Author Topic: Completely Random Free 1000 Simpoints!  (Read 100464 times)

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
Completely Random Free 1000 Simpoints!
« on: August 02, 2012, 05:55:47 PM »
I don't know why but I was just on my "My Page" on the Officials and underneath my avatar on the left there was something that said "Redeem your free simpoints now!" and boom, 1000 simpoints..! So confused! I don't know why I got them, but you'd better all check if you guys have them too! :D

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Completely Random Free 1000 Simpoints!
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2012, 05:57:34 PM »
I don't know why but I was just on my "My Page" on the Officials and underneath my avatar on the left there was something that said "Redeem your free simpoints now!" and boom, 1000 simpoints..! So confused! I don't know why I got them, but you'd better all check if you guys have them too! :D

I think it's just your lucky day, I can't see anything under mine! I think Leto had this once? Ooh, what are you going to do with all that cash now?  :P
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2012, 06:03:52 PM »
I think it's just your lucky day, I can't see anything under mine! I think Leto had this once? Ooh, what are you going to do with all that cash now?  :P

I don't even know! Wasn't preparing for this. ;D Think I might gift some people. Very strange, and today has been a particularly good day so maybe it is a lucky one. 8)

Offline folcon

• Immortal
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2012, 06:53:05 PM »
I just checked and I got a free 1000 points too, so who knows.

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2012, 06:55:29 PM »
Right, this has to be some sort of bug. I went to my "My Account" page and there was another button. Clicked it just to see what would happen.. I now have 2000 simpoints!

Offline folcon

• Immortal
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2012, 07:03:22 PM »
Well far be it for us to take advatange....well...i guess I shouldn't.

Though it seems the 2000 is all you can get, neither is repatable.

Offline folcon

• Immortal
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2012, 07:15:39 PM »
This is a follow up after checking it out on the offical forums http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/567854.page .  Everyone gets free points, they are there until you claim them.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2012, 07:28:43 PM »
Woo! :D Well that's sweet of them! I've bought the stuff in the store that I really want and I'm just blowing the rest on gifts. :) My Mum's already got a giftcard for me for my birthday anyway so I was going to wait and get the super expensive stuff for myself with that.

Offline folcon

• Immortal
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2012, 07:33:59 PM »
I'm debating if I want to buy one of the worlds, ...I'm suddenly having a brain fart on the name, but it comes with the fountain of youth.  It's on sale now for 2000 points.  Or I might grab some premium content.  Of coruse, first I have to get my computer with sims3 on it working again.

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2012, 07:38:08 PM »
Hidden Springs? If you're into long-term generational games you may want to rethink it because it's extremely buggy after about three generations in (normal life span) but for short term games it's fine, and I know a dynasty that is set in it that hasn't had much problems. My own has only gotten to generation 2 so I cant speak yet. It's my favourite world though. :) I've got a few hundred left and I'm keeping it, but I've gifted a good number of people and I'm feeling super nice about it. ;D I tend to get a bit weird with the store where I can only purchase sets at a time for myself so that's why I decided to wait.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2012, 07:41:14 PM »
I don't get the option still but maybe this post by a Guru may explain things for you - http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/567854.page:)
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2012, 07:48:55 PM »
I don't get the option still but maybe this post by a Guru may explain things for you - http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/567854.page:)

Folcon linked that a few posts back. ;) Maybe check back every day and you'll get it eventually? That post was posted a few days ago yet I only got the option today.

Offline EnglishRose

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2012, 10:21:15 AM »
I haven't got them either :( that post on the forum wasn't very clear, do you think it meant everyone is supposed to get them? Or just those that do were lucky? Its very generous of you to use them on gifts though, Fez :)

Offline Noodles

• Occult
  • Guineapig lover ♥
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2012, 11:20:45 AM »
Maybe check back every day and you'll get it eventually?

The sim guru said: "We have seen some questions regarding the SimPoints that were re-rewarded to fans for registering The Sims 3 base game and earlier expansions that came with free SimPoint cards. The situation has now been addressed", which makes me think this was an error on their part and they have now fixed it but won't be taking those points away. Nice bonus, even if it was a mistake on their part!

(I logged in to see just in case and nope, I didn't get anything!  ;D)

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2012, 02:22:23 AM »
Aw, I missed this, I really need the simpoints for a baby swing for my Dynasty too.  :( I can't buy any simpoints until late November sadly. :( Thanks for posting though, glad some people were able to enjoy them.  :)