad is a career military man and sports enthusiast (he's a walking encyclopedia for baseball stats) and Mom works at the science lab in town.

I'm really proud of Mom, actually. She has lost over a hundred pounds in the last year and is looking fantastic for her age. Her success inspired Dad to shape things up, and just recently he was promoted for his efforts. Way to go, Dad!

Here are my two youngest siblings, Darlene (nine) and Arlo (twelve). Don't let this idyllic picture fool you; they're usually at each other's throats.

Yeah, like that.

Both of them are pretty good kids when they're not trying to kill each other.

This is my other sister Lisa doing what she does best: trying to get out of hot water. She...has issues. I don't know what happened between last year and now, but she's become very self-centered and has gotten in trouble more than once for stealing. She's my sister and I will always love her, but right now she's not the easiest person to be around.

To make things even more interesting, three months ago Mom and Dad made the announcement that another sibling was on the way.

Yep, Mom is pregnant. I guess I shouldn't be too surprised. Mom has been wanting another child for quite some time, and since both she and Dad have slimmed down they've been a lot more...cuddly...lately. (That just conjured up a mental image that I didn't necessarily want.) Arlo and Darlene are taking it well and actually seem excited about it. Lisa is, well, Lisa. (In other words, she doesn't really care.)

So yes, long story short, I have a LOT of family.

Recently though, there has been someone else on my mind. See...I met this girl at school...

Yes I know what you're thinking. “He's a seventeen-year-old male, of course he's thinking about a girl.” You couldn't possibly be more wrong. This is far more than just a physical attraction (don't get me wrong though, she is gorgeous). She has a beautiful mind and a heart of gold, things that are worth far more to me than just a pretty face. The more I talk to her, the more I get to know her, it seems the more I am attracted to her. Best of all, the feeling seems to be mutual; she called me last night to ask me out. Words simply cannot describe how amazing that made me feel.

I'm not ashamed to admit it...I'm head-over-heels in love with Holly Alto.

I can't wait until Friday night...

(Author's Note: Y'know, Jack and Judy Bunch don't look half bad once they lose a bit of weight and start wearing better clothes.)

Offline Sophie98

• Immortal
  • Awkward Fangirl.
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2012, 07:19:10 AM »
I love it! I will most definitely be reading. :)
"The world is not a wish granting factory."
-John Green, The Fault In Our Stars

I have a blog! Please feel free to check it out! http://theatricalteenageramblings.blogspot.co.uk/?m=1

loveSims

« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2012, 07:26:16 AM »
I didn't know Jack and Judy can look so good.
Teenage love are so cute. :)

Offline Spork-tastic

• Immortal
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2012, 11:03:16 AM »
Great update, I think things between Holly and Ethan will go great!

Offline alex51299

• Watcher
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2012, 01:45:46 PM »
Great update, I love how you showed us Ethan's character. He is very relatable.  :D
If at first you don't succeed, call it version 1.0.

Offline OhMyZeus

• Llama Wrangler
    • Fruity Zeus for Life!
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2012, 02:46:22 PM »
Wow, Ethan Bunch and Holly Alto!
The Floss Immortal Dynasty Updated 30th July 2012

Fruity Zeus for Life!

If money does not grow on trees, then why do banks have branches?

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
Two Worlds, One Heart - Chapter 3
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2012, 04:34:05 AM »
Chapter 3 – Third Time's the Charm?

It's been a whirlwind these past few weeks. Remember when I mentioned that I was going to ask a certain someone out? He said yes! Ethan and I went for dinner at the Bistro that Friday night, and we planned to catch a movie at the theater afterward. Unfortunately we were sidelined by an unexpected case of food poisoning...

It didn't end well. Poor Ethan was miserably sick for the rest of the evening and we wound up having to cancel the rest of the date. He was mostly recovered by the next afternoon and we spent a good three hours chatting online... until mother came in, glared at me, and said something along the lines of “Shouldn't you be doing something productive with your life?”

Ugh.

That Monday Ethan invited me over to his house after school to hang out. We took care of homework first (hooray for Calculus...yuck!) and I finally got to meet his two youngest siblings. I think that Darlene in particular took a liking to me, because shortly after I had finished my homework she came up to me with a giant grin on her face, smacked me on the arm, and cheerfully exclaimed “You're it!”

Thus began the craziest game of tag that I have ever played. Ethan and Arlo quickly joined in on the fun, and pretty soon all four of us were running around the yard, laughing like mad as we tried to chase each other down.

I couldn't remember the last time I had had so much fun.

Mrs. Bunch called the youngsters in at about eight, leaving Ethan and I alone on the back porch. Both of us were exhausted from all of the running and decided to just sit back and watch the stars for a while. It was a beautiful night, the sky was clear, there was a light breeze rustling through the trees, and I was with Ethan. I didn't think it could get any better than that.

That's when he touched my hand.

Ethan looked at me with a wide grin on his face. I could have melted then and there.

I don't know how long we sat together. We just talked and talked, about life, school, hopes for the future, anything and everything. It just felt so natural being with him. And then all of the sudden...

LISA ELIZABETH BUNCH!

The sound of Mr. Bunch's irate voice startled us out of our peaceful reverie. Ethan glanced upward and immediately started shaking his head.

“Oh brother, not again.”

“What?”

Ethan pointed through the window into the house, where I noticed the reflection of flashing red and blue lights off of the glass. The police?

Oh dear...

“I...guess I should probably go,” I replied.

“Unless you want to witness World War Three, yeah, that's probably wise.” Ethan heaved a sigh. “I'm sorry Hol.”

I smiled at him. “It's okay. It's getting a bit late anyway. See you in class tomorrow?”

“Of course.”

The rest of that week we were prepping for midterm exams, so we didn't have a chance to spend any real time together. We still chatted online quite a bit. Mother of course tried to put a damper on things until I managed to convince her that Ethan was helping me to study. (Which wasn't a lie, actually. He was able to explain a few of the Physics problems that I didn't quite understand.)

Finally last week we were able to plan for another date...which was tonight.

This time we kept things simple. Ethan invited me over to his house, where he surprised me by making a delicious salad for dinner. We played a few rounds of chess (one of my new obsessions, thanks to Ethan) and chatted a bit with his parents (his mother is really sweet). Ten o' clock came around far too soon. I didn't want to leave, but if I broke curfew I would never hear the end of it.

“Thanks for dinner. I had a wonderful night.”

“Thank you for coming over. I...enjoy spending time with you.”

We just stood there, gazing into each other's eyes. Then before I realized what was happening I felt his lips touching mine. He kissed me. Oh my gosh, Ethan kissed me.

“I love you, Holly Alto,” he spoke in a soft, gentle voice.

“I love you too.”

I feel light as a feather. The birds are singing and the world is beautiful. This...this was the best night of my life!

Offline Spork-tastic

• Immortal
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2012, 10:06:23 AM »
Well it looks to me like things are going smoothly. Great update!